ADVERTISEMENT

Believe it or not, ESPN still showing us in the tournament.

Always hope the best for the players but the tourney is no longer the issue.

Um. That was a really dumb statement. The tourney is something you ALWAYS want to make if you can. I may not think our recent play reflects that of a tourney team but I'm certainly not going to be upset if we get in.

I'll be disappointed if we get in the tournament. It will just postpone the chance to get to work on the hiring of a new coach, which I think is inevitable; and it will also mean a low seed, making the first game likely to be humiliating.

Reactions: Brya31
Guess you continue to misread what I say TC4three, but it doesn't much matter does it. You've gotten really sensitive about any remark that you think reflects badly on this team despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and that is your right, but I don't diss you or call you dumb so you might be more respectful on this board.
P.S. To stay in character, you might criticize the other two posters here who were more direct than I was.

Reactions: Brya31
Its definitely been a disappointing season for us fans, just as I'm sure it has been for the staff, players, managers, administrators, etc. That being said hoping that this team doesn't make the tourney is misguided in my opinion. Making it in won't really delay the hiring of a new staff much, if at all, if that is the ultimate decision. More importantly there are girls on this team, especially Oden and Harris who have given multiple years of effort and dedication to the program and the university. If for no other reason than them I will always want the best possible outcome and at this point having the opportunity to continue playing (even if they lose in the 1st round) is something that their career efforts have earned.

Last edited:
Agree, fine for the team to make the tourney of course as I said above, but the bigger issue is the future. Sorry I did not say it clearly. A new coach would love to have an NCAA bid the prior year.

Reactions: DocRon
Agree, fine for the team to make the tourney of course as I said above, but the bigger issue is the future. Sorry I did not say it clearly. A new coach would love to have an NCAA bid the prior year.

No problem - I understood what you were saying (I think) - that the ending to this season is somewhat secondary to the long term plans and health of the program, right? I'd just love for these girls to see some sustained success, again especially Oden and Harris. Whatever the record they've given a lot, represented the university well and have my respect for that.

Reactions: DocRon and TC4THREE
Guess you continue to misread what I say TC4three, but it doesn't much matter does it. You've gotten really sensitive about any remark that you think reflects badly on this team despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and that is your right, but I don't diss you or call you dumb so you might be more respectful on this board.
P.S. To stay in character, you might criticize the other two posters here who were more direct than I was.

No. I'm fine with saying this team is playing poorly. I said that myself.

Real fans don't cheer against their team though. There's a name for fans that only cheer for a team when things are going well. And that's exactly what you've revealed yourself to be this season. With others, they revealed themselves to be just that many years ago.

Anyone can insist on being right as much as they want and avoid reality. It’s called self-righteousness. I will continue to post on here, but choose to ignore your baiting.
Boiler up!

Anyone can insist on being right as much as they want and avoid reality. It’s called self-righteousness. I will continue to post on here, but choose to ignore your baiting.
Boiler up!

Feel free to ignore me all you'd like. If you wouldn't have flamed this thread that I started simply to point out that ESPN still had us in the tournament, we would likely not be discussing that right now. You decided you needed to push your agenda about a coaching change in a thread that had nothing to do with that topic and I called you out for doing so. If you can't deal with being wrong, that's fine. But you should certainly look in the mirror before calling anyone else self-righteous.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming/discussion. Purdue still in as an 11 seed as of this morning in ESPN bracketology. Dropped to #46 in women's RPI over the last week. Need to finish with a couple of wins at least in remaining games in my opinion.

Till an 11 seed. I think if they get in Sharon stays like it or not.

ADVERTISEMENT