ADVERTISEMENT

As the spin begins.

What decisions would trump be making that would lower the price of fuel?
Come on Bob.

So if I said this was not Biden's fault entirely you think I would have civil responses. Lol please, that would have been carnage from the start 😂

If you come at people with balance of the truth.....of both causes....
1. Gov't has made all the wrong moves and shelters part of the blame.
2. Then add the part about Corporate blame I would hope that would be recieved well.

But coming heavy handed on 1 OR 2 without mentioning the other....sure, one side or the other will chew on you for that. LOL

People want the corporate side to quickly lower prices based on their costs being lower....never happens, from meat, corn to gas. Never has in any product. Always a longer lag.

Part of that is profits, but part of that is anticipation & planning with possible unknown future expenses.

The Gov't sure isn't helping that anticipation & planning either when it comes to regulations of a whole host of a myrid of Gov't agencies.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Come on Bob.
So .....you got nothing. Just repeat the same stuff with no facts.

Reactions: Boiler_HD
2. Then add the part about Corporate blame I would hope that would be recieved well.

But coming heavy handed on 1 OR 2 without mentioning the other....sure, one side or the other will chew on you for that. LOL

People want the corporate side to quickly lower prices based on their costs being lower....never happens, from meat, corn to gas. Never has in any product. Always a longer lag.

Part of that is profits, but part of that is anticipation & planning with possible unknown future expenses.

The Gov't sure isn't helping that anticipation & planning either when it comes to regulations of a whole host of a myrid of Gov't agencies.

I agree with you on all of this, and stated mostly the same in my other posts. So many factors are in play here, and I am certain no one here is qualified to speak on all of them. We will just have to wait and see if/when the prices fall. If they do not, some who can not afford the increase may have to adjust how they use the resource, whether this is public transit, carpooling, etc.

I believe big oil is also concerned about another Covid outbreak and taking that into consideration.......which is a fair position imo.

Future considerations for a move to green energy......not so much.......as it is still a long way off, despite what the dems say.

What decisions would trump be making that would lower the price of fuel?
based upon the pace for the shots, who knows how quickly the pipeline would be completed...and the reserve not already used...or the truckers not trucking due to forced shots for supply chain? We can speculate on timing and such but that projection was already proven inaccurate due to the shot timing. Course the lack of knowing what was coming across the southern border would have been eliminated and more focus could happen on other things of importance like getting on the pipeline in case costs went up. Where would we find out the real timing or issues...social media? ;) Today we try to make mental illness the norm from the outlets that "some" people go to for their talking points. Some of us are old enough to remember Jimmy Carter's misery index a prefiguration to Mr Dementia and how quickly things started to turn around with Reagan...whether the Iranian hostage crisis or the economy in general. This is perhaps the most incompetent bunch of idiots known through the history of man on any continent...and yet there were 81 million votes recorded. Still, the fuel is but one problem area. Maybe we should just invest in the lithium mines in China to stay up with inflation? Being older doesn't make someone wiser, but being younger doesn't allow wisdom due to the inexperience. There are things we know. There are things we know, we don't know. However, it is the things we don't know that we don't know that bites us later when we do know. Exhibit A just recently of the media...credit given to George Orwell for advanced notice of what many didn't see...

Reactions: BSIT
So .....you got nothing. Just repeat the same stuff with no facts.
An 8 page thread Bob with some pretty detailed explanation of what is going on.
I guess it's nothing only to those who are blind to facts or can't understand the English language.

Gas prices are going up and inflation is affecting virtually everything we buy and what's the message we get from the WH? Biden has gone on record saying that it's not his fault. He's calling it "Putin's Price Hike".

To make sure everyone knows it's not Biden's fault, he's had Jen Psaki tell us about "Putin's Price Hike".

Taking it to the next level, the WH invited a lot of teenage influencers on Tic Tok to a meeting and now they're spreading the word about "Putin's Price Hike" on social media.

Over the last couple days I've heard repeatedly from the MSM about "Putin's Price Hike"

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe this is called propaganda or indoctrination. It doesn't just happen in Russia and China.
Have you ever thought about getting your news from sources other than Newsmax and Fox?

based upon the pace for the shots, who knows how quickly the pipeline would be completed...and the reserve not already used...or the truckers not trucking due to forced shots for supply chain? We can speculate on timing and such but that projection was already proven inaccurate due to the shot timing. Course the lack of knowing what was coming across the southern border would have been eliminated and more focus could happen on other things of importance like getting on the pipeline in case costs went up. Where would we find out the real timing or issues...social media? ;) Today we try to make mental illness the norm from the outlets that "some" people go to for their talking points. Some of us are old enough to remember Jimmy Carter's misery index a prefiguration to Mr Dementia and how quickly things started to turn around with Reagan...whether the Iranian hostage crisis or the economy in general. This is perhaps the most incompetent bunch of idiots known through the history of man on any continent...and yet there were 81 million votes recorded. Still, the fuel is but one problem area. Maybe we should just invest in the lithium mines in China to stay up with inflation? Being older doesn't make someone wiser, but being younger doesn't allow wisdom due to the inexperience. There are things we know. There are things we know, we don't know. However, it is the things we don't know that we don't know that bites us later when we do know. Exhibit A just recently of the media...credit given to George Orwell for advanced notice of what many didn't see...

I think it would be obvious Trump would have not shut down ANWAR and Keystone and I know they may not have been producing yet but we'd be a lot closer. It's like I said on a previous post the Biden logic of "it wouldn't make a difference if he hadn't shut these projects down because they were a few years from producing" is equivalent of telling a Purdue freshman to drop out because it'll be 3 years until you graduate so there is no benefit to you now.

It's about being proactive and not reactive. The most obvious thing Trump would have done to keep gas lower was keep his policies that prevented Russia from invading to begin with

I think it would be obvious Trump would have not shut down ANWAR and Keystone and I know they may not have been producing yet but we'd be a lot closer. It's like I said on a previous post the Biden logic of "it wouldn't make a difference if he hadn't shut these projects down because they were a few years from producing" is equivalent of telling a Purdue freshman to drop out because it'll be 3 years until you graduate so there is no benefit to you now.

It's about being proactive and not reactive. The most obvious thing Trump would have done to keep gas lower was keep his policies that prevented Russia from invading to begin with
I would not begin to suggest there is any evidence the pipeline wouldn't be finished. How in the world would a person come up with some long duration...inquire to MSNBC, CNN, the View, Facebook, or Twitter or any other dumbing down outlet to tell people what to feel and then memorize.

We know the ramped up industry in WW2, the rapid pace for the shot to counter the Chinese virus and gain of function Fauci knew and promoted ,as well as the ventilator production in the GM plant that started sending to warehouses all the extra ventilators produced and not needed (after a couple of months)...even with the extensive manual, tedious assembly performed. Few if any talking heads have actually lived in the real world.

Reactions: BSIT
No equation was given, but it's certainly not as simple as I suggested, taxes come into play here as well. The difference in price between my San Diego gas and your Indiana gas is almost all in state and local taxes. I don't know for certain and don't care to look but I would imagine it is partially locals taxes and population that's factors into Marion and Ft Wayne differences. And I'm making better money under Joe than I did Donald. But I can tell you it's not bc of either of those idiots in office. And I enjoy a down market as it means buying time.
I've lost under Joe where I did very well under DJT. Biden and his cronies want to control us all and will do anything to get it accomplished

Reactions: Crayfish57
I've mitigated some potential losses under Biden, but you are correct, the market is down under this administration.
Just for clarity, which market are you referring to? Because since 1/20/20, the DJIA is up about 17%, S&P up about 32%, and Nasdaq up about 45%. Or by "down," do you just mean that it would be doing better under a different administration?

based upon the pace for the shots, who knows how quickly the pipeline would be completed...and the reserve not already used...or the truckers not trucking due to forced shots for supply chain? We can speculate on timing and such but that projection was already proven inaccurate due to the shot timing. Course the lack of knowing what was coming across the southern border would have been eliminated and more focus could happen on other things of importance like getting on the pipeline in case costs went up. Where would we find out the real timing or issues...social media? ;) Today we try to make mental illness the norm from the outlets that "some" people go to for their talking points. Some of us are old enough to remember Jimmy Carter's misery index a prefiguration to Mr Dementia and how quickly things started to turn around with Reagan...whether the Iranian hostage crisis or the economy in general. This i the most incompetent bunch of idiots known through the history of man on any continent...and yet there were 81 million votes recorded. Still, the fuel is but one problem area. Maybe we should just invest in the lithium mines in China to stay up with inflation? Being older doesn't make someone wiser, but being younger doesn't allow wisdom due to the inexperience. There are things we know. There are things we know, we don't know. However, it is the things we don't know that we don't know that bites us later when we do know. Exhibit A just recently of the media...credit given to George Orwell for advanced notice of what many didn't see...

So you choose not to answer the question.......and proceed to pontificate about grievances from the border to Jimmy Carter to a transgender woman of the year.

I'm not as old as you but I kinda get the bitter old man shit, ranting about everything changing......and how everything has always been rosey under the pubs and falling apart under the Dems.

Trucker vaccinations? They're currently driving in circles around the nations capital wasting fuel.........while bitching about the cost of fuel. Makes sense.

You mean the supply chain problems are all because of trucking, not the fact that many industries effectively shut down for months last year.

You don't want to answer the question, just don't reply. Nobody is saying you have to.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Just for clarity, which market are you referring to? Because since 1/20/20, the DJIA is up about 17%, S&P up about 32%, and Nasdaq up about 45%. Or by "down," do you just mean that it would be doing better under a different administration?

I guess I'm just referencing that everyone I talk to say their investments are down, mine haven't been hit the same. I have relatively static positions and let my financial advisor deal with my investments. I'm not the one you should be replying to, I am not complaining nor claiming I have been hurt by the market.

An 8 page thread Bob with some pretty detailed explanation of what is going on.
I guess it's nothing only to those who are blind to facts or can't understand the English language.
I'm aware of the thread, I posted in it.

So your answer is Keystone? That's about the only thing mentioned as an argument for lowering gas prices from those on the right. Oh, and energy independence......from people who think that means we don't have to import oil........and that our government is control of oil production.

I guess I'm just referencing that everyone I talk to say their investments are down, mine haven't been hit the same. I have relatively static positions and let my financial advisor deal with my investments. I'm not the one you should be replying to, I am not complaining nor claiming I have been hurt by the market.
Fair enough. I'll own an error, too, since I should've looked up the numbers from 1/20/21, not from 1/20/20. They're still up over that time (Nasdaq mostly the same due to the recent correction), but not as much as my previous post.

Reactions: Boiler_HD
So you choose not to answer the question.......and proceed to pontificate about grievances from the border to Jimmy Carter to a transgender woman of the year.

I'm not as old as you but I kinda get the bitter old man shit, ranting about everything changing......and how everything has always been rosey under the pubs and falling apart under the Dems.

Trucker vaccinations? They're currently driving in circles around the nations capital wasting fuel.........while bitching about the cost of fuel. Makes sense.

You mean the supply chain problems are all because of trucking, not the fact that many industries effectively shut down for months last year.

You don't want to answer the question, just don't reply. Nobody is saying you have to.
ugh, it's kinda obvious or should have been...Trump would cut through the red tape and make it a priority knowing it could get done quickly as I previously indicated in three examples. Instead mr dementia is worried about "gender" (remember the science?), intersectionality in general. I mean he has already ruined some black womans accomplishments whatever they are by implying he was seeking those qualifications for SCOTUS rather than just finding one and then debating the qualifications. The bitter old man bit is about stupidy. Imagine voting for this cast of misfits due to mean tweets or some other misguided feeling.

Go for it and tell me what Mr dementia has made better. I remember months before the vote a few of us pointed out even further decline in his mental abilities that had no room for decline to start with.

Tell me...is the military better, has there been an improvement in stopping illegals coming over the southern border, is teh future tax rates to take care of this influx going to be lower? Have the smaller companies expanded or went out of business? Are there more people working? Instead, wokeness is the priority and yet anyone with a brain knows the logical conclusion is the individual. So yeah, things were a hell of a lot better prior to this person that makes Jimmy Carter and his brilliant brother Billy Mensa comparisons...even if the misery index applies to both.

You further missed the vacination status due to overreach by the blob as to the reason why the protests...not just here, but in other places across the globe. Seems they are about the only group that has decided not to stand on the sideline where some others bend over and ask for another. Instead you talked about their protest absent looting and destruction... you had no issue based upon your voting. The fuel costs are about why some truckers are NOT taking on jobs ...because some brokers have not included the increase of fuel into the bids. Two different items that confused you or at least were confused in your response. I already type enough and breaking things down by piecemeal would be even more tedious.

Lastly, you talk about shutdowns...what party leadership continued this as far as it could be drug out?

My son-in-law (senior V.P.) has a doctorate (biological statistics) and a couple of MS degrees (math, etc) and I must tell you there are a lot of things he doesn't know. That is not meant as an insult, because having a mile deep of knowledge in a narrow field of study may not have any, or very little relative knowlege in another domain. In his general field, he has and is making a LOT of money...because that area of study is paying well.

One of the biggest fallacies is a belief that a person with knowledge and "expertise" in one area somehow has expertise in another or that any single entity does as well. This is fairly common for those that have an "unconstrained vision" and in direct opposition to those that have a "constrained vision" understanding that no entity has all the knowledge of the fallout that is slowly gained through an evolutionary process. We do not have to look far to see the devastation in all of life due to the virus from China...that didn't need to create as much destruction as it did.

You should understand that not everyone is in his or her thirties starting to experience life. Many people retired have a fixed income and inflation is a tax upon their available money. Actually, inflation reduces the value of their money for all they buy. Those on social security had no choice but to have their money stolen from them and used over their lifetime growing for their payout at around 3% all those years by the blob...that is if they lived long enough to get part of it back. Fuel today as compared to a couple of years ago is much higher than it was under Trump and what would be today if Trump were still making the decisions. Diesel fuel is over $5 a gallon and the semis may be getting 5-7 mile/gallon. Still ,inflation reminiscent of the Jimmy Carter days before your time, but during the lives of many here, has been experienced before...and as bad as it is...will hopefully get better. Other phuckups will be with us for a long time...actually will only be with you and those much younger since many of us will have checked out
Relating to inflation, I was in the Navy and transferred from Maine to Jacksonville, FL in Jan 1980. I bought a house and when I closed on it in March, the mortgage interest rate was 14.4%. That I didn't like, but I was impressed that I was making 18% on a money market account. Fortunately, interest rates eventually came down and I managed to refinance my mortgage three times in 3 years.

It may sound crazy in this interest rate environment, but I felt like I won the Lotto, when I got my mortgage down to 8.9%. Ahh, the good old days...LOL

Reactions: BSIT and tjreese
I believe big oil is also concerned about another Covid outbreak and taking that into consideration.......which is a fair position imo.

Future considerations for a move to green energy......not so much.......as it is still a long way off, despite what the dems say.
Come on Bob....you've worn out that it's Trump's fault so now you're bringing up covid again? Guy, there's like what.....14 new cases a day? It's over....run it's gamut. Please give it up....you're embarrassing your kids.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Relating to inflation, I was in the Navy and transferred from Maine to Jacksonville, FL in Jan 1980. I bought a house and when I closed on it in March, the mortgage interest rate was 14.4%. That I didn't like, but I was impressed that I was making 18% on a money market account. Fortunately, interest rates eventually came down and I managed to refinance my mortgage three times in 3 years.

It may sound crazy in this interest rate environment, but I felt like I won the Lotto, when I got my mortgage down to 8.9%. Ahh, the good old days...LOL
A lot of my early years were between 9 and 10.5%

Reactions: BoilerMadness
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT