ADVERTISEMENT

Another hard hitting interview with DH

DG10

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 11, 2001
Just finished reading the lead article and watching the video on the home page...quality stuff for sure.

Like say, I lost respect for Hazell a long time ago as a coach (or pretend one), but I lost respect for him as a person last year and continue to lose any that remains with each passing day.

Disappointed again with the coverage by GBI...tired of them even giving him a platform, as he does not deserve it...there is never anything of substance offered, and despite that, there is no pointing that out or genuine questioning of it.

Reactions: ahhculdee
Corectables, corectables, corectables....etc and on infanitim. Remind anybody besides me of Clap, Clap, Clappity Clap...on infanitim!

Just finished reading the lead article and watching the video on the home page...quality stuff for sure.

Like say, I lost respect for Hazell a long time ago as a coach (or pretend one), but I lost respect for him as a person last year and continue to lose any that remains with each passing day.

Disappointed again with the coverage by GBI...tired of them even giving him a platform, as he does not deserve it...there is never anything of substance offered, and despite that, there is no pointing that out or genuine questioning of it.
The patterns on that throw pillow resting on the chair behind Hazell are the same as the pattern seen on Charlie Brown's shirt.
th

Reactions: DG10
"I can't believe a media entity exclusively covering Purdue sports would take the time to cover the head football coach during the season." Disappointing indeed.

Reactions: B-Westy
Blah, blah, blah, same old shi_... correctable errors, mistakes, missed FG's, etc! His commentary is always the same watch the film and eventually repeat what has been going wrong since he arrived as the Head Coach. About the only thing left is replacing the starting QB as he has done every year! I predicted early this year by Sunday October 9th his fate would be sealed with the new AD and barring an upset against the mighty Illini his future with Purdue will be over at season's end! Early line is we are 10 point dogs again!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
"I can't believe a media entity exclusively covering Purdue sports would take the time to cover the head football coach during the season." Disappointing indeed.
Covering is one thing...pandering, providing a platform and serving as a mouthpiece are all something entirely different.

Covering is one thing...pandering, providing a platform and serving as a mouthpiece are all something entirely different.
I get it. You're mad about the football team. But I challenge you to cite one case where the GBI staff has done any of those three things for Hazell this season.

I get it. You're mad about the football team. But I challenge you to cite one case where the GBI staff has done any of those three things for Hazell this season.
They do it every single week...they sat in his office today and lobbed softballs at him, same as every other week...again, they simply provide a platform and serve as a mouthpiece.

They do it every single week...they sat in his office today and lobbed softballs at him, same as every other week...again, they simply provide a platform and serve as a mouthpiece.

Have they uncovered his favorite ice cream flavor yet?

Reactions: DG10
I'm assuming we didn't watch the same interview, then.

And how much you want to bet, that with ALL that access, that GBI isn't the first to report The Haze's firing?

If it's like it was with Shoop last season, they might be more concerned with breaking the news to his family to try to stir the pot. I actually couldn't believe it when I read that in the New York Times piece about the Shoop firing last year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/s...fires-a-champion-of-athletes-rights.html?_r=0

Two days later, Stacy Clardie, who covers Purdue football for the website Gold and Black, part of the Rivals.com network, texted Marcia Shoop to tell her that she had heard from a source that John Shoop would be fired as soon as the season ended.

I am actually assuming then that you have missed every interview they have conducted with him.
Weren't you the same poster questioning the Sterling Manley offer a few weeks ago because of his offer list? Just want to make sure I keep my well-informed posters straight around here.

Weren't you the same poster questioning the Sterling Manley offer a few weeks ago because of his offer list? Just want to make sure I keep my well-informed posters straight around here.
No, not in the sense that you suggest or allude to...so appears that you are out of the loop and confused on another matter as well.

You are right. For once I like to see someone ask Hazell some hard questions and make him sweat. Sad thing is that not a lot of media even cover Purdue anymore

Reactions: ahhculdee and DG10
No, not in the sense that you suggest or allude to...so appears that you are out of the loop and confused on another matter as well.
What was the sense, then?
Not an impressive offer list certainly, and the fact that Purdue offered at this point certainly could be cause for concern potentially.

You left off Buffalo, Kent St., Miami (OH), N. Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee St.

Xavier is solid certainly, but nobody else on that list is anyone worth getting worked up over other than perhaps WVU...and the six that I listed would indeed be deemed an awful list.

Bigger concern is that an offer just went out...long after offers, and many of them, had been made to guys in the '17 class that Purdue had been recruiting for quite some time.

Pretty content with the notion that Manley is not a 5 star...I could not even find a ranking for him, which I am only guessing means that he was not so good and superior to everyone that he was not able to be ranked.

Even if focusing on the top end...it is not a stellar list, never mind for a guy being offered this late in the process with so many offers already out to guys that are absolutely known to be better, and much better at that.

What was the sense, then?
That the fact that he was offered long after '17 offers had been made was the issue...that he was an afterthought...that he was offered because seemingly every other guy that had been offered to that point of significance had elected to go elsewhere...compounded by the fact that he had a far from impressive offer list.

Regardless...totally unrelated to the topic at hand.

That interview was terrible. I don't mean the GBI coverage, I mean Darrell's answers. There are some times that you almost question whether or not he has ANY idea what he is talking about. I'm not a football coach myself, but I really didn't understand his "defensive fit" reference that used about a dozen times. He seems convinced that the fit was what gave up all the big runs... but could provide no specifics on correcting. Then, when asked about the O line, he said there were some issues at tackle, but that he wasn't concerned at the interior/guard portion of the line. Hello?! The team rushed for a grand total of 10 yards and that was after Maryland put in their 2nd string. How can you not have grave concerns about this unit?

That interview was terrible. I don't mean the GBI coverage, I mean Darrell's answers. There are some times that you almost question whether or not he has ANY idea what he is talking about. I'm not a football coach myself, but I really didn't understand his "defensive fit" reference that used about a dozen times. He seems convinced that the fit was what gave up all the big runs... but could provide no specifics on correcting. Then, when asked about the O line, he said there were some issues at tackle, but that he wasn't concerned at the interior/guard portion of the line. Hello?! The team rushed for a grand total of 10 yards and that was after Maryland put in their 2nd string. How can you not have grave concerns about this unit?
Which seems like a very fitting and logical follow-up question...which is precisely my point.

Actually I give full credit to GBI for continuing to put him out there. It gives all of us a chance to see exactly who he is.
IMO he comes across as a smug, condescending individual who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.
Kudos to GBI for giving all of us that inside picture.

IMO he comes across as a smug, condescending individual who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.
Crazy that you just described Morgan Burke in trying to describe Darrell Hazell...that said, I don't disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT