ADVERTISEMENT

any updates on Mason Parris?

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
I follow wrestling alot and he's an awesome wrestler and a pretty good LB who recently got updated to a 3 star. He's stated he wants to major in Engineering and I think we fit the bill, just haven't heard anything about the kid. Anyone know about his status? thanks

Reactions: Walt34
We should certainly take this kid if he truly wants to be here. He hits like a Mack Truck.

Mason Paris is one of the most dominating wrestlers in this states history. Currently ranked #2 in the county at 220lbs. I know Ersland is all over him trying to get him to stay with wrestling.

Per Rivals site IL, IU have offered but PU has not at this point.

According to the GBI print preview Purdue is chasing four star linebackers Chase Kline and Justice Dingle along with highly recruited Antwaun Johnson. With one Linebacker committed and 14 overall I wonder how many they play to take. Would think no less than three so I wonder if they are waiting for those three before offering him

According to the GBI print preview Purdue is chasing four star linebackers Chase Kline and Justice Dingle along with highly recruited Antwaun Johnson. With one Linebacker committed and 14 overall I wonder how many they play to take. Would think no less than three so I wonder if they are waiting for those three before offering him

I think that is likely the case. I forget, too, that we took 4 linebackers in the '17 class when we really didn't lose anyone (OLB Larry and McWilliams, ILB Barnes and Jones). Although we graduate 4, we will return 8 total (barring defections). Three should be the minimum number we take, but it also still wouldn't surprise me to see four. It sounds like we have a great shot with Johnson. And I'd hope we'd take Kline and Dingle regardless. If that turned out to be the case, there'd be no room for Parris. If these others don't work out, I could see him getting an offer. Early on, he was considered to be more of a MAC recruit. Of course that can change as he progresses.

I believe McWilliams projects as a DE.

Yeah he's listed as a LB/DE so it may be a bit before his position is figured out (but hell Purdue has needs at both positions). Some talk that Abrams was brought in as DB could morph to a Linebacker after training for a few seasons

Early on, I think Brohm will experiment with some of the players on both sides of the ball.
All really good coaches just seem to have a 6th sense after watching their guys work, to change positions at it for a while, then start building confidence, then get heavy into player development. I believe that's why Brohm and Staff will succeed at PU, great team of former Head Coaches and All-Americans to teach these young men how to consistently Win in D1 Football.
It's gonna happen.....
It will happen........
Boiler Up!

Reactions: Boiler1313
ADVERTISEMENT