ADVERTISEMENT

Best defender

I have to go with Ricky Hall. There are guards who get steals by playing the passing lanes and intercepting the ball. Ricky got steals by getting up in his man's grill and taking the ball away.
I am going to agree. Ricky Hall. Was fun to watch. I went to HS with him at FW Concordia. Quite the scorer at the HS level.

Reactions: Boilermb
62-63-64-Garland-Hughes-Purkhiser-Dawkins-Jones
Garland was a sophomore on the Boilers with Dischinger, McGinley, Berkshire, McQuitty and Dawkins in 61-62. Bill Jones, Hughes and Purkhiser joined the team in 62-63 after Dischinger, McGinley, Berkshire and McQuitty graduated. I recall that Jones only played alternating semesters for the time he was at Purdue. :) The addition of Garland with Dischinger and McGinley was a big improvement that season (61-62). (BTW, I knew that Garland and Dischinger played one season together but I had to look up the other guys. :))

Not only Berkshire from Royal Center but also Phil Wills from Grass Creek both from the Logansport sectional.A few years earlier that sectional gave us Carl McNulty of Washington Twp.

Reactions: nagemj02
Gilliam was sneaky good. But I could never understand why the opposition didn't know he was gonna pin the ball on the board while trailing the fastbreak down the floor.

This will show my age, but I loved Tony Jones. Some of his blocks were amazing.

Kramer, Cardinal and Kenneth were all outstanding in their own ways, but totally different types of defenders.

1. Pretty amazing, isn't it? Royal Center now feeds into Pioneer, Grass Creek is now (I believe) Caston; BOTH are still 1A and both produced major college athletes at the same time. Not sure whom Washington Twp. consolidated into from that Logansport sectional.

1. Pretty amazing, isn't it? Royal Center now feeds into Pioneer, Grass Creek is now (I believe) Caston; BOTH are still 1A and both produced major college athletes at the same time. Not sure whom Washington Twp. consolidated into from that Logansport sectional.
Lewis Cass

ADVERTISEMENT