ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll Week 14 - Purdue remains #1

The respect for Indiana ( now ranked #18) helped. Of course beating Purdue helped them so it was a push-pull situation. Rutgers, the other team that beat Purdue is also back in the rankings, so that helps too.

We're good. We should only take one more conference L this year, if any. That iu first half will be a major wake up call. OMHR has a shitstorm coming.
Might be 2 more loses, 16-4 with a 27-4 regular season record would be one helluve year, they’d likely stay on the 1 seed line.

That's great news and I love seeing that, but nothing matters except Fran and Iowa on Thursday! Take care of business at home Boilers!

Also, (I try not to generalize, this is a vocal minority of fans but... ) WHAT is with the IU fanbase? lol They seem to have no joy whatsoever and are just miserable and hateful this week AFTER a win. Did they really think one home rivalry game was going to leap them up to #1 or something or that with two loses we'd fall to 20?

Like... you are a tournament team now, a month ago you were on the bubble. Be happy. You have much bigger fish to fry than Purdue. Focus on your next game, focus on the BTT and NCAA... but wow the hatred and nastiness is a little over the top. Literally a few racist comments on Facebook and Twitter about Edey, etc., just vulgar stuff about Purdue and apparently throwing food and bottles Saturday as well? Is that true? Did you see the older guys in the first few rows? They just look homicidal. lol I get being loud and celebrating. I get taunting a coach like Izzo last week to get off our court... but when TV pans to a Purdue crowd it's fist bumps, chants, dancing, smiles.... IU is "angry". Shouldn't Purdue be the angry people having a long Final Four drought? If this isn't fun for you, you might need to re-think watching games, it might not be healthy.

Stay Classy Bloomington.

tenor.png

Rutgers at Indiana should be a good game tomorrow. I’ll be rooting for IU, as it would be nice to get back to a 3 game lead in the loss column.
I would pick Rutgers; IU and their fans should be on a deserved high as well Rutgers is a tough out.

ADVERTISEMENT