ADVERTISEMENT

Armaan Franklin - Final 3

I think Franklin and Hunter (and heck, Newman too if we scoop him) would be an awesome young core of interchangeable guards all with similar abilities and size

Franklin and Newman are very good on the same team. A rotation of those two and IT and Hunter would be incredible. I wouldn't be shocked at taking three guards because Carsen and Cline are gone. Eastern will go pro early as he continues to improve. The question is whether it's after 2 or 3 years.

I like Newman slightly over Franklin purely because of his ability to shoot is slightly ahead. But, I really want both because of how their skill sets perfectly compliment each other. Gillis is one to watch. He is going to have to get healthy and show he can stay healthy. If he can get healthy, he will be a very good player. Hall is just a stud. Looks like a 2-3 year player that can do it all.

I definitely think the future looks bright. Really looks like Painter has hit on his recent pickups, but going to have to see what they can do in actual games. I expect Wheeler and Sasha to be good. I expect Sasha to take a little longer to develop. I also expect Williams to be the more advanced big man, but Dow has an inredibly high ceiling with his skill set/size. Hunter looks good enough to help right away too.

This is real interesting to see how Xavier may have fallen off completely if they end up not getting an official
Feel like I read something that they signed a guard that might play into that and playing time might be hard to come by.

Reactions: mreeser
One thing that was reaffirmed to me is that a Basketball Mom will call out stupid ! I retweeted this exchange between India Franklin and this IU blogger she called him out on claiming her sister was calling the shots on Armaan . His response is priceless !!! One of you computer guys can probably put it on here .

One thing that was reaffirmed to me is that a Basketball Mom will call out stupid ! I retweeted this exchange between India Franklin and this IU blogger she called him out on claiming her sister was calling the shots on Armaan . His response is priceless !!! One of you computer guys can probably put it on here .
Yeah I saw that -that dude is a moron

Reactions: KisteK
Not sure about the whole X thing IMO they have no chance or desire here . They have Paul Scruggs at SG for 3 more years , 4 star Keonte Kennedy 2018 and recently got a commitment from 6'8 4/5 star Elias King .Franklin was one of twelve SG they offered compared to Purdue's two in fact Purdue has 8 offers for the entire class X offered 44 in total . We will sign Franklin and Hall IMO .
IF Purdue gets Hall and either FRanklin or Newman tehy will have a very nice class to go with what is ahead of them. A team with variety of skill sets adn an ability to play fast and power ball if needed. Purdue will be good, but what is new with that other than a couple of years in the past few decades?

Yeah I saw that -that dude is a moron
She is such a nice lady she was telling him the truth . I cannot share any details but another mom of a top rated recruit forwarded me something similar from a different " IU insider " Saying he knew where her son was going her response was I guess things have changed since breakfast thanks for the info ! He replied your welcome !

I think he could easily play D1 b-ball

I don't know why anybody would want to do that. I would guess it's overwhelming to learn the nuances and systems of 1 college sport, let alone two. And I would think he'd appreciate the break in Jan/Feb from playing a sport...

Of course, if he went to IU, he wouldn't have to worry about football from about Thanksgiving on.

I don't know why anybody would want to do that. I would guess it's overwhelming to learn the nuances and systems of 1 college sport, let alone two. And I would think he'd appreciate the break in Jan/Feb from playing a sport...

Of course, if he went to IU, he wouldn't have to worry about football from about Thanksgiving on.
I more just meant that if he decided basketball was his interest, he could definitely play D1 basketball, AT LEAST mid major.

Obviously that’s not the case, but painter and Miller have both stated they’d let him play basketball.

Seems like he does a bunch of stuff above average to good, but no single thing great (like Newman’s shooting). Probably the type of kid who won’t do much for 2-3 years, and then everyone says “why didn’t we recruit this kid” when he’s a top 5-10 kid in the conference as a senior
I could see it playing out like this. Actually, as a IU fan, I keep stopping myself from publicly saying that out of all the guards we've offered...he would be the last of my picks. Because I have this feeling that by year 4 he's going to be one hell of a player.

Not saying he would be my last pick because anything is wrong with him, but after last years shooting debacle, I'm really wanting excellent shooters!

Iu has offered like 50 guards and 50 forwards. They are about guaranteed to get one.

Reactions: Schnelk
Yeah looks like both the Hoosiers and Purdue are looking to put together 2 nice classes. I think Purdue lands Franklin and Hall to round out their class and IU will get TJD and Bouknight/Newman and hopefully Brooks. Your all’s class coupled with last years class may take a little patience but has a good long term plan.

You all will be without Romeo and Morgan next year. You will be in serious rebuilding mode . No talent.

ADVERTISEMENT