ADVERTISEMENT

Assuming Sindelar comes back for his 6th year...

Aug 26, 2010
Should he even start? Maybe it's just me, but his decision making is suspect (especially for a senior) not too mention he's injury prone . Should we just continue the youth movement and ride with Plummer and his sophomore WRs next year?

Should he even start? Maybe it's just me, but his decision making is suspect (especially for a senior) not too mention he's injury prone . Should we just continue the youth movement and ride with Plummer and his sophomore WRs next year?

I'm a big Sindelar fan. But after seeing the way Plummer is handling things this year, he's the future.

That will be up to Brohm to figure out. He always liked Sindelar.

We need to go with Plummer from here on out. I thank Sindelar for everything he had done and given this program, but he needs to just finish his degree and forget about football. Even if there was any interest in him in the NFL, my guess would be the injury issues would shy most if not all teams away.

It's an interesting potential conundrum. If he wants to return for a 6th year, no one could possibly tell him no. I'm sure CJB would not. Also, while this was certainly a coming-of-age for Plummer, it was one game against a horrible defense. I'd pump the brakes just a bit while drinking my Kool-Aid. The handwriting is on the wall, but it's not in permanent marker yet.

Considering he's probably graduated already or will soon, it may be in his best interest to grad transfer. Except that the best graduate program would likely be Purdue. Weird situation.

I am reminded of Henry! He was beaten out at QB but wanted to remain a part of the team, so he switched to dB. He wasn’t great, but he was the ultimate team player!

I doubt he comes back. Too injury prone. He might get invited by an NFL team because he does have a very strong arm.

Reactions: Raynman92
Funny how things change after Plummer has a good game. I know people wanted Plummer before but got quite after slow start. Next few weeks will tell all.

Funny how things change after Plummer has a good game. I know people wanted Plummer before but got quite after slow start. Next few weeks will tell all.

Plummer can run, which opens some things up. This was against a bad defense, but the numbers were still impressive.

I wish Sindelar had an injury free career, but he didn't. Jack Plummer is writing his own ticket now. Coach will know what to do either way. If Plummer continues on like he did today then Sindelar won't return.

I wish Sindelar had an injury free career, but he didn't. Jack Plummer is writing his own ticket now. Coach will know what to do either way. If Plummer continues on like he did today then Sindelar won't return.
I saw Sindelar in HS before the first knee injury. If that was the Sindelar that has played for us he would have rewritten some Boiler records. We've only seen glimpses of what could have been.

Not diminishing what Plummer did today - he was great. I do believe that Sindelar would've put up similar numbers against today's opponent though.

If Sindelar wants to come back and compete I'd certainly welcome that. I do think, though, that Coach Brohm would treat the situation as a competition, and(in my opinion) if they're close to equal that the QB with multiple remaining years of eligibility would get the nod.

I wish nothing but the best for Elijah Sindelar. I applaud him for getting his Engineering degree and thank him for being a great ambassador for Purdue. A class act on and off the field. But is time to move on.

I second this. Why would we not want a leader and great person to be around the program another year?
I’ll third this. We haven’t made it through a season with just one starting QB in awhile. Why not have a competition and let the chips fall where they land. Every team can use a seasoned veteran at QB, even if he’s just a backup.

That being said, if they’re even close to being equal I’d give the nod to Plummer since he’s our future.

Reactions: SKYDOG
It’s Plummer’s job to lose but I’d take Sindelar back in a nanosecond. Great arm, knows the offense, super high character guy. We know he won’t poison the well if he was willing to be a backup. Hard to keep QB’s healthy all year, why not have a great one in the wings. I support Sindelar in whatever he chooses, he’s earned a ton of respect, IMO.

If Sindelar comes back, he needs to think about mentoring the younger guys. What I meant by giving football up, was stop playing. He is a smart man, knows the offense very well, and is a leader in the locker room. The young guys could learn a lot from him, not only the QBs, but also the Receivers, since he knows what routes should be run. He could stay on as a graduate assistant.

He should not come back.Plummer is progressing .He is gaining confidence.Sindelar is not reliable because he is too injury prone.

Sindelar would make a tremendous grad assistant. I heard he still has 2 semesters left to finish his degree for December 2020. He could assist with our younger QB and receivers. I realize his future is not coaching. But he’s a great person and could handle the additional workload

Sindelar would make a tremendous grad assistant. I heard he still has 2 semesters left to finish his degree for December 2020. He could assist with our younger QB and receivers. I realize his future is not coaching. But he’s a great person and could handle the additional workload

His MS in ECE. Received his BSEE in May 2019

Why are you assuming that

The way our QB’s have been getting hurt the past three seasons I would welcome him back if the NFL tells him he is not ready!

He proved even at points last week that when he had time he could read a defense and deliver an accurate ball.

Excited to watch him develop over the next 6 weeks
You hit the two things that matter most to me. He is making consistently good decisions and his accuracy was excellent even on a windy day.

but his decision making is suspect
No it isn't. Not even close. Stop with this ridiculous crap. ES was essentially leading the nation in passing yards before he was hurt and you don't do that if you're decision making is suspect.

Where do you debbie downers even come up with this garbage? Do you have a hat or flash cards you use to pull lines from?

No it isn't. Not even close. Stop with this ridiculous crap. ES was essentially leading the nation in passing yards before he was hurt and you don't do that if you're decision making is suspect.

Where do you debbie downers even come up with this garbage? Do you have a hat or flash cardou use to pull lines from?
I have to agree here. Totally more than anything due to the fact that he had absolutely no time to throw the ball and was making decisions that were turning into national leading statistics. Who would not welcome him back for a 60 year for his leader ship and his overall ability to bring six years of high-end quarterback play to a team that needs leadership/experience for so many young players? Who would not want the return of a player to their program who played with a torn ACL and carry the team to a bowl game? Who would not want that for their young players to understand how winners win, how they find away?

It's an interesting potential conundrum. If he wants to return for a 6th year, no one could possibly tell him no. I'm sure CJB would not. Also, while this was certainly a coming-of-age for Plummer, it was one game against a horrible defense. I'd pump the brakes just a bit while drinking my Kool-Aid. The handwriting is on the wall, but it's not in permanent marker yet.

Considering he's probably graduated already or will soon, it may be in his best interest to grad transfer. Except that the best graduate program would likely be Purdue. Weird situation.
Great post. Especially with your assessment of Plummer. I like him and he most certainly is our future, but give ES a solid offensive line and he can rip teams apart.

Great post. Especially with your assessment of Plummer. I like him and he most certainly is our future, but give ES a solid offensive line and he can rip teams apart.
If given a solid line, he probably rewrites all of the Big Ten records. Certainly he would be welcome back it would throw a wrench into things with quarterbacks on the roster with several most likely transferring. But you do what’s best for the program when you’re the coach obviously. But they would have to be a very solid line to block for him otherwise it’s just going to be a repeat of this year which no one can have next year. Everything has to be “ready to go” next year

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
ADVERTISEMENT