ADVERTISEMENT

At the game yesterday

FLAG HUNTER

Junior
Oct 2, 2014
Just wanted to say, being at the game yesterday was a great time! Seeing the players from the 3 teams in 94, 95, 96, Keady's speech, Conzo on the screen, Purdue playing well except for the turnovers, watching the good offensive players Nebraska has, and getting one of the rings they gave out, a really great time!! Always proud to be a Boilermaker!

Reactions: Dan'l Boone
Just wanted to say, being at the game yesterday was a great time! Seeing the players from the 3 teams in 94, 95, 96, Keady's speech, Conzo on the screen, Purdue playing well except for the turnovers, watching the good offensive players Nebraska has, and getting one of the rings they gave out, a really great time!! Always proud to be a Boilermaker!
I enjoyed both Zo and Webers comments. Wished more players would have been there and always good to see Frank involved...

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

Anyone else note the magnitude of Painter's voice during Zo's message? It was pretty easy to hear from the upper reaches of section 111.

no please enlighten us

I'd have to check my recording, but I think Zo's message came during a Nebraska run in the 2nd half. While I couldn't identify specifics, it was clear that Painter was not pleased with our defense. I'm sure those who sit closer to the bench take note of this on a more regular basis, but Zo's message provided a rare moment of quiet in Mackey during a timeout.

I found it noteworthy given some of the comments in another thread about Painter lacking passion, a ridiculous assertion imo.

I'd have to check my recording, but I think Zo's message came during a Nebraska run in the 2nd half. While I couldn't identify specifics, it was clear that Painter was not pleased with our defense. I'm sure those who sit closer to the bench take note of this on a more regular basis, but Zo's message provided a rare moment of quiet in Mackey during a timeout.

I found it noteworthy given some of the comments in another thread about Painter lacking passion, a ridiculous assertion imo.
I thought yesterday Matt had a lot of passion...and I loved Zo's going to war comments!

they gave out rings to fans? didnt see that, but we were there a little later than usual

I was there as well. Couple of observations:

1) That may be the most competitively engaged I have ever seen AJ.
2) Ray still doesn't look right physically but he's adjusting his game. He is still dangerous in transition and looked confident from 3. But his first step is gone.
3) The replica rings were surprisingly good quality.
4) Todd Foster needs a fashion coach.

I was there as well. Couple of observations:

1) That may be the most competitively engaged I have ever seen AJ.
2) Ray still doesn't look right physically but he's adjusting his game. He is still dangerous in transition and looked confident from 3. But his first step is gone.
3) The replica rings were surprisingly good quality.
4) Todd Foster needs a fashion coach.
Todd is an old rodeo guy, but yeah very casual...same with Chad. Rings were better than expected. Shoot, maybe you were close to me in line...I'm guessing maybe 100 or so in front of me...

Reactions: boiler62
I love Todd's long sleeve Gene Keady autographed "Play Hard" T shirt. I want one
wish Watson would have chose us.

download

yeah I thought Watson looked like a really good player, and Shields is hard to stop , glad he is a senior

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT