ADVERTISEMENT

AOC Injured?

Just got an ESPN update that he is a game time decision due to an unspecified injury. Anyone have any insight?
You would think someone that COVERS the program might...but, no...just an article that he is a Game-time Decision...which, generally means he is out based on past such coverage and situations.

If he's out, who do you think gets the start, Burton or Aliamo? Or does Brohm go to a 2 QB rotation?
My guess is that both do play...not sure that I feel good about either, much less both...will be interesting certainly.

Purdue football injury updates are more safeguarded than the nuke codes.
In all seriousness...if he is out, one could (should?) presume that he did not practice leading up to the game, yes? And, this is suddenly "breaking news" on Friday?

To your point...Purdue/Brohm are crazy over the top...if possible, worse than Patriots/Belichick...but, really...no mention for the entire week that the starting QB is out for the game this week? Instead, we had deep analysis and coverage that "Mockobee is for real" and "Purdue DBs told not to hold" all while the starting QB is out for the game...seems about right.

As if it was some tremendous advantage apparently to keep FAU in the dark...if that was the concern, man, I have some REAL concerns.

If he's out, who do you think gets the start, Burton or Aliamo? Or does Brohm go to a 2 QB rotation?
Burton will be starting QB . IF (and we know he wont) AOC cant play. Vegas line dropped 3 points last night after Thamel broke story. How does Thamel get this story before GBI? GBI fumble? Even Purdue 'reporters' are jinxed.

So, if AOC is dinged up and could possibly play (but risk further injury), do you rely on your backup QB to beat FAU and just move on to get AOC healthy?
I think we beat FAU with or without AOC, so I'm in favor or letting him heal up as opposed to contributing to a 30 pt victory.

So, if AOC is dinged up and could possibly play (but risk further injury), do you rely on your backup QB to beat FAU and just move on to get AOC healthy?
I think we beat FAU with or without AOC, so I'm in favor or letting him heal up as opposed to contributing to a 30 pt victory.
Really that may be what this about. Does he need to play vs. He can't play.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Burton will be starting QB . IF (and we know he wont) AOC cant play. Vegas line dropped 3 points last night after Thamel broke story. How does Thamel get this story before GBI? GBI fumble? Even Purdue 'reporters' are jinxed.
This is why I stopped paying for premium content. Brian is a journalist. Tom is a boots on the ground reporter. Neither have enough of a relationship with the staff (football and basketball) to get the inside scoop.

It's really sad that Purdue fans find out the day before the game that their star starting QB is somehow questionable after he somehow gets injured in that last game. The way Brohm is handling things with GBI, much less the media in general, is nothing but a crap show. Why someone would pay for a premium content membership is beyond me...

Last edited:
Like say, I know I had posted it just in that I was annoyed after this week...and it was harsh...but, there is no actual coverage of Purdue football by GBI...just articles about it.

I saw something last night as well...maybe everyone was asleep on this end.

It's really sad that Purdue fans find out the day before the game that their star starting QB is somehow questionable after he somehow gets injured in that last game. The way Brohm is handling things with GBI, much less the media in general, is nothing but a crap show. Why someone would pay for a premium content membership is beyond me...
Was he injured in the last game though?

You mean so the other team can prepare for Burton and Alaimo. Got it! Dumb take

At least the soap opera of Purdue Football continues for the Purdue fans. I at least “might” check in. Was so disgusted at last weeks loss that this seems like a change of pace. Hope Aidan is ok long haul, and hope Purdue can play a clean game or VERY minimized penalties.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Any excuse to bag on the coach, huh?

Its not Brohm's responsibility to spoon feed the media stories about his program. Also, sharing injury information can be a borderline personal issue with the privacy of the athlete being at the foremost concern IMO.

Also, do you want to tell your opposition to get ready for a running QB and spend the whole week preparing vs. having them do more 5-6 DB looks to combat what AOC brought to the table?

Again....I don't get the whining about this. Does knowing 1 day vs. 5 days in advance that AOC is hurt change YOUR preparation for the game? Does it change your attendance status? Does it change the pizza you're going to eat on the couch while you watch? Be mad at GBI for not having scoops, the relationships or the information....don't be mad at Brohm for keeping this information tight to the vest....it does you literally no good to know in advance.

Its not Brohm's responsibility to spoon feed the media stories about his program. Also, sharing injury information can be a borderline personal issue with the privacy of the athlete being at the foremost concern IMO.

Also, do you want to tell your opposition to get ready for a running QB and spend the whole week preparing vs. having them do more 5-6 DB looks to combat what AOC brought to the table?

Again....I don't get the whining about this. Does knowing 1 day vs. 5 days in advance that AOC is hurt change YOUR preparation for the game? Does it change your attendance status? Does it change the pizza you're going to eat on the couch while you watch? Be mad at GBI for not having scoops, the relationships or the information....don't be mad at Brohm for keeping this information tight to the vest....it does you literally no good to know in advance.

When Brohm wins like Saban, or at least gets to a winning record at Purdue, he can act like Saban. Until then, maybe be a little more open with info. He's treated injury info like it's a national f'ing secret and won't give GBI the time of day.

And do you really think Purdue's game plan is going to radically change because Burton or Alaimo is under center?

Gee, I think we should change our game plan from 75% pass plays to 75% run plays since AOC isn't available and Burton can run, even though we haven't been able to effectively run the ball for the 6 years he's been here. Do you think Burton's gonna magically change that ability in one game? And gee, I've never seen our opponents make in game adjustments due to our personnel.

Give me a f'ing break with your holier than though attitude...

Why in the world would Brohm give the opponent valuable intel ?

Purduepat69 believes he’s entitled. Thinks Brohm shoulda called him on this! Probably mad AOC didn’t call him when it happened. Major D-Bag

When Brohm wins like Saban, or at least gets to a winning record at Purdue, he can act like Saban. Until then, maybe be a little more open with info. He's treated injury info like it's a national f'ing secret and won't give GBI the time of day.

And do you really think Purdue's game plan is going to radically change because Burton or Alaimo is under center?

Gee, I think we should change our game plan from 75% pass plays to 75% run plays since AOC isn't available and Burton can run, even though we haven't been able to effectively run the ball for the 6 years he's been here. Do you think Burton's gonna magically change that ability in one game? And gee, I've never seen our opponents make in game adjustments due to our personnel.

Give me a f'ing break with your holier than though attitude...
Not a fan of this take at all. None of the information Brohm would share is of any consequence to any of us other than we’re interested. It simply doesn’t matter.

Little, to no, information about injuries is infinitely more appropriate than talking about them. If AOC plays, great. If he doesn’t, time to see what others can do and cheer them on all the same.

Not a fan of this take at all. None of the information Brohm would share is of any consequence to any of us other than we’re interested. It simply doesn’t matter.

Little, to no, information about injuries is infinitely more appropriate than talking about them. If AOC plays, great. If he doesn’t, time to see what others can do and cheer them on all the same.
And this was from someone who clearly provides zero financial support for this site and likely NIL.

Fully agree with your statement.

Like say, I know I had posted it just in that I was annoyed after this week...and it was harsh...but, there is no actual coverage of Purdue football by GBI...just articles about it.

I saw something last night as well...maybe everyone was asleep on this end.
There is on the premie board.

also, brohm doesn’t like local media

While I disagree that any of this info is really consequential to the opponent, I can see the point you're making. My only issue is Brohm's lack of candor with the media in general, and especially with GBI.

Reactions: DAG10
Aoc being out. That changes the game plan completely
In what way exactly? That Brohm's going to make a significant run vs pass change in his plan? I can see more short passing options. But isn't that what AOC's been doing all year?

ADVERTISEMENT