ADVERTISEMENT

Another receiver who ran a 4.6 flew by everyone

Standeford's 40 was faster than Bell's

Pretty sure they timed stratons with a sun dial.

Slower on game routes and not nearly as physical, but still led Colts’ receivers in two straight preseasons. Then got tossed away.

The Cradle has had surprisingly little to show on the pro receiving end. Moore and Bell could change that.

Slower on game routes and not nearly as physical, but still led Colts’ receivers in two straight preseasons. Then got tossed away.

The Cradle has had surprisingly little to show on the pro receiving end. Moore and Bell could change that.
Yeah, i certainly hope so. Wright could add to that too if he can get eligible.

Never undertsood Tiller not getting WRs. Greg Orton may have been the most successful.

Never undertsood Tiller not getting WRs. Greg Orton may have been the most successful.

We must need better brochures and videos. We need to get Mossed.

Look. All you got is ad hominem attacks.

David bell got caught from behind by big ten safeties.
I’m trying to gather what some are saying here. Are you saying he won’t be a high pick and all pro and whatever else.. or that he’s not even a NFL player

I’m trying to gather what some are saying here. Are you saying he won’t be a high pick and all pro and whatever else.. or that he’s not even a NFL player
I think he is a third or fourth rounder. TBD on nfl career. He has bad athleticism numbers

I think he is a third or fourth rounder. TBD on nfl career. He has bad athleticism numbers
But again was Ed mccaffrey this great athlete? I remember Shawn springs bragging he could backpedal faster than mccaffrey ran, then getting roasted by Ed.

I’m not saying you’re wrong on pick, or that he will be Jerry rice… Just that it’s likely that he overcomes all of this to be a productive pro …

But again was Ed mccaffrey this great athlete? I remember Shawn springs bragging he could backpedal faster than mccaffrey ran, then getting roasted by Ed.

I’m not saying you’re wrong on pick, or that he will be Jerry rice… Just that it’s likely that he overcomes all of this to be a productive pro …
I think he will find a role. I’ve seen Jason avant- being mentioned. I could see that

Reactions: BCfanatic2020

The guy who sired C-Mac couldn’t have been that slow.

I went to high school with springs cousin. He talked a lot of shit too. Bad football player, hell of a sprinter though

I went to high school with springs cousin. He talked a lot of shit too. Bad football player, hell of a sprinter though
There’s a Springs kid coming up now, I think it’s Shawn’s nephew. Looks like a real stud. We played against him in baseball in Dayton last summer, named Mason I believe. I assume he’s good at everything, any buzz over there? 14 yr old

There’s a Springs kid coming up now, I think it’s Shawn’s nephew. Looks like a real stud. We played against him in baseball in Dayton last summer, named Mason I believe. I assume he’s good at everything, any buzz over there? 14 yr old
I’m in Cleveland now. Grew up in cinci

for the record, my name is not born boiler. i only have one account. as for speed, Neither Don Driver or Davante Adams were very fast. MVS was fast, but couldn't catch the ball. The packers are looking for a new main man. they brought in burks for a look today. Bell is slotted to be picked very close to green bay's third round pick. Many here believe bell is much better than a late third round pick. however, if he became a packer, that would be a very good situation for him. As a packer fan, i prefer they draft Olave or Williams in the first round. and as i said on the packers' forum, there are 8-10 receivers predicted to go in rounds 2-6 that have better than 4.4 speed and some of them ca n actually catch the ball. Yu don't need an overpaid veteran who can't catch to be your starter.

me looking forward to some skyline chili and Mongomery BBQ ribs. I'm on the move once more. NAT knows where. Sorry SI boiler, I'm not coming back to carterville. hope you like your new ice cream parlor. i hear it's all the rage. and an olive garden is finally going to be built. woo hoo.

Brohm brought it up in a different context than op. Op brought up rices speed numbers to show that it wont matter for bell. I disagree. Especially when you consider his very and broad jump.
The guy can play, and, has shown it repeatedly...the emphasis on metrics and ignorance of facts/performance has haunted any number of teams, and, will continue to haunt those that only care about them.

Willie Gault was fast then and would be today, but, was not remotely in the same class as an actual receiver of many then, or, now.

Bell is as productive as anyone...speed matters, but, it is anything but the end-all/be-all.

I think the issue will be getting open against man coverage. He didn’t really separate from college corners

he might end up playing in the slot like Jarvis.
This. Bell struggled in some games with even single man coverage with a good CB. He had some big games in a soft zone. He also benefited from a QB with zip and accuracy. AO and Bell were a perfect match.

I think Bell could be a third round and I think in the right situation could do well. It took Krupp year 5 and a perfect pairing with Stafford to put up big time numbers.

This. Bell struggled in some games with even single man coverage with a good CB. He had some big games in a soft zone. He also benefited from a QB with zip and accuracy. AO and Bell were a perfect match.

I think Bell could be a third round and I think in the right situation could do well. It took Krupp year 5 and a perfect pairing with Stafford to put up big time numbers.
Come again? 2019: 94 receptions, 1161 yards; 2020: 92 receptions, 974 yards. He was doing well with Goff as QB. Sure, he had 145 receptions with Stanford, but don’t make it sound like he struggled to catch or get the ball with Goff. He had big time numbers with Goff, too. The only year his numbers were down was when he was hurt. He had 62 receptions as a rookie.

me looking forward to some skyline chili and Mongomery BBQ ribs. I'm on the move once more. NAT knows where. Sorry SI boiler, I'm not coming back to carterville. hope you like your new ice cream parlor. i hear it's all the rage. and an olive garden is finally going to be built. woo hoo.
Nice. What part of town?

Vinny Sutherland? He was his own worst enemy with partying and pissing away his career.

Come again? 2019: 94 receptions, 1161 yards; 2020: 92 receptions, 974 yards. He was doing well with Goff as QB. Sure, he had 145 receptions with Stanford, but don’t make it sound like he struggled to catch or get the ball with Goff. He had big time numbers with Goff, too. The only year his numbers were down was when he was hurt. He had 62 receptions as a rookie.
He’s had a productive career but there are people on here drawing parallels from bells skillset to an MVP WR. I don’t know if what he did was sustainable but he was a borderline WR1 before stafford showed up. I think someone like Rodgers or Stafford could help Bell put up great numbers. Or QBs who could extend plays and need a possession WR. But he doesn’t have the speed to do anything with most starting WRs.

i think a better comparison for him is Orande Gadsden. Granted Gadsden didn’t get drafted because he didn’t come from a strong collegiate program, he had a similar skillset, size, speed to Bell and made a decent career out of it. He averaged close to 800 yards per season when healthy. Not MVP and he wasn’t their WR1 but a major contributor.

Don't forget the Graeter's!

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
for the record, my name is not born boiler. i only have one account. as for speed, Neither Don Driver or Davante Adams were very fast. MVS was fast, but couldn't catch the ball. The packers are looking for a new main man. they brought in burks for a look today. Bell is slotted to be picked very close to green bay's third round pick. Many here believe bell is much better than a late third round pick. however, if he became a packer, that would be a very good situation for him. As a packer fan, i prefer they draft Olave or Williams in the first round. and as i said on the packers' forum, there are 8-10 receivers predicted to go in rounds 2-6 that have better than 4.4 speed and some of them ca n actually catch the ball. Yu don't need an overpaid veteran who can't catch to be your starter.

Oh, Wo is me.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
I think Bell would do well with Rodgers but if the packers expect to draft in the third round to be their main man they are in big trouble. Last year only 1 rookie outside the top 10 picks had more than Elijah moores 538 yards. There are a lot of seasoned vets on the wrong side of their prime available who probably see a one year deal with Rodgers could extend their careers. OBJ was close to signing with GB last year until the front office wasn’t able to close the deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT