ADVERTISEMENT

Another PWO Offensive Lineman

Brohm seems to be loading up on PWO more this year. Is this a shift in philosophy? Is he trying to shape the culture with a bunch of blue collar types who will likely never see the football field but will push the more talented players to work harder? Or is he simply searching for diamonds in the rough at positions of need?

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Brohm seems to be loading up on PWO more this year. Is this a shift in philosophy? Is he trying to shape the culture with a bunch of blue collar types who will likely never see the football field but will push the more talented players to work harder? Or is he simply searching for diamonds in the rough at positions of need?

Hodges is known for his ability to get higher quality walk ons...I think it’s starting to pay off.

In college football you can't have too many PWO lineman that pass the "frame test" & receivers that don't. If a 6'8" 280 OL sticks with it, you might get a year or two on the 2-deep without spending scholarship resources. For receivers, there are plenty of speedy receivers that are "too small," which is a misnomer because with the way colleges spread out the field now, 5'8" 165 can still be very productive in the slot as long as they have legit speed.

May not convert into a ton of NFL players with PWOs, but even hitting 1 out of 15 is a great ROI since there's really not any cost associated.

Maybe if we get a few more PWO we can claim our roster is 47.7% freshmen! :D

you guys are funny ! maybe if we had a decent line, our QB would make it through the season without any injuries, and we could use the QB scholarship on another lineman instead of drooling over another QB.

let's be honest. why do you want to add another QB? because we have so many injuries to Qbs. get some healthy Qbs and we wouldn't need so many.

Before we spent all that money on that awesome weight training facility, our QBs were all healthy. So healthy, we put them at different positions like db and WR. BUT NOW, after building that huge , state of the art training facility, our QBs have become an injured goose. I'm believe I'm onto something here. it's like that hand sanitizer. before that came around, our colds and flu were a lot less. Same with peanut allergies. We didn't have them in the 60's. rather than building bodies through shakes and weight training, maybe we need to go back to the future and just sign a bunch of farm boys, or better yet some big old guys who work in boiler factories. We don't need no stinkin' athletic players; we just need some mean old tough big dudes. play some smash ball.

you guys are funny ! maybe if we had a decent line, our QB would make it through the season without any injuries, and we could use the QB scholarship on another lineman instead of drooling over another QB.

let's be honest. why do you want to add another QB? because we have so many injuries to Qbs. get some healthy Qbs and we wouldn't need so many.

Before we spent all that money on that awesome weight training facility, our QBs were all healthy. So healthy, we put them at different positions like db and WR. BUT NOW, after building that huge , state of the art training facility, our QBs have become an injured goose. I'm believe I'm onto something here. it's like that hand sanitizer. before that came around, our colds and flu were a lot less. Same with peanut allergies. We didn't have them in the 60's. rather than building bodies through shakes and weight training, maybe we need to go back to the future and just sign a bunch of farm boys, or better yet some big old guys who work in boiler factories. We don't need no stinkin' athletic players; we just need some mean old tough big dudes. play some smash ball.
BDCB8006-08EF-4D11-A88B-A81B0CD06983.gif.045dd0fe6fcfa73c9f2a2c11b942ad15.gif

So our QBs are injured because of our new football facility?

I hate that we're stockpiling bigs. Next thing you know they'll outnumber receivers.
With the way that our line play is getting pushed around on both sides of the ball why would n`t and bodies to that position... especially PWO`s.

I was just posting in the same sarcastic spirit as the rest of the posts in this thread. Unfortunately too many people took the other posts as a joke and mine seriously.

but then again, look at our record and our amount of injuries since we built that facility.

they say in baseball, HGH and steroids' helped to build the body to new unnatural fitness heights. It also witness some of the most injuries in MLB history as players tried their best to build their bodies synthetically.

I'm theorizing that the rash of injuries Purdue always seems to sustain may be in part due to our current strength and conditioning philosophy. Look around.... Purdue is probably close to being the NCAA leader in injuries to starters. Why is that?

Think about it...…. maybe we've become too athletic.

I've watched a lot of sprinters in track. they do as much weight training as football players do. But in their constant quest to go faster than their body was designed to go, they are always tearing or spraining something. it's the same with throwers. I'm beginning to believe our zest for speed and strength is a root cause for our injuries. Look at baseball pitchers - they could throw a lot more games and innings when they threw the ball under 90 mph. I believe we may be training beyond the physical limitations of our bodies.

I haven't really seen any documentation/studies on the cause of so many injures. However, I have to believe it's something different than just bad luck.

1. Make a dumb post.
2. Watch everyone say that it's a dumb post.
3. Claim it was a joke and play the "woe is me" card because no one thinks you're funny.
4. Double down on said joke in all seriousness.

I was just posting in the same sarcastic spirit as the rest of the posts in this thread. Unfortunately too many people took the other posts as a joke and mine seriously.

but then again, look at our record and our amount of injuries since we built that facility.

they say in baseball, HGH and steroids' helped to build the body to new unnatural fitness heights. It also witness some of the most injuries in MLB history as players tried their best to build their bodies synthetically.

I'm theorizing that the rash of injuries Purdue always seems to sustain may be in part due to our current strength and conditioning philosophy. Look around.... Purdue is probably close to being the NCAA leader in injuries to starters. Why is that?

Think about it...…. maybe we've become too athletic.

I've watched a lot of sprinters in track. they do as much weight training as football players do. But in their constant quest to go faster than their body was designed to go, they are always tearing or spraining something. it's the same with throwers. I'm beginning to believe our zest for speed and strength is a root cause for our injuries. Look at baseball pitchers - they could throw a lot more games and innings when they threw the ball under 90 mph. I believe we may be training beyond the physical limitations of our bodies.

I haven't really seen any documentation/studies on the cause of so many injures. However, I have to believe it's something different than just bad luck.

2018 Purdue had a remarkebly healthy team. Missed very few starts due to injury. That same team also used the new football facility.

I don't see how any injury on the field can be related to the football facility , only injury that was caused by facility was when Beach hurt his back lifting weights, if I remember correctly.

I don't see how any injury on the field can be related to the football facility , only injury that was caused by facility was when Beach hurt his back lifting weights, if I remember correctly.
I think it was a long winded, poorly worded attempt to say our athletes are overtrained and that this never happened in the good old days. Completely erroneous premise, but i unfortunately have the Wole decoder ring this month.

I have been told there are some serious questions and/or concerns about the Purdue Football S & C program. Could just be sour grapes as the player who I heard it from left the team.

So the question is - do you all think there are issues?

I have been told there are some serious questions and/or concerns about the Purdue Football S & C program. Could just be sour grapes as the player who I heard it from left the team.

I think there is with line strength

We just need more LEO!!!

Reactions: Purdue85
Dude, you really answered your own question by acknowledging the source.

The first part of your post positioned it as mere sh*t-stirring.

Not at all. I am friends with the mother of a former Boiler. When he transferred, I asked why. I wanted him to succeed (even at Purdue). The player's mother said it was due to the S & C staff. I acknowledged it may have been sour grapes in my original post. No trolling here. Just wanted to see if there was any agreement.

Consider the lack of response to your ... "question" ... as a polite way of recognizing that.

Dude, you really answered your own question by acknowledging the source.

The first part of your post positioned it as mere sh*t-stirring.

Consider the lack of response to your ... "question" ... as a polite way of recognizing that.
Exactly. “Knows” someone that “left” the team. Well the only guys that have left under Brohm were due to lack of playing time. Maybe this supposed person should of worked harder. To be a top D1 athlete you have to put a lot of extra work in on your own. Not just wait for practices , or workout sessions.

Hey know what I heard. There is a potential transfer from IU. Ya he’s a team captain with a year of eligibility left. Heard he thinks he can get developed better at another BIG school and isn’t sold on the direction of the IU program. Oh wait that did happen. LOL

6’8” 280. I like it! He could be a scholarship type guy after a few years, you never know. I like that the idea of guys like this coming on as “projects”. It costs us very little, lots of upside.

I hope I’m a few years we are known for our outstanding WR play and a few go to the NFL. I have never seen so many fans upset about good recruits before... smh

Yeah, I’m sure Northwestern Kentucky State or wherever he transferred has a way better S&C program. Totally credible.

Reactions: JRowdy20
Not sure why it has to be for one reason OR the other.....

just spend more money and build another facility and our strength and conditioning problem will be fixed.

was that brief enough for you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT