ADVERTISEMENT

Another great SCOTUS decision!

Yeah, that part always gets a "whatever" from the right. Like late term abortions get a "whatever" from the left.

The shitstorm that's coming will show whether our country is working or not.
I already explained to you how you were wrong. I'm not going to continue to do it. I was being serious about contacting your congress person though. If abortion is so popular as the Dems claim, they might be able to push something through if it's not too radical.

I already explained to you how you were wrong. I'm not going to continue to do it. I was being serious about contacting your congress person though. If abortion is so popular as the Dems claim, they might be able to push something through if it's not too radical.
Not to me......but that's the problem with both sides. One is absolutely right and the other is absolutely wrong.

I shouldn't have to explain to you how popular opinion doesn't always transfer into policy.

I don't have a dog in this hunt.......because I'm for compromise.....which neither side is. Currently I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the side that is for less government.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Not to me......but that's the problem with both sides. One is absolutely right and the other is absolutely wrong.

I shouldn't have to explain to you how popular opinion doesn't always transfer into policy.

I don't have a dog in this hunt.......because I'm for compromise.....which neither side is. Currently I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the side that is for less government.
What these yahoos fail to understand is that it will just keep going from here, and one day the shoe will be on the other foot, and they won’t like it.

What these yahoos fail to understand is that it will just keep going from here, and one day the shoe will be on the other foot, and they won’t like it.
What your pea brain fails to understand is that people are sick of the BS your side has done the last couple years and now that people are rising up, you don't like it.

Cry more. Go ahead, your tears are delicious.

Reactions: tearsforfears

As long as you can continue to stalk little kids in your ice cream truck, everything is alright eh Bob?

What your pea brain fails to understand is that people are sick of the BS your side has done the last couple years and now that people are rising up, you don't like it.

Cry more. Go ahead, your tears are delicious.
Sounds like she’s starting to promote political violence. “Keep it up” and “they won’t like it” since we’re not voting the way she wants us to.

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
You should tell that to the liberals who keep pushing for late term abortion up to 9 months

Urrr, you seem to be confusing a private clinic with the government policy.

New York's Reproductive Health Act allows practitioners to perform an abortion on a patient who is 24 weeks or more away from the start of a pregnancy if the fetus is not viable or the abortion is necessary "to protect the patient's life or health."

So it sounds like to me that NY bans abortion after 24 weeks under normal circumstance, which makes sense to me. That it allows abortion to protect the mother's life or health also makes sense to me. That some clinic will offer that service to those who, tragically and unfortunately, really need that service, also makes sense to me.

Some of you see abortion as "birth control," but I am afraid it is really misguided. If a woman truly wants to use this as "birth control," they wouldn't be waiting till the third-trimester to do the abortion. They would have done it a lot sooner than that. In fact, 93% of abortions are done in the first trimester, 6% second, and only 1% in the third.

When a woman waited that long to have an abortion, usually it is for medical reason and heart-wrenching for her, because of the bonds that she has with the fetus all those months. I just read a story that makes me wanna cry. The mother shared her abortion story that at 17-week, her placenta was detached. The doctor said there was an issue with the fetus and they recommended abortion. Her head knew the doctor was right, but her heart wouldn't let her do it, because she has waited 8 years to get pregnant. She held on for 7 more weeks, doing more tests and hoping that she could hear a different result, but by then the umbilical cord just disconnected to the fetus. An infection spread to the fetus, who is dying although heart still beating, and the infection could get to the mother. So at that point, she finally realized the fetus was suffering and that if she didn't take it out her life could also be in danger.

It was extremely painful for her to go to the abortion clinic at 24 week. There were people outside calling her baby killer. Her other son was with her, and the people were telling him that his mother was a murderer. Her doctor carried a gun, because he was once shot in both arms. Going through the process was gut-wrenching for her. When the fetus was taken out, she held it in her palm, like holding a bird. She felt empty.

There was a footnote to the story. The woman eventually got pregnant again, and one day, with her baby, she picked up the newspaper and found out the doctor (Dr. Tiller) who did the surgery for him was shot to death. I just looked him up and he was in fact shot by some guy traveling hundreds of miles to kill him while he was serving as usher in his church.

Urrr, you seem to be confusing a private clinic with the government policy.

New York's Reproductive Health Act allows practitioners to perform an abortion on a patient who is 24 weeks or more away from the start of a pregnancy if the fetus is not viable or the abortion is necessary "to protect the patient's life or health."

So it sounds like to me that NY bans abortion after 24 weeks under normal circumstance, which makes sense to me. That it allows abortion to protect the mother's life or health also makes sense to me. That some clinic will offer that service to those who, tragically and unfortunately, really need that service, also makes sense to me.

Some of you see abortion as "birth control," but I am afraid it is really misguided. If a woman truly wants to use this as "birth control," they wouldn't be waiting till the third-trimester to do the abortion. They would have done it a lot sooner than that. In fact, 93% of abortions are done in the first trimester, 6% second, and only 1% in the third.

When a woman waited that long to have an abortion, usually it is for medical reason and heart-wrenching for her, because of the bonds that she has with the fetus all those months. I just read a story that makes me wanna cry. The mother shared her abortion story that at 17-week, her placenta was detached. The doctor said there was an issue with the fetus and they recommended abortion. Her head knew the doctor was right, but her heart wouldn't let her do it, because she has waited 8 years to get pregnant. She held on for 7 more weeks, doing more tests and hoping that she could hear a different result, but by then the umbilical cord just disconnected to the fetus. An infection spread to the fetus, who is dying although heart still beating, and the infection could get to the mother. So at that point, she finally realized the fetus was suffering and that if she didn't take it out her life could also be in danger.

It was extremely painful for her to go to the abortion clinic at 24 week. There were people outside calling her baby killer. Her other son was with her, and the people were telling him that his mother was a murderer. Her doctor carried a gun, because he was once shot in both arms. Going through the process was gut-wrenching for her. When the fetus was taken out, she held it in her palm, like holding a bird. She felt empty.

There was a footnote to the story. The woman eventually got pregnant again, and one day, with her baby, she picked up the newspaper and found out the doctor (Dr. Tiller) who did the surgery for him was shot to death. I just looked him up and he was in fact shot by some guy traveling hundreds of miles to kill him while he was serving as usher in his church.
So put those caveats into a proposed law. I stated earlier I believe common ground could be reached with the exception of the extremist views on both the far right and far left and I even proposed such over the weekend

If you are asking my opinion, because any baby after conception is a baby. I simply don't support abortion as a form of birth control. I can't see how it's not murder. A woman already does have a right to choose. There are plenty of birth control options out there. And of course, there is also the choice of simply not having sex.

The fact is a couple makes several choices on the way to creating a baby, so this isn't really about a woman's "right to choose". It's about a woman's (and her partner's) "right to zero responsibility for our actions". Seems to be a common theme these days.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I must respectfully disagree.

Since condom is only like 97% effective, if for a married couple who don't want to have babies (say, they cannot afford it) to ensure they won't need to abort would be to not have sex? Isn't that ridiculously absurd? Even if you don't find that absurd, have you thought of the potential negative consequences? Maybe it makes their married life sucks and then they cheat, and end up having a divorce?

Also, people generally don't use abortion as a form of birth control. It's very expensive. Especially if it's late term abortion (only 1% of the cases), the woman likely has built a bond with the fetus and it's very painful for her. I just shared the story above of a woman having to do it at 24 week because the placenta has detached, and the fetus is suffering. Just reading her story and the gut-wrenching decision she has to make and how she fought to try to keep the baby (b/c it's been 8 years she's trying) until the infection got to the fetus and she might die from it if untreated just makes me really sad.

And yet, instead of helping them, we just make it even more difficult for them.

So put those caveats into a proposed law. I stated earlier I believe common ground could be reached with the exception of the extremist views on both the far right and far left and I even proposed such over the weekend

It seems the law is already there. Before all these fiasco, many states already ban abortion in the third trimester, unless the fetus is not viable or the abortion is necessary "to protect the patient's life or health." I even highlighted for you in my comment above.

So there are already laws prohibiting late term abortion unless some unfortunate rare circumstances. And late term is only 1% of the cases anyway per CDC data. Meanwhile, 93% of the abortion happens in the first trimester. Even at 13-week (and many abortion are done before 13 weeks), the fetus is only 3 inches long. So why can't we just keep the status quo, which is banning late term abortion unless the fetus is not viable or the abortion is necessary to protect the mother's life or health?

As I said before, the woman (and man) have several ways of preventing an unwanted pregnancy prior to conception (up to and including not having sex)...they chose to go forward. Now, these are the consequences. Like I said above, leftist don't want the "right to choose", they want the "right to zero responsibility".

As we were taught in high school, the only way to ensure no pregnancy is abstinence. Condoms leak and can be broken, and the same with other form of contraceptives. Someone who is responsible can still find herself at that unfortunate circumstance, and now some states are giving zero exception. Why are we punishing people, especially married couples, for having sex?

Back to the states where it belongs:

If you religious freaks think this is about protecting the sanctity of life, I have a bunch of pyramid schemes I'd like you to consider investing in. If Republicans really cared about the life and a quality of life of a child, they'd vote for and fund programs that would support that, but they don't.

They care about control over people and that's it, plain and simple. The "freedom" party just stripping away individuals rights. You fools are the biggest suckers and idiots there has ever been.

Reactions: indy35 and mdthornb
If you religious freaks think this is about protecting the sanctity of life, I have a bunch of pyramid schemes I'd like you to consider investing in. If Republicans really cared about the life and a quality of life of a child, they'd vote for and fund programs that would support that, but they don't.

They care about control over people and that's it, plain and simple. The "freedom" party just stripping away individuals rights. You fools are the biggest suckers and idiots there has ever been.
We know it isn’t the federal government’s responsibility to raise your kids. Be self sufficient and present in the home, not looking for programs funded by the government that raise your kids. You fools and suckers always have your hands out looking for things. We are giving more kids a chance at life by handing it back over to the states.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Not abortions, government programs, and the pursuit of Democrat power.

We know it isn’t the federal government’s responsibility to raise your kids. Be self sufficient and present in the home, not looking for programs funded by the government that raise your kids. You fools and suckers always have your hands out looking for things. We are giving more kids a chance at life by handing it back over to the states.

So based on what you said, if someone who cannot afford to raise a child, and don't want to burden the government or ask for hand out looking for things, wouldn't it be best to just let her go through abortion, especially if it's in the first trimester (which is about 93% of the abortion)?

So based on what you said, if someone who cannot afford to raise a child, and don't want to burden the government or ask for hand out looking for things, wouldn't it be best to just let her go through abortion, especially if it's in the first trimester (which is about 93% of the abortion)?
Why can’t they afford to raise a child?

By going "back to the States", it gives the Republican party the opportunity to drive home their agenda when they don't have numbers or majority to do it at the national level. The abortion ban is coming if they gain control of the House & Senate.

Good thing the "freedom party" made it so you didn't have to wear a mask at Costco or Wendy's because that would have been tyranny!

If you cannot see the hypocrisy or contradiction in their words and policies, maybe you have more than an affinity for Tucker Carlson.

By going "back to the States", it gives the Republican party the opportunity to drive home their agenda when they don't have numbers or majority to do it at the national level. The abortion ban is coming if they gain control of the House & Senate.

Good thing the "freedom party" made it so you didn't have to wear a mask at Costco or Wendy's because that would have been tyranny!

If you cannot see the hypocrisy or contradiction in their words and policies, maybe you have more than an affinity for Tucker Carlson.
Good, ban it. Save the lives of children who deserve the chance at life.

Yeah, because masks were worthless. We all should be glad the Republican Party was around to stop further Democrat tyranny, especially when vaccine mandates were bantered about.

Who is Tucker Carlson? Is that another Fox News person that all democrats are programmed to bring up in discussions? Sucker

Somebody made the comment that the dog caught the car for the Republicans. This complete nonsense by both extreme factions of our political parties is an issue. The left extending abortion access beyond what most of the population wants and the extreme right putting up bullshit laws they thought would never get passed due to massive virtue signals to get votes as well. Those states are going to have a ton of costs to manage around this that they never once took into account when they used this for politics.

This country needs to be taken back by the rational adults in the room and not the ****ing idiots that are running both parties.

Here is Lara Trump, who for some reason is now qualified to talk about anything. It is so comical it is almost sad.

Exactly the motivation but can’t get anybody here to a knowledge that.

Somebody made the comment that the dog caught the car for the Republicans. This complete nonsense by both extreme factions of our political parties is an issue. The left extending abortion access beyond what most of the population wants and the extreme right putting up bullshit laws they thought would never get passed due to massive virtue signals to get votes as well. Those states are going to have a ton of costs to manage around this that they never once took into account when they used this for politics.

This country needs to be taken back by the rational adults in the room and not the ****ing idiots that are running both parties.

Here is Lara Trump, who for some reason is now qualified to talk about anything. It is so comical it is almost sad.

She’s as qualified as Aaron Rupar to talk about anything. His tweets are so comical that it’s almost sad.

Good, ban it. Save the lives of children who deserve the chance at life.

Yeah, because masks were worthless. We all should be glad the Republican Party was around to stop further Democrat tyranny, especially when vaccine mandates were bantered about.

Who is Tucker Carlson? Is that another Fox News person that all democrats are programmed to bring up in discussions? Sucker
It's terrifying people like you actually exist in the world.

A child growing up that is not wanted, nor doesn't have the basic necessities of care, typically do not wind up being the best contributors to society in any positive way.

A child growing up that is not wanted, nor doesn't have the basic necessities of care, typically do not wind up being the best contributors to society in any positive way.
Terrifying to give people a chance at life? Stop having sex all the time if you aren’t fit to be a parent and go get a damn job if you don’t have any interest in the basic necessities of care for your child. Handouts from the government can fix everything!!!

Dude get a job and some help. I laugh every morning seeing you post thirty times by Noon Eastern. And the talking to yourself stuff is some sick shit man.
I’m not posting Aaron Rupar tweets at midnight so I’m not sure if I’m the one who needs some help. Glad you laugh because we laugh equally as hard when you post. Talking to myself? People read my posts. Don’t rupar me, bro.

Terrifying to give people a chance at life? Stop having sex all the time if you aren’t fit to be a parent and go get a damn job if you don’t have any interest in the basic necessities of care for your child. Handouts from the government can fix everything!!!
The fact that your pea brain doesn't see that this is going to create more handouts. Speaking of jobs, how are you meaningfully employed while on this site 20 hours a day?

Why can’t they afford to raise a child?

You know how expensive it is? Isn't everyone b!tching about inflation these days? Or baby formula shortage? Some couples can have very legitimate reasons not wanting to have kids. So they can't have sex because there might be an outside chance that the woman gets pregnant even if they use a condom?

The fact that your pea brain doesn't see that this is going to create more handouts. Speaking of jobs, how are you meaningfully employed while on this site 20 hours a day?
It shouldn’t. When will people start taking personal responsibility and control of their own lives? It’s constant excuse making for the idiots in this country. The less fortunate do nothing to make themselves fortunate. More personal responsibility, less government and less lazy.

I’m not posting Aaron Rupar tweets at midnight so I’m not sure if I’m the one who needs some help. Glad you laugh because we laugh equally as hard when you post. Talking to myself? People read my posts. Don’t rupar me, bro.
GBI used to have the IP address of posts. I am guessing you are at least three people there Sybil.

You know how expensive it is? Isn't everyone b!tching about inflation these days? Or baby formula shortage? Some couples can have very legitimate reasons not wanting to have kids. So they can't have sex because there might be an outside chance that the woman gets pregnant even if they use a condom?
Do the people who won’t stop having sex know? Yeah, people seem to be upset about inflation and baby formula. Sure, they can have legitimate reasons to not want kids. They can stop having sex so that doesn’t happen. But no, keep running wild and let people bang all the time without understanding all that parenthood entails and if the woman gets pregnant, let’s rely on government to raise them.

Adoption is a solution to your concerns.

Reactions: tearsforfears
Here it is again

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Not abortions, government programs, and the pursuit of Democrat power.

It seems the law is already there. Before all these fiasco, many states already ban abortion in the third trimester, unless the fetus is not viable or the abortion is necessary "to protect the patient's life or health." I even highlighted for you in my comment above.

So there are already laws prohibiting late term abortion unless some unfortunate rare circumstances. And late term is only 1% of the cases anyway per CDC data. Meanwhile, 93% of the abortion happens in the first trimester. Even at 13-week (and many abortion are done before 13 weeks), the fetus is only 3 inches long. So why can't we just keep the status quo, which is banning late term abortion unless the fetus is not viable or the abortion is necessary to protect the mother's life or health?
I am fine with that, all that has to happen is Chuck and Nancy just need to bring it to a vote. I’m not sure why everyone is running around crying like babies when there seems to be a deal that can be struck.

it would seem to benefit Republicans if they could get a deal in place before November, but maybe that’s why there hasn’t been a deal made, because Chuck and Nancy can milk this for whatever political capital they can get going into November.

Seems like this should have been wrapped up before the SC ruling.🤷‍♂️ Probably should have the same people who worked on the gun law

I am fine with that, all that has to happen is Chuck and Nancy just need to bring it to a vote. I’m not sure why everyone is running around crying like babies when there seems to be a deal that can be struck.

it would seem to benefit Republicans if they could get a deal in place before November, but maybe that’s why there hasn’t been a deal made, because Chuck and Nancy can milk this for whatever political capital they can get going into November.

Seems like this should have been wrapped up before the SC ruling.🤷‍♂️ Probably should have the same people who worked on the gun law

You don’t see why people have a problem with what happened. Have you any ability to consider circumstances outside of your own?

You don’t see why people have a problem with what happened. Have you any ability to consider circumstances outside of your own?
I probably could have stated it better, But my point was, as several have stated, why not get Congress to pass a law.

let me ask you this, how many protestors were there protesting their situation versus protesting for someone else (such as a liberal from NY who already has access but is protesting for people in Missouri).

There are always going to be people protesting for late terms abortions, because “men” shouldn’t be restricting their freedoms.

America just needs to come to a 50/50 decision…by the extremists will b!tch they didn’t get enough….just like the gun law.

where do you sit on the issue mdthornb? Are you supporting late term abortions?

Also, along the lines of “any ability to consider circumstances outside of your own” do you have any concept as to why people are protesting against abortion? Looking to see if you can comprehend the other side’s cause.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I must respectfully disagree.

Since condom is only like 97% effective, if for a married couple who don't want to have babies (say, they cannot afford it) to ensure they won't need to abort would be to not have sex? Isn't that ridiculously absurd? Even if you don't find that absurd, have you thought of the potential negative consequences? Maybe it makes their married life sucks and then they cheat, and end up having a divorce?

Also, people generally don't use abortion as a form of birth control. It's very expensive. Especially if it's late term abortion (only 1% of the cases), the woman likely has built a bond with the fetus and it's very painful for her. I just shared the story above of a woman having to do it at 24 week because the placenta has detached, and the fetus is suffering. Just reading her story and the gut-wrenching decision she has to make and how she fought to try to keep the baby (b/c it's been 8 years she's trying) until the infection got to the fetus and she might die from it if untreated just makes me really sad.

And yet, instead of helping them, we just make it even more difficult for them.
First paragraph. So, this theoretical couple can't afford condoms or the pill (which is free at any planned parenthood and covered by any insurance policy), but they can afford the very expensive abortion? Umm, what?

Second paragraph. That would likely fall under a proposed "hardship" waiver. If not, go to a state where abortions are legal until they can walk. Don't blame pro-life people for the difficultly. Blame the people that use it as birth control. I have one in my extended family.

As we were taught in high school, the only way to ensure no pregnancy is abstinence. Condoms leak and can be broken, and the same with other form of contraceptives. Someone who is responsible can still find herself at that unfortunate circumstance, and now some states are giving zero exception. Why are we punishing people, especially married couples, for having sex?

Yeah, actions have consequences. The consequence of sex is a possible child. Wear a condom and take the pill. Do it right, the chances are very small...but there still is a chance. Like I said, you don't want a choice, you want zero responsibility for the choice you already made.

ADVERTISEMENT