ADVERTISEMENT

AOC Injured?

In what way exactly? That Brohm's going to make a significant run vs pass change in his plan? I can see more short passing options. But isn't that what AOC's been doing all year?
Burton is the likely starter. He isn’t the passer Aoc is.

So why doesn't he like local media?
Allegedly thinks local media should be like peegs and think every move is brilliant.

also, think about who the backup is and what his father and sister do for a living. You have your reason gbi didn’t get the news first

Reactions: purduepat1969
That’s a big shift. Also, if you want run heavy, see what happened against emu and our backs aren’t as good as Knox and Jones.
I was being facetious. The point I'm making is that none of this information Brohm withholds is meaningful. Does anyone seriously think opponents don't have eyes and ears watching other team's practices and don't know more than the media anyway? The rumors were likely flying among assistants from school to school. And if we can't telegraph info to FAU and still not beat them, we have issues beyond whether AOC starts or not.

Aoc being out. That changes the game plan completely
Sure it does...when you have a great QB, and, one that has shown no ability to even be capable as a backup, it does indeed...but, the idea that hiding for a week will be the difference between winning, and, somehow losing, is a stretch.

Allegedly thinks local media should be like peegs and think every move is brilliant.

also, think about who the backup is and what his father and sister do for a living. You have your reason gbi didn’t get the news first
Yeah, newsflash for Jeff...not every move he makes is brilliant...in fact, some of it is complete crap...if he can't handle that from anyone, much less local media, that in itself is a huge issue.

He offers nothing ever of value or substance to anyone in the media...local or national. Which is fine if that is his "shtick", but, the idea that he is beyond questioning...especially with some of the dumb stuff he has (or has not) done...is crazy.

Reactions: Boilerinspirit
Yeah, newsflash for Jeff...not every move he makes is brilliant...in fact, some of it is complete crap...if he can't handle that from anyone, much less local media, that in itself is a huge issue.

He offers nothing ever of value or substance to anyone in the media...local or national. Which is fine if that is his "shtick", but, the idea that he is beyond questioning...especially with some of the dumb stuff he has (or has not) done...is crazy.
I don’t disagree. Just telling you why gbi doesn’t break news like it did under tiller or does with painter

I give my money to donors choose, Purdue music organization, cancer research, my church, Boy Scouts my son and st Jude. And Girl Scouts cookies!!! I have a feeling the majority of posters here have matched my nil contributions . Like the word says: nil!!!!! As in nada, zilch, zero, O. At least I’m honest about not paying college athletes.

This is why I stopped paying for premium content. Brian is a journalist. Tom is a boots on the ground reporter. Neither have enough of a relationship with the staff (football and basketball) to get the inside scoop.
This is not true. Brian does have a good relationship with the MBB staff. Tom does not have a relationship to speak of with the football staff. His big “news” is retweets of other reporters including Carmin and other national writers.

I give my money to donors choose, Purdue music organization, cancer research, my church, Boy Scouts my son and st Jude. And Girl Scouts cookies!!! I have a feeling the majority of posters here have matched my nil contributions . Like the word says: nil!!!!! As in nada, zilch, zero, O. At least I’m honest about not paying college athletes.
Nobody GAF who you contribute to….

Fantastic. So how much time are you spending on the PMO message board?

• Haha
Reactions: Roeder
Nobody GAF who you contribute to….
And nobody cares about your rude posts either! And rather than using abbreviations why not just use the real words! We don’t have moderators here!

Last edited:
And nobody cares about your rude posts either! And rather than using abbreviations why not just use the real words! We don’t have moderators here!
I think it’s rude that you think people on here actually care that you contribute to all these charities (supposedly; surprised you don’t list how much too) and that your kid is an assistant track coach at a “rival” school. Get over yourself. It’s like you’re saying this “humble brag”: “Hey, look at me and how charitable and how great I am and look at how well I and my family are doing”.

I think it’s rude that you think people on here actually care that you contribute to all these charities (supposedly; surprised you don’t list how much too) and that your kid is an assistant track coach at a “rival” school. Get over yourself. It’s like you’re saying this “humble brag”: “Hey, look at me and how charitable and how great I am and look at how well I and my family are doing”.
I don’t think he liked my joke around bitcoin for NIL contributions. I only disclose that information to premium content subscribers 😉

I definitely like your posts.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
This is not true. Brian does have a good relationship with the MBB staff. Tom does not have a relationship to speak of with the football staff. His big “news” is retweets of other reporters including Carmin and other national writers.
Brian does but he doesn’t get the inside scoop. He often makes general statements surmising news and has been dead wrong before especially with recruits. Much of his information he shares is from public interviews you can pick up from J&C. It’s just not enough there to make it worth paying for.

Sounds 50/50 if oconnell will be back this week based on Brohms presser. FWIW Brohm confirmed Oconnell was hurt first quarter of Syracuse. Im thinking bruised ribs and that he could have played against FAU if it was a B1G game. Seeing how Oconnell threw for about 300 yards after the 1st quarter of the Cuse game, I think he'll be good for MN.

Sounds 50/50 if oconnell will be back this week based on Brohms presser. FWIW Brohm confirmed Oconnell was hurt first quarter of Syracuse. Im thinking bruised ribs and that he could have played against FAU if it was a B1G game. Seeing how Oconnell threw for about 300 yards after the 1st quarter of the Cuse game, I think he'll be good for MN.
I have ZERO confidence that O'Connell will be back. The vague comments by Brohm remind me of Rondale his last season. Every week it was the same message.

I have ZERO confidence that O'Connell will be back. The vague comments by Brohm remind me of Rondale his last season. Every week it was the same message.
Lol. That's exactly what Brohm wants you to think. That's the genius of Brohm.

In all seriousness, Oconnell finished out the Cuse game without anyone even knowing he was injured. He had those 2 beautiful deep throws to Jones in the 4th.

I'm thinking they used FAU as a bye for him to make sure he was as close to 100% as possible.

Lol. That's exactly what Brohm wants you to think. That's the genius of Brohm.

In all seriousness, Oconnell finished out the Cuse game without anyone even knowing he was injured. He had those 2 beautiful deep throws to Jones in the 4th.

I'm thinking they used FAU as a bye for him to make sure he was as close to 100% as possible.
Sure hope you're right. I'm leaning towards Pat's attitude about this though.

AOC supposedly practiced this past week and I think you’re right about bruised ribs. If he had that injury in Q1 against Syracuse you’ve got to imagine he was hurting despite throwing for 424 yards, much of that in the second half.

If he had a cracked rib I doubt he’d have practiced unless he didn’t even know it happened until this week - checked out by docs because of soreness.

AOC supposedly practiced this past week and I think you’re right about bruised ribs. If he had that injury in Q1 against Syracuse you’ve got to imagine he was hurting despite throwing for 424 yards, much of that in the second half.

If he had a cracked rib I doubt he’d have practiced unless he didn’t even know it happened until this week - checked out by docs because of soreness.
According to some players on the team, AOC didn’t practice this past week.

Any excuse to bag on the coach, huh?

Its not Brohm's responsibility to spoon feed the media stories about his program. Also, sharing injury information can be a borderline personal issue with the privacy of the athlete being at the foremost concern IMO.

Also, do you want to tell your opposition to get ready for a running QB and spend the whole week preparing vs. having them do more 5-6 DB looks to combat what AOC brought to the table?

Again....I don't get the whining about this. Does knowing 1 day vs. 5 days in advance that AOC is hurt change YOUR preparation for the game? Does it change your attendance status? Does it change the pizza you're going to eat on the couch while you watch? Be mad at GBI for not having scoops, the relationships or the information....don't be mad at Brohm for keeping this information tight to the vest....it does you literally no good to know in advance.
I ate a homemade combo pizza and bitched in preparation of the pizza as we had all the fixings except the damn pizza sauce. Wife called an audible and used Newman's Own Roasted tomato and garlic sauce. I was ready to do the unthinkable: 1) Go to store during the game for pizza sauce or 2) Go downstairs to freezer for a Palermo's box pizza.
I told her it wouldn't be as good. I was wrong! Just like Purdue's win using Burton vs AOC. It was tastier than I thought. Just win! All is better.
Hand to God true story.

I ate a homemade combo pizza and bitched in preparation of the pizza as we had all the fixings except the damn pizza sauce. Wife called an audible and used Newman's Own Roasted tomato and garlic sauce. I was ready to do the unthinkable: 1) Go to store during the game for pizza sauce or 2) Go downstairs to freezer for a Palermo's box pizza.
I told her it wouldn't be as good. I was wrong! Just like Purdue's win using Burton vs AOC. It was tastier than I thought. Just win! All is better.
Hand to God true story.
at first read, I thought you were comparing the box pizza to FAU's football team.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
It’s odd that Brohm said he DID practice this past week in the post-game press conference. Why would he say that if it wasn’t true? Wouldn’t he know?
The same reason he said he was a game time decision despite the whole team knowing he was out. The same reason he said these exact things about Rondale despite him not being close to game ready. Brohm wants to think that he’s Belichick and can manipulate other teams through his press conferences. No one outside of our fan base buys it though.

The same reason he said he was a game time decision despite the whole team knowing he was out. The same reason he said these exact things about Rondale despite him not being close to game ready. Brohm wants to think that he’s Belichick and can manipulate other teams through his press conferences. No one outside of our fan base buys it though.
Fans still buy into his BS media crap?

Reactions: PUQBMan.
There is nobody less forthcoming, so, next to impossible to really know.

I know that they need him to have a chance after what we saw last night.

Fans still buy into his BS media crap?
I said it already...nobody less forthcoming than Brohm.

I can't even believe people still go to the press conferences at this point as there is genuinely nothing of any value that comes of them.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I can't even believe people still go to the press conferences at this point as there is genuinely nothing of any value that comes of them.
Perhaps a few times a year something is let slip that you can infer things from. This is also true of the player interviews. But usually, nothing of value.

Reactions: DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT