ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone work for GM?

hunkgolden

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
Curious what type of family discount on new cars exist. Better than what one can negotiate? I have a family member who is a GM retiree and my Boilermaker will be driving to Indy for her clinicals this fall and I’m looking to buy her a car.

I used to work a job designing auto assembly lines. We mostly worked for the Japanese companies, but we had a few GM jobs. My understanding was that there was two levels of employee discounts (granted, this was 15 years ago). There was a direct employee discount and a vendor discount. I want to say that the vendor discount was something like 1.5 or 2% while the direct employee was 5%. Unfortunately, I have no idea if that is even remotely the case anymore.

I don’t but I have a friend who is an “A” buyer as well as an uncle who is an “A” buyer.

While that program used to provide a discount you couldn’t match it is not as good as it used to be. On his last purchase, my friend got a better deal on his Sierra shopping the end of year sales than he would’ve gotten with the discount.

Curious what type of family discount on new cars exist. Better than what one can negotiate? I have a family member who is a GM retiree and my Boilermaker will be driving to Indy for her clinicals this fall and I’m looking to buy her a car.
So, you’re thinking of committing some kind of fraud?

Reactions: tsmatthias
I can get you a Friends and Family discount. Depending on product, it could be a sizable savings for you. Pick out the GM car/truck you want, and ask your dealer how much for the F&F discount. Then we'll put it together.

I can get you a Friends and Family discount. Depending on product, it could be a sizable savings for you. Pick out the GM car/truck you want, and ask your dealer how much for the F&F discount. Then we'll put it together.
Appreciate the offer but like I mentioned I have a family member who is a retiree who I can still get the family discount through. Still trying to figure out how one clown thinks this is some sort of fraud???

Appreciate the offer but like I mentioned I have a family member who is a retiree who I can still get the family discount through. Still trying to figure out how one clown thinks this is some sort of fraud???
Cuz Trump. Duh.

So when I said I had a family member who was a GM retiree you assumed it was someone outside of my immediate family. At this point I guess you're just used to being wrong all of the time so its no big deal to you...just another day.
Your spouse will be happy to know you refer to him/her as a “family member”. Such warmth.

And, to be accurate, my post was posed as a question. If you’re not perpetrating a fraud, by all means, get that employee discount.

So when I said I had a family member who was a GM retiree you assumed it was someone outside of my immediate family. At this point I guess you're just used to being wrong all of the time so its no big deal to you...just another day.

This is the most hilarious thing hunkgolden has ever said.

Vwx.gif

I can give the friends deal to anyone. Even someone who thinks its fraudulent. Matter of fact, we get one per month and are encouraged to make sure all get used.

To inform the uninformed, there are two. One for immediate family...and the friends deal for anyone else. The family one saves us a lot more while the friends can save a non member up to a couple of grand.

I can give the friends deal to anyone. Even someone who thinks its fraudulent. Matter of fact, we get one per month and are encouraged to make sure all get used.
Hell, they should be cutting you commission checks if you’re selling any cars for them right now.

Hell, they should be cutting you commission checks if you’re selling any cars for them right now.
Actually, most dealers have sold a lot of cars durng this. My dealer has two trucks, no Tahoe's or Suburbans, one Traverse....all his top sellers. And with critical parts coming from Mexico and china not being produced, it's going to be awhile. And I get no commission dang it.

To inform the uninformed, there are two. One for immediate family...and the friends deal for anyone else. The family one saves us a lot more while the friends can save a non member up to a couple of grand.
Could you get friends a deal on Corvettes?

Sky Dog.....If you're really interested....here's a steal:

Hertz Unloading Corvette Z06s While Reportedly Trying to Avoid Bankruptcy

If you're willing to deal with a former rental finished in bright yellow, you can get an almost-new Z06 for under $60,000.

d24ebffa-1dd8-45fe-9341-b14ec5007392_1573229698.png

BY MACK HOGAN
MAY 19, 2020

VIEW PHOTOS

HERTZ

• Hertz commissioned a whole lot of Z06-based 2019 Corvettes as a rental-car special for its 100th birthday in late 2018.
  • Now the rental-car giant is in big trouble amid the coronavirus pandemic.
  • You can find some of the former rental cars on Autotrader, and probably elsewhere, priced from the high $50,000s to mid $60,000s.
Rental-car giant Hertz is on the brink of bankruptcy, Bloomberg reported earlier in May. It looks like the rental company has already started to unload some of its fleet, as it's just flooded the market with a bunch of cheap Corvette Z06s.

HOT RENTALS

Hertz Renting 480- and 750-HP Chevy Camaros

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32199058/car-rental-deals-coronavirus/

Originally spotted by Jalopnik, this flood of Z06s is the result of Hertz's partnership with Chevy. While the automaker has made many yellow-and-black Corvettes over the years for Hertz, they've usually been base models. But to celebrate its 100th birthday, Hertz commissioned a fleet of Corvettes based on the Z06 (albeit, inexplicably, without the aggressive front splitter). Those cars were built for 2019 only and are the most extreme Corvettes ever to be rented out by Hertz. Since specialty cars haven't been hit as hard by the decline in used car prices, Hertz probably figured these would still fetch good money.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

Hertz Officially Files for Bankruptcy Protection

Hertz Bankruptcy Likely to Hurt These Automakers

That being said, they're still priced to go quickly. With a quick Autotrader search, you can find a couple dozen examples available. All are priced between $58,000 for the higher-mileage examples and $63,000 for the "Hertz Certified" cars. That makes them all pretty cheap for Z06s, though it's still new Corvette Stingray money. Since those are hard to come by these days, though, this might be your best way to get a mean, like-new Corvette for this price.

SCREENSHOT: AUTOTRADER
If Hertz is forced into bankruptcy, several hundred thousand more used cars could pour into the used car market in America. This would be bad news for automakers andused-car prices in general. It's unclear if this Z06 fire sale is due to the potential looming bankruptcy.

This content is imported from {embed-name}. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io

Reactions: SKYDOG
Sky Dog.....If you're really interested....here's a steal:

Hertz Unloading Corvette Z06s While Reportedly Trying to Avoid Bankruptcy

If you're willing to deal with a former rental finished in bright yellow, you can get an almost-new Z06 for under $60,000.

d24ebffa-1dd8-45fe-9341-b14ec5007392_1573229698.png

BY MACK HOGAN
MAY 19, 2020

VIEW PHOTOS

HERTZ

• Hertz commissioned a whole lot of Z06-based 2019 Corvettes as a rental-car special for its 100th birthday in late 2018.
  • Now the rental-car giant is in big trouble amid the coronavirus pandemic.
  • You can find some of the former rental cars on Autotrader, and probably elsewhere, priced from the high $50,000s to mid $60,000s.
Rental-car giant Hertz is on the brink of bankruptcy, Bloomberg reported earlier in May. It looks like the rental company has already started to unload some of its fleet, as it's just flooded the market with a bunch of cheap Corvette Z06s.

HOT RENTALS

Hertz Renting 480- and 750-HP Chevy Camaros

Originally spotted by Jalopnik, this flood of Z06s is the result of Hertz's partnership with Chevy. While the automaker has made many yellow-and-black Corvettes over the years for Hertz, they've usually been base models. But to celebrate its 100th birthday, Hertz commissioned a fleet of Corvettes based on the Z06 (albeit, inexplicably, without the aggressive front splitter). Those cars were built for 2019 only and are the most extreme Corvettes ever to be rented out by Hertz. Since specialty cars haven't been hit as hard by the decline in used car prices, Hertz probably figured these would still fetch good money.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

Hertz Officially Files for Bankruptcy Protection

Hertz Bankruptcy Likely to Hurt These Automakers

That being said, they're still priced to go quickly. With a quick Autotrader search, you can find a couple dozen examples available. All are priced between $58,000 for the higher-mileage examples and $63,000 for the "Hertz Certified" cars. That makes them all pretty cheap for Z06s, though it's still new Corvette Stingray money. Since those are hard to come by these days, though, this might be your best way to get a mean, like-new Corvette for this price.

SCREENSHOT: AUTOTRADER
If Hertz is forced into bankruptcy, several hundred thousand more used cars could pour into the used car market in America. This would be bad news for automakers andused-car prices in general. It's unclear if this Z06 fire sale is due to the potential looming bankruptcy.

This content is imported from {embed-name}. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
Thanks a lot, really appreciate it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT