ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championship odds update

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
I'm a little surprised Iowa is so much better odds than Purdue considering we have the easier road, but here it is:

Ohio St -305
Michigan +250
Iowa +2000
Minnesota +3300
Purdue +3300
Illinois +4000

Is that due to Iowa having better odds of making it there or better odds against UM/OSU?

Also, Minnesota???

Is that due to Iowa having better odds of making it there or better odds against UM/OSU?

Also, Minnesota???
Hard to say. Iowa is in line to make it in more of the million scenarios, even though Purdue's scenarios are more likely. Minnesota seems to need more help so I'm surprised they're not behind us. Illinois makes sense because it would be near impossible if they don't beat Michigan.

I would say there might be some logic to Iowa having a better chance against O$U/Michigan because of their defense. Slight though.

As far as winning it all, I believe Iowa would keep the score lower. And in a lower scoring game, the lesser team has a better chance of winning. Purdue has little chance of winning a shoot out against either mich or OSU. The game will not be played at Purdue and Purdue does not have a special fan to play for to get their emotions to a frenzy against OSU this time! You have to realize the last time Purdue beat OSU, there was a huge emotional factor that helped Purdue win! Take away that emotional factor and the game would have played out a lot differently! Purdue played their hearts out for one special fan. That emotional high is not likely to happen anytime soon. The casual fan looks at the score and sees the win! He has no memory of the circumstances, environment or outside factors that were also in play that day! It was sort of like New Orleans Saints playing after Katrina. You knew whoever they played, they were going to win!

Last edited:
As far as winning it all, I believe Iowa would keep the score lower. And in a lower scoring game, the lesser team has a better chance of winning. Purdue has little chance of winning a shoot out against either mich or OSU. The game will not be played at Purdue and Purdue does not have a special fan to play for to get their emotions to a frenzy against OSU this time! You have to realize the last time Purdue beat OSU, there was a huge emotional factor that helped Purdue win! Take away that emotional factor and the game would have played out a lot differently! Purdue played their hearts out for one special fan. That emotional high is not likely to happen anytime soon. The casual fan looks at the score and sees the win! He has no memory of the circumstances, environment or outside factors that were also in play that day! It was sort of like New Orleans Saints playing after Katrina. You knew whoever they played, they were going to win!
Yeah cuz we never played OSU tough before that one time.

Iowa has the clearer path. Their games may be more difficult but Illinois is almost guaranteed to lose.

Purdue has 2 games as easy as they get in the B1G, but needs Iowa to lose.

Maybe there is more exposure to Iowa as well.

Reactions: pboiler18

Fared better against Michigan, although it was at home. If I was forced to plunk down a wager, I'd say it would be Iowa v. Ohio State, with the Buckeyes winning again in less than a rout.

Full disclaimer - it would be a Boilerepherine-induced wager.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401405100

Was listening to Sean Salisbury yesterday morning in Houston and they were discussing CFB playoff scenarios. Brought up Michigan/OSU and that the loser may still be able to get in. Gave Purdue no chance whatsoever in the B1G championship.

Thinking about it, should Purdue win the B1G championship game they would conceivably be knocking out 2 B1G teams from the playoffs which would be the ultimate Spoilermaker Special.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT