ADVERTISEMENT

Back door cutting...

Aug 31, 2010
I know we slip the screeners when we had Harms and we do it with Furst and it leads to thunder dunks, but opposing teams love to abuse our guards off the ball trying to wreak havoc with the weave pass above the three point line. At least one or two times a game we give up a pick six on a bad pass or handoff up there and it allows confidence to further ramp up the defensive pressure against us. I would love to see Camden flash up, bringing his guy up with the floor with him and then back door him, Zach seals his defender, and Camden drives and does his best Jon Octeus throw down dunk on whoever is in his way!!! Mackey would need a new roof!!

I know we slip the screeners when we had Harms and we do it with Furst and it leads to thunder dunks, but opposing teams love to abuse our guards off the ball trying to wreak havoc with the weave pass above the three point line. At least one or two times a game we give up a pick six on a bad pass or handoff up there and it allows confidence to further ramp up the defensive pressure against us. I would love to see Camden flash up, bringing his guy up with the floor with him and then back door him, Zach seals his defender, and Camden drives and does his best Jon Octeus throw down dunk on whoever is in his way!!! Mackey would need a new roof!!
IMO back cuts are a rare commodity at Purdue. Less rare, but could possibly be used more as well are back screens. Braden has done a few back screens for Zach, but not much to see otherwise...maybe a screen the screener some. Cam and Myles would be great candidates depending on D being played on them. Combine back cuts and back screens and "some" clear outs for a 1,2 and 3 particularly you can soften the D

I blame some of that on leaving a gap for the D to get a hand in there...as well as the D bounding you out a step too concerning 1-3. It worked well with Haarms since he was screening good shooters and his defender would really hedge out. Purdue abused Villanova with that. Purdue beat IU with a slip from Biggie as well. Slip won't work well if the D is not worried about the screen you appear to be getting ready to set...or just trying to deny you the ball and then it is like a back cut as you know

Reactions: John Hall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT