ADVERTISEMENT

best positioned to win the Big

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
As of now, I think any team with more than 3 losses is probably not going to be winning or sharing the Big. As fans we can look ahead as long as the players don't! That said, this is what I have and I hope Purdue doesn't wish they could have played Rutgers again. I listed PSU because the small ball has upset potential

“Expected tougher games remaining”

Purdue @Michigan, @IU, @Maryland, @Wisconsin (Home) MSU, PSU, Iowa, OSU, IU, ILL
Rutgers @Iowa, @IU, @ILL @ Wisc @ PSU (Home) PSU, MSU, Mich
Mich @Wis, @ Rutgers, @ILL, @IU (Home) Purdue, OSU, IU, MSU, Wis
Wis @Maryland, @ OSU, @PSU,@ Mich (Home) ILL, Mich, Rutgers, Iowa, Purdue

As of now, I think any team with more than 3 losses is probably not going to be winning or sharing the Big. As fans we can look ahead as long as the players don't! That said, this is what I have and I hope Purdue doesn't wish they could have played Rutgers again. I listed PSU because the small ball has upset potential

Purdue @Michigan, @IU, @Maryland, @Wisconsin (Home) MSU, PSU, Iowa, OSU, IU, ILL
I have us dropping one road game and one home game. For some reason this team seems to play better on the road.

Reactions: Lee3370
I have us dropping one road game and one home game. For some reason this team seems to play better on the road.
I believe that 3 losses win outright and 4 losses share with another team. As long as Purdue doesn't implode they are in pretty good shape...just have to hope for less wrestling matches on the hardwood

I think 16-4 wins outright, for us. I think we lose 3 more games but everyone else loses at least 2 more.

I think 16-4 wins outright, for us. I think we lose 3 more games but everyone else loses at least 2 more.
I would hazard to say that if we were to go 15-5 it might still be an outright title. There are just too many games between everyone. I don't expect any of the current 3-loss teams to only lose 2 the rest of the way. The 2 teams I think pose the biggest threat to Purdue winning the title - talent-wise - are Michigan State and Indiana. And they already each have 4 losses. Maybe Illinois too, but they have 4 as well.

Reactions: Smokestack91
I would hazard to say that if we were to go 15-5 it might still be an outright title. There are just too many games between everyone. I don't expect any of the current 3-loss teams to only lose 2 the rest of the way. The 2 teams I think pose the biggest threat to Purdue winning the title - talent-wise - are Michigan State and Indiana. And they already each have 4 losses. Maybe Illinois too, but they have 4 as well.
Totally agree. I could see Rutgers MAYBE finishing 15-5, but they’ll probably lose one they shouldn’t.

Quick glance at the schedules, I am guessing

Purdue 16-4

Rutgers 13-7

Iowa 12-8

Indiana 12-8

Wisconsin 11-9

Michigan St 11-9

Maryland 11-9

Michigan 10-10

Illinois 10-10

Ohio St 9-11

Northwestern 9-11

Penn St 9-11

could be. I don't see three games Purdue should lose, but I see three games or more Purdue could lose "IF". Michigan I think is huge as we are now entering the time where everyone has their back against the wall. I just hope Rutgers gets an L and Purdue wins at Michigan. That would be putting Purdue in a very nice spot. Purdue owes Michigan and has not fared well over the years up there, but not sure history is always a good predictor. A key I think is the right whistle against IU and MSU more than the other teams...and a Sterling Carter game out of Jenkins at IU.

Purdue 16-4

Rutgers 13-7

Iowa 12-8

Indiana 12-8

Wisconsin 11-9

Michigan St 11-9

Maryland 11-9

Michigan 10-10

Illinois 10-10

Ohio St 9-11

Northwestern 9-11

Penn St 9-11
could be...anything is possible, but if Purdue wins at 16/4 will that put them at a 2 seed in the tourney??? Lot of season left...sickness...injury...some of the more infamous Big refs doing the wrong games...more of the infamous refs doing all the rest of the games...different ball...good looking cheerleaders....

could be...anything is possible, but if Purdue wins at 16/4 will that put them at a 2 seed in the tourney??? Lot of season left...sickness...injury...some of the more infamous Big refs doing the wrong games...more of the infamous refs doing all the rest of the games...different ball...good looking cheerleaders....
I doubt it, unless we lose in the Quarters of the BTT.

Purdue 16-4

Rutgers 13-7

Iowa 12-8

Indiana 12-8

Wisconsin 11-9

Michigan St 11-9

Maryland 11-9

Michigan 10-10

Illinois 10-10

Ohio St 9-11

Northwestern 9-11

Penn St 9-11
I was thinking Wisconsin would win tonight after the NW injuries. They both might be 10-10 now.

I figured we would lose 2 road games coming up plus lay an egg at home for 1 game. 87-88 team was 16-2 so 17-3 is definitely possible.

I figured we would lose 2 road games coming up plus lay an egg at home for 1 game. 87-88 team was 16-2 so 17-3 is definitely possible.
over the years when there was home and home 16-2 would win outright and many times 15-3 was a share, but not always is how I remember, but take that with teh understanding that has been a lot of years on this old mind

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT