ADVERTISEMENT

Armaan Franklin - Final 3

Which Boiler past star does he most compare to for those who have seen his talents?

As an IU fan I’m surprised we are on here. It’s a two horse race and from what I hear PU may be pulling away. Looks like a Thompson Gillis Franklin and better than 50/50 Hall chance would be a really good class. Good luck this season!
Not the first Hoosier I have heard that from and also hearing we are in a really good spot.

I know his Aunt is very influential in his life and she really likes Painter and Purdue.

I will gladly take a class of Thompson, Gillis, Franklin and Hall.

Not the first Hoosier I have heard that from and also hearing we are in a really good spot.

I know his Aunt is very influential in his life and she really likes Painter and Purdue.

I will gladly take a class of Thompson, Gillis, Franklin and Hall.

It seems that Archie has been more focused on Newman and other guards in the class, hasn't been on Franklin as hard as the others. I figured that ship had already sailed...but I guess IU still has a shot if they make their desire clear that they really want him.

I am hoping that we get at least 1 commitment by the end of the summer. I would rather not sit here with 0 recruits until Spring, when all the big decisions happen, and just be sweating it out hoping that the pieces fall into place.

I’ll be interested in two things for the future of this guy’s recruitment:

1) the Inevitable crystal ball montage of picks
2) if he commits on an official visit (more likely to be at X or PU from what it sounds)

It seems that Archie has been more focused on Newman and other guards in the class, hasn't been on Franklin as hard as the others. I figured that ship had already sailed...but I guess IU still has a shot if they make their desire clear that they really want him.

I am hoping that we get at least 1 commitment by the end of the summer. I would rather not sit here with 0 recruits until Spring, when all the big decisions happen, and just be sweating it out hoping that the pieces fall into place.

Who would you rather take: Newman or Franklin?

You didn't ask me, but I like Newman better than Franklin, because of his shooting ability. He seems like a very good 3 and D player. Franklin is more of a slasher.
Saw Newman play several games at Valparaiso last year and didn't see outside shooting all that. He must have improved a lot since.

Who would you rather take: Newman or Franklin?

Not sure, I haven't seen much of Franklin. Only seen video of Newman, but I wasn't super impressed. He seemed like a very good shooter, but not super athletic or multi-dimensional. That was a small sample size though, I know most IU fans I've heard from really like Newman and would prefer him over Franklin.

Not sure about the whole X thing IMO they have no chance or desire here . They have Paul Scruggs at SG for 3 more years , 4 star Keonte Kennedy 2018 and recently got a commitment from 6'8 4/5 star Elias King .Franklin was one of twelve SG they offered compared to Purdue's two in fact Purdue has 8 offers for the entire class X offered 44 in total . We will sign Franklin and Hall IMO .

I noticed that. Unlike previous years and other schools, Painter has given out very few offers this year. That tells me he is either very confident with landing the players he is targeting, or he is a fool. My hope is that it is the former.

Not sure about the whole X thing IMO they have no chance or desire here . They have Paul Scruggs at SG for 3 more years , 4 star Keonte Kennedy 2018 and recently got a commitment from 6'8 4/5 star Elias King .Franklin was one of twelve SG they offered compared to Purdue's two in fact Purdue has 8 offers for the entire class X offered 44 in total . We will sign Franklin and Hall IMO .
good hearing from you 52.

My sense is that IU is going to put a premium on outside shooting for the first guard they take, and that slow-playing a kid like Franklin will all but remove IU from the conversation. I'd look for a kid named Bouknight to be on IU's campus in the not distant future, and Armaan Franklin to be much more likely a Boiler than a Hoosier.

BTW, not trying to knock Franklin, he's an excellent player and an A+ kid. It's just that outside shooting is not his #1 advanced skill, and I don't think that IU will push him super hard to visit and/or commit early.

My sense is that IU is going to put a premium on outside shooting for the first guard they take, and that slow-playing a kid like Franklin will all but remove IU from the conversation. I'd look for a kid named Bouknight to be on IU's campus in the not distant future, and Armaan Franklin to be much more likely a Boiler than a Hoosier.

BTW, not trying to knock Franklin, he's an excellent player and an A+ kid. It's just that outside shooting is not his #1 advanced skill, and I don't think that IU will push him super hard to visit and/or commit early.
Thanks to some hoosier fans here for some info and civil discussions.

Seems like he does a bunch of stuff above average to good, but no single thing great (like Newman’s shooting). Probably the type of kid who won’t do much for 2-3 years, and then everyone says “why didn’t we recruit this kid” when he’s a top 5-10 kid in the conference as a senior

ADVERTISEMENT