ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone See The Hunter/Henry Video?

Oct 2, 2011
There’s a video titled “Aaron Henry and Eric Hunter talk trash” or something to that effect on YouTube. When IU accepted the verbal from Anderson I was happy to get an in-state kid but a little disappointed that they didn’t hold out longer to try and get Henry. Not anymore. I watched that video and was impressed with the way Hunter handled himself. When Henry spoke I thought “no wonder he’s going to MSU.”

Anyway, I was just curious if you guys had seen it and I’m looking forward to watching Hunter and Phinisee go at it in the coming years. Both seem like really good kids.

On a side note, either Hunter is taller than I expected or Henry is shorter. Not sure which.

Y
There’s a video titled “Aaron Henry and Eric Hunter talk trash” or something to that effect on YouTube. When IU accepted the verbal from Anderson I was happy to get an in-state kid but a little disappointed that they didn’t hold out longer to try and get Henry. Not anymore. I watched that video and was impressed with the way Hunter handled himself. When Henry spoke I thought “no wonder he’s going to MSU.”

Anyway, I was just curious if you guys had seen it and I’m looking forward to watching Hunter and Phinisee go at it in the coming years. Both seem like really good kids.

On a side note, either Hunter is taller than I expected or Henry is shorter. Not sure which.
yeah we saw it, good discussion on our premie board. Some said it was just trash talk among friends, but it sure seems Henry took it real personal that Purdue never offered. As you said, Hunter took the high road.

Y

yeah we saw it, good discussion on our premie board. Some said it was just trash talk among friends, but it sure seems Henry took it real personal that Purdue never offered. As you said, Hunter took the high road.

I wasn’t aware that Purdue never offered. That aside, there were a couple comments in there that rubbed me the wrong way. I’m an IU fan and the “He’s committed to Purdue which pretty much says it all” comment even irked me. And there was just an overall cockiness and sense of entitlement that rubbed me the wrong way. Like really? Isn’t half your future team under indictment for rape?

Yeah, I can't say too much because Hunter knows who I am and I don't want to disparage any kid, especially if it got back to them, but I have had both of them in class, and while neither were angels, nor star students, we definitely got the better kid. Aaron was pretty much a punk, constantly in trouble and getting calls home. His mom was really frustrated but his dad always excused it away, saying he's just being a boy, he'll grow out of it, etc. I was hoping we didn't offer him, and was really hoping it wasn't a package deal (as was once thought). I'm very glad we got Eric though.
On another note though, I didn't get the impression that Aaron took it personally that he didn't get an offer from Purdue. I didn't hear that or get that impression - did the poster that said that have some outside information, not tied to this video to share?

I wasn’t aware that Purdue never offered. That aside, there were a couple comments in there that rubbed me the wrong way. I’m an IU fan and the “He’s committed to Purdue which pretty much says it all” comment even irked me. And there was just an overall cockiness and sense of entitlement that rubbed me the wrong way. Like really? Isn’t half your future team under indictment for rape?

I felt the same way-there are alot of kids that never get that opportunity to play at a D-1 level and would give their left arm to do so, Henry just gave the impression of very arrogant, maybe we've just been spoiled with our departing Seniors and the way they've conducted themselves over the past 4 years. The entire interview came off as awkward.

Reactions: BigRed3588
I felt the same way-there are alot of kids that never get that opportunity to play at a D-1 level and would give their left arm to do so, Henry just gave the impression of very arrogant, maybe we've just been spoiled with our departing Seniors and the way they've conducted themselves over the past 4 years. The entire interview came off as awkward.

Agreed. Like the “if everything works out the way it’s supposed to,” comment. But, at the same time, I grew up on the West side and it’s kind of par for the course with Ben Davis athletes. Given Hunter’s body language, I’d say he isn’t too disappointed to be parting ways. I’ll be tuning into that game hoping Hunter just lights him up.

Reactions: Schnelk
Eric's version of trash talk consists of telling his Mom he will take it out . He is an extremely humble and well rounded young man . Purdue didn't offer Henry IMO because he wasn't the right fit for the position less offense Painter is going to run . Both are going to star in the B1G .

Reactions: Schnelk
Ehh, not that big of a deal. Clear they are very close. Henry was obviously just focused on Hunter and goading him vs. The camera or audience. He needs to know how to act on camera.

That said this is my first experience seeing him. had no opinion of him before and still don't really have an opinion

I don’t remember if Purdue offered or not to be honest, not worth the effort to look it up now given that he has signed with MSU. But after the 3 guy’s popped for IU so quickly and it appeared Henry wanted to commit to IU and it looked like he was the odd man (forward) out, there were post on our premium board that Painter needed to pounce on Henry, and Brian (the mod) basically just said it ain’t happening, Purdue was not pursuing Henry.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I don’t remember if Purdue offered or not to be honest, not worth the effort to look it up now given that he has signed with MSU. But after the 3 guy’s popped for IU so quickly and it appeared Henry wanted to commit to IU and it looked like he was the odd man (forward) out, there were post on our premium board that Painter needed to pounce on Henry, and Brian (the mod) basically just said it ain’t happening, Purdue was not pursuing Henry.
I remember that as well. Always assumed if it was potential academic issues and or attitude issues.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT