ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know the over/under on how many hours before our POTUS gets blamed for

Obama should have sent the plane load of money to Puerto Rico, to help build their infrastructure more hurricane proof, instead of sending it to Iran.
Instead of the Nobel Peace prize he would have gotten the Nobel Economic Sciences Prize.
I blame it on Obama.
I literally lol'd on that one. Thanks!

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Of course it matters - if the media is claiming his response led to the deaths of 3,000 people then he has every right to refute that.
By saying "Puerto Rico was an incredible, unsung success"? !!!! It's ok to refute a lie with a lie? And you know as well as I do this is about making himself look good.....as is almost everything he says.

When are you going to hold the president to the same standard that you hold the media....or the Dems....to? You ridicule them for fake news or lies but defend the president when he lies? Is it because the economy is great?

At dinner with my 16 year old daughter the other night - was telling her how incredibly awesome the few years after 9/11 were. That no one argued with one another; no race baiting crap; no political correctness crap; no kneeling for athems; no intolerance; no political hatred of any kind; everyone just got along. The look on her face made me sad - a look like, "Why can't we be like that now?" Broke my heart to be honest.

i would argue almost the exact opposite:
dissent is preferable to group think.

group think combined with fear leads to some really bad/irrational choices (e.g. patriot act). years later we are still stuck with those bad choices.

and would people start desiring terrible events, hoping for an awesome outcome to result?? that seems messed up.

the bickering/dissent we have seems similar as trying to put a square peg in a round hole. everyone is trying to 'unite' - by forcing just one entity, rather than a country of united states.

Last edited:
Well, the fact that the Trump admin supposedly moved $10M out of FEMA and into ICE is probably not a good start. I'm sure others have some pointed thoughts based on the outcomes in Puerto Rico as well. I'll take the under.

As far as PR goes that was largely on PR govt. Their leaders wanted to get in a pissing contest with Trump, make it look like they were standing up to him, cause of his unpopularity there.

Worked some search and rescue there /Caribbean last year. Those supplies that were recently uncovered were all locked in a warehouse by PR authorities. They knew they were there. Rescue personnel attempted to come on island and were rebuffed. Sat in a helicopter, did nothing for two weeks, and we finally left. Had absolutley no issues flying into/over other islands/countries. I do not know details but USN was not happy with deployment of the hospital ship that was there.

Now, by all means agree that Trump looked like an idiot throwing tp/paper towels to the public, and he acted like he acts, but PR govt officials chose to put looking good politically over deploying/distributing available resources for people in need.

Last edited:
Brock Long, administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency: "Right now, that money has nothing to do with what you see behind us," he said in an interview from the FEMA response center in Washington. "It does not pay for this response, it is not coming out of the disaster relief fund, it has no impact on our efforts to be prepared for Hurricane Florence. It's just, unfortunately, we have a congressman that is playing politics on the back of Florence. There's no story there."

If FEMA runs out of money, ceases rescue operation, could not train, it is an issue.

If not, no issue.

And if FEMA or the states ask for more money I expect congress/exec branch to act in a prompt and professional manner.

No, no they aren't. Nobody has the resources of the federal government, especially as they pertain to large-scale disasters.

Trump badly dropped the ball in PR, in large part because he doesn't view Puerto Ricans as true Americans.

Local aithorities have the know how, local knowledge, and authority over the area. That was large issue with Katrina. Some real nonsense went on there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT