ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone slightly worried we haven't heard a lick about potential OC/DC hires?

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
I'm starting to get a little antsy that Purdue hasn't come out and said they have interviewed candidates or that news got leaked of someone coming in for a visit to the facility.

If this carries out in to January, I think it really shows how weak Purdue's appearance is in the college football world and really hurts while out on the recruiting trail. If they can get a strong OC/DC who is a good recruiter, being out on this time while other coaches are still coaching could be an advantage to fill this class up and get a jump on next years. The long this draws out, I begin to fear the worst.

This wont sort itself out until the head vacancies are filled. When Hope was replacing assistants/DCs, the hires werent made until january.

Again, which qualified coordinator in his right mind is going to come to Purdue and work for the worst coach in Purdue history who likely only has one more season at this school? No one. So that means that Hazell actually has more than one year left and that Burke is going to allow Purdue football to descend further - if that is even possible.

As much as I despire Burke's dumb coach-in-waiting strategy, this may be the only hope to actually get someone competent to come to Purdue.

While we are at it, let's also invoke the AD-in-waiting strategy. Let's get the process for getting Burke out of here underway!

I'm starting to get a little antsy that Purdue hasn't come out and said they have interviewed candidates or that news got leaked of someone coming in for a visit to the facility.

If this carries out in to January, I think it really shows how weak Purdue's appearance is in the college football world and really hurts while out on the recruiting trail. If they can get a strong OC/DC who is a good recruiter, being out on this time while other coaches are still coaching could be an advantage to fill this class up and get a jump on next years. The long this draws out, I begin to fear the worst.
I can live with January, the killer is if it is in to March. January can still salvage some recruiting maybe- we hired Mr. X to run this offense/defense. Right now Hazell is out speaking in generalities of an offense he would like to run with no concrete scheme in place. Didn't you hear Morgan yesterday? He is not worried about finding coordinators. He and Darrell have not talked about their, errr, Darrell's decision.

Reactions: Redhotfill
Again, which qualified coordinator in his right mind is going to come to Purdue and work for the worst coach in Purdue history who likely only has one more season at this school? No one. So that means that Hazell actually has more than one year left and that Burke is going to allow Purdue football to descend further - if that is even possible.

As much as I despire Burke's dumb coach-in-waiting strategy, this may be the only hope to actually get someone competent to come to Purdue.

While we are at it, let's also invoke the AD-in-waiting strategy. Let's get the process for getting Burke out of here underway!
Dead man being walked by mortician MB.....

Relax. Morgan is just trying to find someone that can work with all the progress Hazell has made. So in other words, this guy:
henrywinklercoachklein_display_image.jpg

Be patient. Once the rest of the P5 teams fill all their video coordinator and assistant special teams coach positions, we'll have our pick of whoever still doesn't have a job.

Relax. Morgan is just trying to find someone that can work with all the progress Hazell has made. So in other words, this guy:
henrywinklercoachklein_display_image.jpg
with all the current coaching openings, I'm sure like w/ recruiting there is a pecking order and we are prolly near the bottom of that order

Rumor was that he ask to interview a couple of the PLO`s on campus but Morgan has other duties for them.

Not shocked since Purdue is usually a day late and a $ short. Probably means they intend to promote within, but yes I'm disappointed for them to not at least be searching and trying to see if there is someone out there. Need to be able to sell recruits and how are you going to sell a recruit when neither coordinator is there to answer how that individual will fit into the future plans.

Haze has to take a hard read on some film on OC DC.o_O

I can live with January, the killer is if it is in to March. January can still salvage some recruiting maybe- we hired Mr. X to run this offense/defense. Right now Hazell is out speaking in generalities of an offense he would like to run with no concrete scheme in place. Didn't you hear Morgan yesterday? He is not worried about finding coordinators. He and Darrell have not talked about their, errr, Darrell's decision.

Haz should STFU until people are hired. What a lame brain.

Reactions: ahhculdee

yes, because I have nothing else to do but fret over something of which I have no control...

In all seriousness, even most new coaches....and even most old coaches that have lost assistants don't yet even know who the replacements will be.

Assistants shuffle around more than even head coaches do so it takes a long time to get clarity on who is going where, who is following who to what job and who is getting a bump in responsibility. I'd expect something official by mid January. If not by then....start freaking out.

You still have a lot of assistants involved with teams going to bowls. Some will not interview until after their bowl game is over.
Guys may leave assistant jobs for head coaching jobs, but a lot of the coordinator jobs won't be filled until after the bowls.

Purdue/Hazell has no idea what it even wants to do or be...complicating the matter, but even if it did, the job is anything but desirable or appealing, particularly given the lack of any security for Hazell and the fact that he has shown himself to literally be the worst HC ever at Purdue, a genuine accomplishment. I do not know who the candidate was, but one OC candidate already said no last week. Ultimately, it does not matter...there is a severe lack of talent on the roster on both sides of the ball (compounded by an inability to identify, attract and develop talent), and not a single position or position group of strength either. Purdue is the worst program in the conference, and it will not only remain so for the next two years with Hazell, but the damage done with his and Burke's (mis)guidance will likely keep it there for a great deal longer even after both are gone in two years.

You still have a lot of assistants involved with teams going to bowls. Some will not interview until after their bowl game is over.
Guys may leave assistant jobs for head coaching jobs, but a lot of the coordinator jobs won't be filled until after the bowls.

Most bowl games will be over on Jan. 1. When the clock strikes midnight in Jan. 2., the music will stop and you will see a lot of coordinators and coaches scrambling for empty chairs. Those that loose out on this game musical chairs will likely be those that interview for a job here.

Purdue/Hazell has no idea what it even wants to do or be...complicating the matter, but even if it did, the job is anything but desirable or appealing, particularly given the lack of any security for Hazell and the fact that he has shown himself to literally be the worst HC ever at Purdue, a genuine accomplishment. I do not know who the candidate was, but one OC candidate already said no last week. Ultimately, it does not matter...there is a severe lack of talent on the roster on both sides of the ball (compounded by an inability to identify, attract and develop talent), and not a single position or position group of strength either. Purdue is the worst program in the conference, and it will not only remain so for the next two years with Hazell, but the damage done with his and Burke's (mis)guidance will likely keep it there for a great deal longer even after both are gone in two years.
Bump.

Figured I have until end of the month to study more closely the legacy of KHC and some of the despair common to many a Purdue sports fan.

At least this post proved to contain some insightful and accurate commentary.

Bump.

Figured I have until end of the month to study more closely the legacy of KHC and some of the despair common to many a Purdue sports fan.

What’s with the Halloween deadline?

Bump.

6-year anniversary today of one of the best days in Purdue football history...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT