ADVERTISEMENT

Another WR Committ, Welcome Ryne

It looks like we are going for slot and speed right now, which we can obviously use.

Are we recruiting any outside receivers with size in this class?

I think they have been targeting a few outside guys, but slot is a need as both WR last year we’re outside guys (Steptoe and Deville) with another outside guy the year before (Terrell) with one slot (Burks). 2 years ago the slot guy left (M. Moore) already leaving behind two more outside guys (ARY and Sullivan)

Reactions: boiler800
So question for all the Indiana residents .. I was blasted on KC for noting that we just said good bye to David bell and should be welcoming guys rated 5.7+, but that NIL seems to be leaving us with nothing but 5.5s there.

so for those who have watched these guys.. are they really David bell incarnate as players, many notches below or somewhere in between.

there’s always a chance these guys are severely underrated for a variety of reasonns… has anyone seen them play

Reactions: ChuckJr
I haven’t see Ryne’s game tape, but his dad Rusty was a hell of an athlete when Arlen High went to state in the early 70s.

State champ in 100, 200, and long jump. Pretty impressive especially as a Jr. Now is he a track guy who plays football or a football player who happens to be a track star?

Fyi, saw he ran a 10.54 100m. Thats pretty fast gents.
Yes, I believe Rondale’s best time was 10.75 and Sutherland ran a 10.76 while at Purdue!

State champ in 100, 200, and long jump. Pretty impressive especially as a Jr. Now is he a track guy who plays football or a football player who happens to be a track star?

Fyi, saw he ran a 10.54 100m. Thats pretty fast gents.
Probably much faster than David Bell even pound for pound

Yes it’s football, and speed can be a game changer. Moore is probably faster, but Ryne is 6 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. Just looks more like a football player, but I certainly don’t know how he’ll do at Purdue. Simply verifying the previous posters comment.

Just watched his Jr highlights. Seems like an actual receiver and not just a fast guy who they try to get the ball to.

Yes it’s football, and speed can be a game changer. Moore is probably faster, but Ryne is 6 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. Just looks more like a football player, but I certainly don’t know how he’ll do at Purdue. Simply verifying the previous posters comment.
I think there are several notches between moore and a GOOD receiver at Purdue’s 2021 level.

here’s my thing.. we should be getting commits from guys who are rated above 5.5 having just said good bye to David Bell, particularly when it’s not like there were healthy proven players of a caliber near Bell that were in the fold to take over for Bell.

I think that that’s in line with what Jeff brohm has proven and If there was no NIL Brohm would be casting a net and watching said players come in. I.e. brohm getting Yaseen pre NIL when he already had bell, Wright and rice on campus at outside WR. I also get that these guys are slots but Tracy is not a youngster and Sheffield has proven only moderate things.

so it’s not brohm faults and with Purdue, for no reason, saying they won’t talk guaranteed money up front, I wonder how long we keep brohm if he can’t bring in better than this at WR BECAUSE OF NIL, because it sure ain’t because he hasn’t provided a great situation for receivers to get to the league.

Is there a chance one or more of these guys are massively underrated, were discovered by brohm and will be rerated higher? Yes! If not, it’s one troubling development in a landscape that overall is very favorable for Purdue so far.

I also don’t think you can discount losing Shepherd as the WR coach. He was by far the best recruiter prior to Hagen arriving, and this new coach (McGee) so far doesn’t seem to be the same kind of recruiter.

I would note similar concerns with the OL recruiting too, losing 3 of the top instate guys again continues to concern me. Minus Hartwig he hasn’t won any other top flight battles there (and it’s year 5). If he reels in the Daniel’s and Dellinger kids then it’s a little better look this year, but still, the misses on instate OL talent these past 5 years (especially to teams like Iowa and L’ville) IMO are holding this program back. Hard to keep climbing the ladder to get to nd and osu if we can’t keep the really good local guys away from the iowa’s and L’villes of the world.

I also don’t think you can discount losing Shepherd as the WR coach. He was by far the best recruiter prior to Hagen arriving, and this new coach (McGee) so far doesn’t seem to be the same kind of recruiter.

I would note similar concerns with the OL recruiting too, losing 3 of the top instate guys again continues to concern me. Minus Hartwig he hasn’t won any other top flight battles there (and it’s year 5). If he reels in the Daniel’s and Dellinger kids then it’s a little better look this year, but still, the misses on instate OL talent these past 5 years (especially to teams like Iowa and L’ville) IMO are holding this program back. Hard to keep climbing the ladder to get to nd and osu if we can’t keep the really good local guys away from the iowa’s and L’villes of the world.
It’s funny cause it’s not like it’s you but I figure someone on KC will say losing shepherd has hurt, but a lot on there will say that he had no resume before he got here, discounting his loss. If it’s really cause McGee is new and guys are like what have you proven and it’s a one year thing.

as to your OL comment, ehh @SNOOOOP thinks Dale is bear Bryant so I don’t know that noting massive recruiting failures is okay lol

Reactions: purduepat1969
I haven’t see Ryne’s game tape, but his dad Rusty was a hell of an athlete when Arlen High went to state in the early 70s.
Ohhhhh......ohhhhhhh.........
king of the hill deal with it GIF

Reactions: TMFT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT