ADVERTISEMENT

AOC Injured?

Knowing which QB is playing is certainly valuable intel.
So tell me. How much time you think Minny is going to spend preparing for Burton? Likely not much. He's not a passing threat like O'Connell and our running game is just plain bad. If I were PJ, I'd spend all of my team's time preparing for O'Connell.

Reactions: DAG10
So tell me. How much time you think Minny is going to spend preparing for Burton? Likely not much. He's not a passing threat like O'Connell and our running game is just plain bad. If I were PJ, I'd spend all of my team's time preparing for O'Connell.
Making them prepare for 2 different offenses could give us a small advantage.

There is ZERO advantage for us in telling the world who the starter is.

Making them prepare for 2 different offenses could give us a small advantage.

There is ZERO advantage for us in telling the world who the starter is.
So why not just say every week that the QB is a game-time decision?

To Pat's point...there is nothing special to prepare for with Burton, so, while you are right that there is a difference between him and O'Connell (thus why one is the starter and the other is not), preparing for Burton is not only much easier, but, it is not different in any way than any other average QB that they prepare for.

Like say, it is a moot point really now...they already know he may not play...so, they will plan accordingly...but, the focus will no doubt be on if he does play rather than if he does not.

So why not just say every week that the QB is a game-time decision?

To Pat's point...there is nothing special to prepare for with Burton, so, while you are right that there is a difference between him and O'Connell (thus why one is the starter and the other is not), preparing for Burton is not only much easier, but, it is not different in any way than any other average QB that they prepare for.

Like say, it is a moot point really now...they already know he may not play...so, they will plan accordingly...but, the focus will no doubt be on if he does play rather than if he does not.
You’re making my point. If Minnesota spends ANY of their finite practice time preparing for a Burton offense, that will help an AOC offense on Saturday.

You’re making my point. If Minnesota spends ANY of their finite practice time preparing for a Burton offense, that will help an AOC offense on Saturday.
Why would they spend ANY time preparing for Burton after seeing last night's game?

And to DAG's point let's start making every position on the team a game time decision, which is pretty much what he does by not publishing a depth chart...

Reactions: DAG10
My point is that more than about 10 minutes spent is a complete waste of time on their part...there is nothing special to prepare for.

He is more mobile than O'Connell, but, Purdue can't effectively run regardless, and, he does not have the arm strength or system knowledge to hurt them throwing.

So, I guess the 10 minutes spent on him opposed to O'Connell may make the most minute difference ever...and, unless they suffer some sort of freak Purdue-type injury to Ibrahim and Morgan on the same play, I don't know that it really matters anyway.

My point is that more than about 10 minutes spent is a complete waste of time on their part...there is nothing special to prepare for.

He is more mobile than O'Connell, but, Purdue can't effectively run regardless, and, he does not have the arm strength or system knowledge to hurt them throwing.

So, I guess the 10 minutes spent on him opposed to O'Connell may make the most minute difference ever...and, unless they suffer some sort of freak Purdue-type injury to Ibrahim and Morgan on the same play, I don't know that it really matters anyway.
Being contrary, I thought we ran well yesterday even without King. I’ll even go on a limb and say it was key to the win. Bet we win the PSU game if we were more committed

They would spend a lot more than 10 minutes preparing for the Burton offense.

Again, there is zero upside to telling the world who our starter is.

Why would they spend ANY time preparing for Burton after seeing last night's game?

And to DAG's point let's start making every position on the team a game time decision, which is pretty much what he does by not publishing a depth chart...
They would definitely spend time preparing for QB runs that would turn out to be a waste of time if AOC starts.

There is zero upside to telling Minnesota who is starting at QB.

Being contrary, I thought we ran well yesterday even without King. I’ll even go on a limb and say it was key to the win. Bet we win the PSU game if we were more committed
It was against FAU...they looked good against ISU as well...not a coincidence at all, and, in all honesty, had they NOT looked good, it would have been incredibly concerning and disappointing.

Even at that, they still could not win the line of scrimmage on the 4th-and-one at midfield.

I may be in the minority...again, while I like the effort of Mockobee and Downing, those guys would not see the field at most B1G schools, if any. Those guys are not going to stack up numbers like they did yesterday and against ISU in the B1G. It is almost as concerning that Lewis has barely seen the field, more so as someone that had some actual D-1 experience...and success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT