ADVERTISEMENT

As the spin begins.

BoilerMadness

All-American
Jul 7, 2004
Gas prices are going up and inflation is affecting virtually everything we buy and what's the message we get from the WH? Biden has gone on record saying that it's not his fault. He's calling it "Putin's Price Hike".

To make sure everyone knows it's not Biden's fault, he's had Jen Psaki tell us about "Putin's Price Hike".

Taking it to the next level, the WH invited a lot of teenage influencers on Tic Tok to a meeting and now they're spreading the word about "Putin's Price Hike" on social media.

Over the last couple days I've heard repeatedly from the MSM about "Putin's Price Hike"

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe this is called propaganda or indoctrination. It doesn't just happen in Russia and China.

Gas prices are going up and inflation is affecting virtually everything we buy and what's the message we get from the WH? Biden has gone on record saying that it's not his fault. He's calling it "Putin's Price Hike".

To make sure everyone knows it's not Biden's fault, he's had Jen Psaki tell us about "Putin's Price Hike".

Taking it to the next level, the WH invited a lot of teenage influencers on Tic Tok to a meeting and now they're spreading the word about "Putin's Price Hike" on social media.

Over the last couple days I've heard repeatedly from the MSM about "Putin's Price Hike"

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe this is called propaganda or indoctrination. It doesn't just happen in Russia and China.
And don't forget, increasing domestic production won't solve the price hike but electric cars and school buses will. Tic

If people can't afford inflation and gas prices they should just get a better job right? That's what the right tells people working minimum wage jobs when they can't afford housing, groceries, etc.

Blame Biden, that's fine but you can only blame your own laziness for not increasing your yearly income. So get to it. Instead of complaining, cut out unnecessary expenses, start looking on indeed for the next big raise.

If people can't afford inflation and gas prices they should just get a better job right? That's what the right tells people working minimum wage jobs when they can't afford housing, groceries, etc.

Blame Biden, that's fine but you can only blame your own laziness for not increasing your yearly income. So get to it. Instead of complaining, cut out unnecessary expenses, start looking on indeed for the next big raise.
You could start looking for a brain online and actually understand something vs posting that drivel

You could start looking for a brain online and actually understand something vs posting that drivel

They sell brains online? Honestly though my brain was just barely functional enough to earn me my M.Sc in Biomedical Engineering from Purdue. Additionally I do understand the costs associated with inflation and rise in gas prices (live and own a home in San Diego). I'm sure with your infinite knowledge and free time you could educate me on all these things my non existent brain lacks understanding of.

They sell brains online? Honestly though my brain was just barely functional enough to earn me my M.Sc in Biomedical Engineering from Purdue. Additionally I do understand the costs associated with inflation and rise in gas prices (live and own a home in San Diego). I'm sure with your infinite knowledge and free time you could educate me on all these things my non existent brain lacks understanding of.
OH, wow an new liberal internet tough guy! Why are all of you guys all so testy? I got under your skin with one response.

Or we could increase domestic oil production. This way the folks on minimum wage can afford to fill up their tank and not have to buy expensive electric cars they cant afford.
I mean that would be nice, but we know that even with increase in oil production corporations are not just going to lower prices proportionally. Or even at all. They are making their bags of money because we rely to heavily on gas powered transportation and lack in good forms of public transit. Additional factors come into play, but profit of private companies is always at the forefront.

OH, wow an new liberal internet tough guy! Why are all of you guys all so testy? I got under your skin with one response.
lol you asked me to find a brain? I didn't even move to insulting your intelligence like you did mine. So seems you were the one that was testy? And as far as internet tough guy, also did not threaten you in any way. The more I think about it, this must be a copy and paste response when you have nothing to add.

I mean that would be nice, but we know that even with increase in oil production corporations are not just going to lower prices proportionally. Or even at all. They are making their bags of money because we rely to heavily on gas powered transportation and lack in good forms of public transit. Additional factors come into play, but profit of private companies is always at the forefront.
Or the flip side is Government overreach which is contributing to inflation. Trillions of dollars pumped into the system will cause inflation along with restrictions on domestic oil production. A nasty combination

Or the flip side is Government overreach which is contributing to inflation. Trillions of dollars pumped into the system will cause inflation along with restrictions on domestic oil production. A nasty combination

I don't debate that government has some effect on the price of oil and gas, but how do we quantify that? We can see the prices per barrel of oil and the prices of gas. Why are these not directly correlated? Bc profit is king. There is a risk portion that must be taken into account but you can't put the entire blame on the government.

I don't debate that government has some effect on the price of oil and gas, but how do we quantify that? We can see the prices per barrel of oil and the prices of gas. Why are these not directly correlated? Bc profit is king. There is a risk portion that must be taken into account but you can't put the entire blame on the government.
Oil companies are an easy target when inflation raises its ugly head. However they were struggling until recently. The Big Oil's stock prices suffered until recently as a result. Profit should be king otherwise companies go out of business. Oil companies require a ton of cash in order to fund capital investment. If you look at their gross margin, it's not very high.

I just hope our government doesn't resort to price controls. This will produce the opposite results than intended. Venezuela used to be one of the most prosperous countries and a lot of this prosperity was derived from oil. Now since government took over, it's struggling big time.

Last edited:
Do you understand how supply and demand and it’s relationship to pricing works?

And when the Dem's lose the House and Senate this fall.....It'll be Putin's fault. Builder Bob and his Leftist cronies are going to lose their minds.

Do you currently work in Biomedical Engineering or Health Care? The profit margins in these industries appear to be historically higher than the energy industry. The oil industry actually had a negative profit margin until recently

So by your equation, Fort Wayne gas stations care less about profits than do stations in Marion, Indiana, since gas in Ft Wayne is $4.14 a gallon while in Marion it is $4.25 per. And how do you explain that under Trump with his "For America" thought process, gas was flowing and under $2.00. Oh wait, the wells were flowing, most were working and making good money, the economic growth was at record highs. That's why, under Joe you can blame the government. Only thing that changed was the one sitting behind the desk in the oval office.

So by your equation, Fort Wayne gas stations care less about profits than do stations in Marion, Indiana, since gas in Ft Wayne is $4.14 a gallon while in Marion it is $4.25 per. And how do you explain that under Trump with his "For America" thought process, gas was flowing and under $2.00. Oh wait, the wells were flowing, most were working and making good money, the economic growth was at record highs. That's why, under Joe you can blame the government. Only thing that changed was the one sitting behind the desk in the oval office.
No equation was given, but it's certainly not as simple as I suggested, taxes come into play here as well. The difference in price between my San Diego gas and your Indiana gas is almost all in state and local taxes. I don't know for certain and don't care to look but I would imagine it is partially locals taxes and population that's factors into Marion and Ft Wayne differences. And I'm making better money under Joe than I did Donald. But I can tell you it's not bc of either of those idiots in office. And I enjoy a down market as it means buying time.

You're cute, you focus so much on trying to insult, tells alot more about you than me. Funny thing is I imagine our custodians make more in a year than you ever will. 😂
dude you show up expecting to blind people with your degree, It's doesn't go hand and hand with intelligence by any means. I'm guessing you are another version of a frequent poster on here? They sent a chimp into space but doesn't mean he was an astronaut. BTW a lot is 2 words

dude you show up expecting to blind people with your degree, It's doesn't go hand and hand with intelligence by any means. I'm guessing you are another version of a frequent poster on here? They sent a chimp into space but doesn't mean he was an astronaut. BTW a lot is 2 words
You must have short term memory loss as you questioned my intellect before even posting on the topic. I would expect many on here to have similar academic backgrounds as me, not blinding, just a way to quantify my "having a brain".

You must be so insecure to attack academia. But again you focus on the insults friend. I'll live with my unimportant degree and the successes it has provided me.

You must have short term memory loss as you questioned my intellect before even posting on the topic. I would expect many on here to have similar academic backgrounds as me, not blinding, just a way to quantify my "having a brain".

You must be so insecure to attack academia. But again you focus on the insults friend. I'll live with my unimportant degree and the successes it has provided me.
See you started out attacking everyone with get a better job so you can afford to pay for what our current POS President That I am sure you voted for has caused. Equating it to minimum wage jobs that most people have for a short time or HS jobs , etc vs people that have real jobs . Meanwhile you: I voted for an a**hole that has been the biggest reason prices are out of control so just go get a better job. You aren't nearly as sharp as you think you are.

See you started out attacking everyone with get a better job so you can afford to pay for what our current POS President That I am sure you voted for has caused. Equating it to minimum wage jobs that most people have for a short time or HS jobs , etc vs people that have real jobs . Meanwhile you: I voted for an a**hole that has been the biggest reason prices are out of control so just go get a better job. You aren't nearly as sharp as you think you are.

You seem a bit tilted and unhinged there bud. I also love the idea that I have insulted everyone, BSIT and myself had a civil conversation, you just choose to continue to insult again showing how insecure you must be.

During this entire back and forth all you have done is discuss my brain, intelligence, how sharp I am, etc. I don't feel the need to be validated by you, but you certainly have me figured out over a message board. Keep being angry, I will continue to laugh at your incoherent rants.

Don't let CNN do your thinking for you. Nobody on the Right is saying that. BTW, you do realize that minimum wage jobs are entry level jobs, so people who have them can get experience and ultimately move up to higher paying jobs.

Meanwhile, the Climate activists keep telling the people, who can't afford gas to just buy electric cars.
It makes sense to them.

Please spare us your Left Wing BS. Your anti-Capitalist views are absurd. Gas prices have gone up and down multiple times over the years.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m

Reactions: Crayfish57
You seem a bit tilted and unhinged there bud. I also love the idea that I have insulted everyone, BSIT and myself had a civil conversation, you just choose to continue to insult again showing how insecure you must be.

During this entire back and forth all you have done is discuss my brain, intelligence, how sharp I am, etc. I don't feel the need to be validated by you, but you certainly have me figured out over a message board. Keep being angry, I will continue to laugh at your incoherent rants.
PF1 again, how much time do you spend doing this?

I was thinking of starting a pawn shop chain inside the gas station convenience stores.
A lot of wedding rings and watches pawned to afford a tank of gas.

PF1 again, how much time do you spend doing this?
You know you’ve been dogwalked when all you can respond with is this. Buddy, I’m not your idiot friend who’s come up with god knows how many names over the last however many months. But if this is what you need to believe since you’re incapable of any actual discussion with anyone, then have it it, skippy. You obviously need that self-validation.

Reactions: Boiler_HD

I work with a lot of really academically accomplished people who have no apparent brain.

We have a former professor doing administrational assistant work for a reason.

Its called supply and demand. More supply with the same demand means lower prices. With your brilliant degree, you didn't have macroeconomics as one of your courses? I love how supply and demand principles just go away when its convenient to blame oil companies...

My son-in-law (senior V.P.) has a doctorate (biological statistics) and a couple of MS degrees (math, etc) and I must tell you there are a lot of things he doesn't know. That is not meant as an insult, because having a mile deep of knowledge in a narrow field of study may not have any, or very little relative knowlege in another domain. In his general field, he has and is making a LOT of money...because that area of study is paying well.

One of the biggest fallacies is a belief that a person with knowledge and "expertise" in one area somehow has expertise in another or that any single entity does as well. This is fairly common for those that have an "unconstrained vision" and in direct opposition to those that have a "constrained vision" understanding that no entity has all the knowledge of the fallout that is slowly gained through an evolutionary process. We do not have to look far to see the devastation in all of life due to the virus from China...that didn't need to create as much destruction as it did.

You should understand that not everyone is in his or her thirties starting to experience life. Many people retired have a fixed income and inflation is a tax upon their available money. Actually, inflation reduces the value of their money for all they buy. Those on social security had no choice but to have their money stolen from them and used over their lifetime growing for their payout at around 3% all those years by the blob...that is if they lived long enough to get part of it back. Fuel today as compared to a couple of years ago is much higher than it was under Trump and what would be today if Trump were still making the decisions. Diesel fuel is over $5 a gallon and the semis may be getting 5-7 mile/gallon. Still ,inflation reminiscent of the Jimmy Carter days before your time, but during the lives of many here, has been experienced before...and as bad as it is...will hopefully get better. Other phuckups will be with us for a long time...actually will only be with you and those much younger since many of us will have checked out

I work with a lot of really academically accomplished people who have no apparent brain.

We have a former professor doing administrational assistant work for a reason.
I've seen multiple "academics" fail in real world settings. Its generally the case when they are highly analytical and can't make decisions when ambiguity comes into play.

I've seen multiple "academics" fail in real world settings. Its generally the case when they are highly analytical and can't make decisions when ambiguity comes into play.
So quick question for ya, pat. Is everyone on this board in the crowd while you’re on your soapbox? And is there a giant mirror hanging in the back for some good self-reflection? I just want to make sure you’re being equal opportunity here vs saying this because you disagree with someone.

I love the echo chamber of "just because you have a degree doesn't mean you have a brain". That point has not gone over my head. I have not walked in here and claimed I have all the answers, also not claiming I am an expert on this topic. Cray asked if I had a brain and I gave him the single quantifiable evidence I can via message boards and everyone losses it lol. I guess next time I should provide cat scans?

Back to the topic, yes gas is expensive, get over it. (This should continue to piss everyone off)

If you would have led with that, you likely would not have gotten the responses you got.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
I love the echo chamber of "just because you have a degree doesn't mean you have a brain". That point has not gone over my head. I have not walked in here and claimed I have all the answers, also not claiming I am an expert on this topic. Cray asked if I had a brain and I gave him the single quantifiable evidence I can via message boards and everyone losses it lol. I guess next time I should provide cat scans?

Back to the topic, yes gas is expensive, get over it. (This should continue to piss everyone off)
But, you claimed oil/gas companies keep prices high because they can? Is that correct?

My son-in-law (senior V.P.) has a doctorate (biological statistics) and a couple of MS degrees (math, etc) and I must tell you there are a lot of things he doesn't know. That is not meant as an insult, because having a mile deep of knowledge in a narrow field of study may not have any, or very little relative knowlege in another domain. In his general field, he has and is making a LOT of money...because that area of study is paying well.

One of the biggest fallacies is a belief that a person with knowledge and "expertise" in one area somehow has expertise in another or that any single entity does as well. This is fairly common for those that have an "unconstrained vision" and in direct opposition to those that have a "constrained vision" understanding that no entity has all the knowledge of the fallout that is slowly gained through an evolutionary process. We do not have to look far to see the devastation in all of life due to the virus from China...that didn't need to create as much destruction as it did.

You should understand that not everyone is in his or her thirties starting to experience life. Many people retired have a fixed income and inflation is a tax upon their available money. Actually, inflation reduces the value of their money for all they buy. Those on social security had no choice but to have their money stolen from them and used over their lifetime growing for their payout at around 3% all those years by the blob...that is if they lived long enough to get part of it back. Fuel today as compared to a couple of years ago is much higher than it was under Trump and what would be today if Trump were still making the decisions. Diesel fuel is over $5 a gallon and the semis may be getting 5-7 mile/gallon. Still ,inflation reminiscent of the Jimmy Carter days before your time, but during the lives of many here, has been experienced before...and as bad as it is...will hopefully get better. Other phuckups will be with us for a long time...actually will only be with you and those much younger since many of us will have checked out
What decisions would trump be making that would lower the price of fuel?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT