ADVERTISEMENT

B1G tournament tickets in NYC?

Kly

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2001
Where can I buy them? I don't see anything on the Purdue website and ticketmaster has very few tickets available. Did I miss the Purdue block sale? Thanks.

Where can I buy them? I don't see anything on the Purdue website and ticketmaster has very few tickets available. Did I miss the Purdue block sale? Thanks.
The JPC sent out an e-mail a while ago that December 1 was the priority deadline for ordering B1G tournament tickets thru Purdue.

Thanks. Totally missed it.
My daughter in NYC knows somebody who works at MSG. She was told that there should be no problem finding single session tickets there during the tourney.

Be careful on buying tournament tickets.

Each school is allotted X number of tickets which take up most of the lower level sections. These are tickets for every session of the tournament (and you won't see them on ticket websites until they're mailed to donors).

The Big Ten then sells ALL-session passes on Ticketmaster. Those are currently for sale and include every session of the tournament.

Single session tickets likely won't go on sale because everything is sold as an all-session ticket.

Thus, as you can imagine, the secondary market is flooded with tickets for sessions people don't want to go to. This year, aside from Rutgers, there's not really a "hometown" team. In DC, Maryland would have been a large draw. So the ticket fluctuating won't be as strong - i.e. a session Maryland was playing in would drive up costs for tickets vs. a session Iowa and Minnesota were playing in.

Overall, if you are ONLY interested in seeing Purdue play, it'd probably be a better option to scalp/buy tickets through secondary market. Purdue will play in (likely) at most 3 games. That means you can spend over $100 on a ticket and still spend less than buying an all-session package (unless you want to spend time scalping your tickets).

That being said, one thing to note. The tickets issued to institutions are all paper tickets, not electronic, which can add some additional shipping fees. Being in NYC, pickup options can be more common (assuming the tickets are in NYC...).

One last thing: I know not everyone wants to believe the Big Ten is down, but with some REALLY bad teams (i.e. Wisconsin), some traditionally good traveling fans will not be there in force. I think it'll be relatively easy and cheap to get tickets.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
Be careful on buying tournament tickets.

Each school is allotted X number of tickets which take up most of the lower level sections. These are tickets for every session of the tournament (and you won't see them on ticket websites until they're mailed to donors).
A further problem with going thru Purdue is that tourney tickets were allocated based on the JPC priority point system. And those all session tickets that you had to buy were $600+.

A further problem with going thru Purdue is that tourney tickets were allocated based on the JPC priority point system. And those all session tickets that you had to buy were $600+.

Well, the schools get the best tickets (all lower level). They rotate the school's section location - last year, Purdue was behind the basket so hopefully Purdue will have better seats this year not behind the baskets. In the past, teams that haven't sold their tickets have sold them to teams with more demand - not sure Purdue would take those offers (I'm guessing they had more demand than supply).hey like to make things difficult (remember at the NCAA Tournament in Chicago when they turned down additional tickets...sigh).

Well, the schools get the best tickets (all lower level). They rotate the school's section location - last year, Purdue was behind the basket so hopefully Purdue will have better seats this year not behind the baskets. In the past, teams that haven't sold their tickets have sold them to teams with more demand - not sure Purdue would take those offers (I'm guessing they had more demand than supply).hey like to make things difficult (remember at the NCAA Tournament in Chicago when they turned down additional tickets...sigh).
Also, not all of Purdue's ticket allotment would have been available to fans. Some would be set aside for the official travel party, some for players' families, and some for students.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT