Are you better off today than in 2021?

TheGunner

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
If not, here’s why ( hint …Bozo Biden)

Spending is just one of many things F'd up
True,
The US economy has survived may idiots in office. Most recently Carter and Biden.
To a lesser extent Obama. (Remember 'This is the new standard statement' which Trump quickly obliviated with his policies)
But the Afghanistan debacle, surrendering Bagram Air Base and our Southern border sovereignty, will have generational consequences.

True,
The US economy has survived may idiots in office. Most recently Carter and Biden.
To a lesser extent Obama. (Remember 'This is the new standard statement' which Trump quickly obliviated with his policies)
But the Afghanistan debacle, surrendering Bagram Air Base and our Southern border sovereignty, will have generational consequences.
Although I think Obama started some of the social problems of today

True,
What do you mean the US Economy survived idiots in office……To a lesser extent Obama. Obama was the President that rescued the US from a depression that Bush, as you forgot to add to your list, got us in. Obama handed Chump a good economy that Chump takes Credit for. Obama got the unemployment down to 4% ish from 9%. Black unemployment from 16% down to 6%. Positive job growth for 7 out of the 8 years in office. Saved the auto industry.

What do you mean the US Economy survived idiots in office……To a lesser extent Obama. Obama was the President that rescued the US from a depression that Bush, as you forgot to add to your list, got us in. Obama handed Chump a good economy that Chump takes Credit for. Obama got the unemployment down to 4% ish from 9%. Black unemployment from 16% down to 6%. Positive job growth for 7 out of the 8 years in office. Saved the auto industry.
That "rescue" is still on the books at the federal reserve. I know you don't know what that means and never will but grow up.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
That "rescue" is still on the books at the federal reserve. I know you don't know what that means and never will but grow up.
And to think people actually believe this stuff.

27aH.gif

And to think people actually believe this stuff.

27aH.gif
So, enlighten me. How did Obama not rescue the auto industry? Didn’t GM payback the loan with interest and became the biggest selling automaker?

The unemployment rate is a bogus figure that gives a comparison for a finite time determined by politicians.
Do research!!!
Currently there are 2.5 million fewer people in the work force prior to the pandemic.
And if you are watching the mess at the Southern Border you will notice the population of the US has risen by another 2.5 million people.
So there are currently 5 million more persons living off of the tax payers under Biden than under Trump.
And an FYI, The labor participation rate at it's Highest Level under Obama, NEVER reached the labor participation rate at it's Lowest Level under Trump.
The Big Problem is even under Trump the labor participation rate was 4% lower than it was back in 2000.

The unemployment rate is a bogus figure that gives a comparison for a finite time determined by politicians.
Do research!!!
Currently there are 2.5 million fewer people in the work force prior to the pandemic.
And if you are watching the mess at the Southern Border you will notice the population of the US has risen by another 2.5 million people.
So there are currently 5 million more persons living off of the tax payers under Biden than under Trump.
And an FYI, The labor participation rate at it's Highest Level under Obama, NEVER reached the labor participation rate at it's Lowest Level under Trump.
The Big Problem is even under Trump the labor participation rate was 4% lower than it was back in 2000.
Let me get this straight. So when I tout the low unemployment rate that Obama achieved, the unemployment rate is bogus. Obama cooked the books. I heard it all, particularly from Faux News. But when the republicans tout the low unemployment rate, thanks to Obama, under Chump, he is the greatest president ever.

I take it you never watched “Different Strokes”.
I was offended by the systemic racism of an old white guy having to step in to save two black kids, as if a black family was not capable of doing so.

Don't tell me you were not equally offended?

I was offended by the systemic racism of an old white guy having to step in to save two black kids, as if a black family was not capable of doing so.

Don't tell me you were not equally offended?
Dude, something is wrong with you.

Perhaps the old white guy cared so much for his housekeeper that worked for him for years that when she died he wanted to take care of her sons.

Just a new thought that crossed my mind after watching the SOTU

Shouldn’t we just tell poor countries to raise their minimum wage to make their society have better living conditions?

(Stolen from the internet, but still, isn’t that a great idea?)

🤡 economics

Last edited:
Just a new thought that crossed my mind after watching the SOTU

Shouldn’t we just tell poor countries to raise their minimum wage to make their society have better living conditions?

(Stolen from the internet, but still, isn’t that a great idea?)

🤡 economics
Clever, I like it.

Let me get this straight. So when I tout the low unemployment rate that Obama achieved, the unemployment rate is bogus. Obama cooked the books. I heard it all, particularly from Faux News. But when the republicans tout the low unemployment rate, thanks to Obama, under Chump, he is the greatest president ever.
Again,
I wasn't using the unemployment rate!
I specifically referenced the work force participation rate.
You need to realize the difference between the two and how they are calculated.
And Trump had the labor participation rate headed in the right direction.
It is currently far below historic levels.
And that is a huge problem.

• Love
Dude, something is wrong with you.

Perhaps the old white guy cared so much for his housekeeper that worked for him for years that when she died he wanted to take care of her sons.
I am sure his intentions were good, but he would not be able to overcome the white privilege and systemic racism he was born into.

The old white guy who raised those two kids as white boys.
Yeah, something is wrong with you. What does white privilege have anything to do with Mr. Drummond raising 2 blacks kids? Overcome for what? Not understanding your agenda.

Yeah, something is wrong with you. What does white privilege have anything to do with Mr. Drummond raising 2 blacks kids? Overcome for what? Not understanding your agenda.
It's not my agenda. Just pointing out the systemic racism of that show, despite which you were quoting from it like it is not offensive.

Are you no longer identifying as black?

It's not my agenda. Just pointing out the systemic racism of that show, despite which you were quoting from it like it is not offensive.

Are you no longer identifying as black?
So what about the show, “Different Strokes” that was systemic racism?

No show in the 70’s was more racist than “All in the Family”. But we all watched and laughed. Archie Bunker was probably the racist TV character I’ve seen in my life.

So what about the show, “Different Strokes” that was systemic racism?

No show in the 70’s was more racist than “All in the Family”. But we all watched and laughed. Archie Bunker was probably the racist TV character I’ve seen in my life.
Archie's racism was written into the script.

Strokes was not intended to be racist, which is what makes its racism all the more striking.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Archie's racism was written into the script.

Strokes was not intended to be racist, which is what makes its racism all the more striking.
Again, what was racist about Different Strokes? And racist towards whom?

So BNI instead of diverting to your usual racial rant answer the question "Are you better off today than in 2021?"

Again, what was racist about Different Strokes? And racist towards whom?
When dems gave up on Jim Crow control of blacks, they shifted to patriarchal-style control in which upper class white liberals look down on and ‘save’ blacks by making them dependent on government programs in return for the mindless, automatic voting for dems continually seen in major cities no matter how horrible the crime and the schools.

Dems are so effective at it, blacks like you don’t even realize it.

Now do you get why that show was racist?

• Love
First of all, what racist rant?

Yep, I'm a lot better off than in 2021.
You are extremely fortunate as many millions of people are not. They have experienced very high inflation or a death of a family member or friend because of the drugs coming through the southern border. Crime is much higher than in 2021 and many have suffered beatings or death. While others have had stolen property.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT