ADVERTISEMENT

ASU FB under investigation recruiting violations

Those don’t appear egregious

wonder if mbow was involved

did you guys read the story on USA Today the other day about abuses that went on up at UM while Bo was the coach?
I suspect a lot more of that stuff used to happen at a lot of schools. Recruiting back then was way less regulated so there were many fewer recruiting violations...but abuse of players - I'm willing to bet - was MUCH higher than it is today. Even relatively recent people fans were willing to make excuses for winning coaches (Knight at IU, Leach at Texas Tech, etc.).

I suspect a lot more of that stuff used to happen at a lot of schools. Recruiting back then was way less regulated so there were many fewer recruiting violations...but abuse of players - I'm willing to bet - was MUCH higher than it is today. Even relatively recent people fans were willing to make excuses for winning coaches (Knight at IU, Leach at Texas Tech, etc.).
That's a major human flaw ... people who achieve positions of power all-too-often abuse that power.

Numerous Presidents (Kennedy, Clinton, et al)
Hollywood influencers (Harvey Weinstein, et al)
Actors/actresses (too many to name)
Corporate "leaders" (again, too many to name)
Successful coaches, administrators, etc.

Reactions: Sophie1970
ASU and Herm Edwards will NOT receive much if any penalties. Reading the article it seemed as though it is business as usual…move along mentality. They’ll self sanction and get a rubber stamp by the NCAA oversight committee.

That's a major human flaw ... people who achieve positions of power all-too-often abuse that power.

Numerous Presidents (Kennedy, Clinton, et al)
Hollywood influencers (Harvey Weinstein, et al)
Actors/actresses (too many to name)
Corporate "leaders" (again, too many to name)
Successful coaches, administrators, etc.
Ya left off the worst Presidential abuser of power…trump!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT