ADVERTISEMENT

Another great SCOTUS decision!

Nothing better than a man telling a woman how she should feel about a ruling that directly impacts women and not men.
Honestly, what are you on about? To my knowledge no one implied that Loving v Virginia did not affect both women and men. Roe v Wade affects women. Justice Thomas is married to a white woman and would be directly affected by the overturning of that ruling hence he did not mention it in his decision. mdthornb was posting about Roe v Wade.
Your post that Bruce1 replied was….

I wonder how Justice Thomas feels about Loving v Virginia. Does he want that overturned also?

That was post that mdthornb posted in response to.

Nothing better than a man telling a woman how she should feel about a ruling that directly impacts women and not men.

So IMO, it made no sense why he made that post. Loving v Virginia wasnt just about women, which was what mdthornb was replying to.

Dads aren’t affected by this? (not to mention the 50% of babies that are male)

“The democrats could run on single payer, ending the wars and investing that money back here, free college and a living wage and they would SWEEP back into power! But they just won’t do it because their donors won’t let them.” Jimmy dore

as abortion is overturned take notice. Republicans do for their base. That’s why they win.

democrats used to which is why FDR was elected until his death.

This is what happens when you try to run the party for professional class fiscally conservative social liberals who already GOT their money and just want workers to be good social liberals who are okay with their life going to crap.

I saw people on Maher talking about how republicans don’t play purity politics and aren’t looking for the perfect candidate. Nonsense …

That’s professional class liberals basically telling left minded working class people “hey I already got what I want, can’t you just not demand perfection and not ask for anything YOU want.”

start running the party like you did during the new deal, for everyone.. and you’ll have the power to stop stuff like this from happening

Today, in Missouri, you cannot get an abortion if you were raped or are pregnant as a result of incest.

Hallelujah. Praise God. Whatever.
How many children are born a year in Missouri due to rape or incest? And who on Twitter did you get that from?

Reactions: ecouch
If it was your daughter would you GAF how many happened annually?

What number does it have to be to make it worth changing the law? Who gets to play God?
You live in a world of “if”s often. I thought my question was pretty straightforward but maybe I have to dumb things down specifically for you.

Last edited:
Answer your own gd question pinhead. The number is irrelevant. Right and wrong aren't determined by numbers.
So you don’t have the answer. That’s all you had to say but you had to throw an “if” hypothetical out there and then ask yourself two more questions for seemingly no reason.

Answer your own gd question pinhead. The number is irrelevant. Right and wrong aren't determined by numbers.
It is relevant because we don’t know if it’s zero, one, 100, 1,000, 10,000 or 100,000. The number could justify your reasoning for bringing it up other than you seeing it on social media and posting it here in another effort to complain about what SCOTUS did.

Huh? Men are affected too Bucko. Why doesnt anyone talk about men and women taking responsibility to avoid getting pregnant?
It'll still be legal in half the states. Several large companies have said they'll pay for interstate travel for employees to get an abortion. California already passed a law securing the rights of any out of staters that come to California for one. This makes it less accessible but likely won't stop anyone from getting one. I feel for the girls/woman who will decide their only option is to do it themselves. I also feel for the children born into into a life where they are unwanted.
Ever heard of contraception? Adoption?

Forcing women who have been raped or impregnated by their father to carry to term is the right thing to do?
How many abortions across the country are done because of rape or incest? You keep talking about it and none of us know if this is even a real and dominating force behind justifying abortion being okay.

Forcing women who have been raped or impregnated by their father to carry to term is the right thing to do?
So in your mind, because of that very small number of instances, we should allow people to use abortion as birth control (as in the vast majority of situations)? Or how about we be sensible and make a law that requires proof of a very clear hardship before we allow the murder of babies?

Interesting that no one can answer the question.

What is a woman?

So in your mind, because of that very small number of instances, we should allow people to use abortion as birth control (as in the vast majority of situations)? Or how about we be sensible and make a law that requires proof of a very clear hardship before we allow the murder of babies?
He has no idea if it’s a small number of instances. He just keeps saying it.

Why don't you put your words in somebody else's mouth? I said nothing of the kind. I'm talking about an exception to the law. How are you going to know what's in my mind when you can't even read what I post without blowing it up into something I didn't say?

I don't give a damn how small the numbers are. These are likely to be young women who assaulted.......and you want to take away any right THEY should have to refuse to bear the child of their attacker.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Interesting that no one can answer the question.

What is a woman?
Can't remember which Cabinet member couldn't answer that question last week. Was it Grandholm? Is was hilarious. Those that wanna say this an attack on women, what do they say about letting men swim and competing against women That is a wat against women.

Why don't you put your words in somebody else's mouth? I said nothing of the kind. I'm talking about an exception to the law. How are you going to know what's in my mind when you can't even read what I post without blowing it up into something I didn't say?

I don't give a damn how small the numbers are. These are likely to be young women who assaulted.......and you want to take away any right THEY should have to refuse to bear the child of their attacker.
Can you not read? I suggested a hardship waiver in the very post you replied to. Do you agree that abortion for any other reason should be illegal?

So your findings have uncovered that the number is small? Where’d you see the numbers for Missouri as well as the country? Back up your assertion with data if you can. You remind me of my 17 year old cousin on TikTok who just runs with whatever they see on social media.

So your findings have uncovered that the number is small? Where’d you see the numbers for Missouri as well as the country? Back up your assertion with data if you can. You remind me of my 17 year old cousin on TikTok who just runs with whatever they see on social media.

The "it's only a small number of women who got pregnant because of rape so we shouldn't allow this small group to affect the overall anti-abortion argument" is not completely without merit, but we must also consider its twin brother, that "it's only a small number of late-term abortion (93% of the abortions were performed in the first trimester, 1% in third) so we shouldn't allow this small group to affect the overall abortion argument."

Both sides want to use the extreme cases to justify their stance, but won't it be simpler to just use the extreme as exception rather than the norm to justify? So pregnancy due to rape is exempted from abortion restriction, and abortion at late term needs ultra high scrutiny? But for the vast majority of cases, like the 93% abortion done in the first trimester (within 13 weeks), why the need to ban them and taking away the right of the women to decide on her own body and the risk she must endure? At 13 weeks, a baby is less than 3-inches in size, and weighs about 25g (toothbrush with toothpaste). Why not focus on these cases?

Reactions: BuilderBob6
The "it's only a small number of women who got pregnant because of rape so we shouldn't allow this small group to affect the overall anti-abortion argument" is not completely without merit, but we must also consider its twin brother, that "it's only a small number of late-term abortion (93% of the abortions were performed in the first trimester, 1% in third) so we shouldn't allow this small group to affect the overall abortion argument."

Both sides want to use the extreme cases to justify their stance, but won't it be simpler to just use the extreme as exception rather than the norm to justify? So pregnancy due to rape is exempted from abortion restriction, and abortion at late term needs ultra high scrutiny? But for the vast majority of cases, like the 93% abortion done in the first trimester (within 13 weeks), why the need to ban them and taking away the right of the women to decide on her own body and the risk she must endure? At 13 weeks, a baby is less than 3-inches in size, and weighs about 25g (toothbrush with toothpaste). Why not focus on these cases?
If you are asking my opinion, because any baby after conception is a baby. I simply don't support abortion as a form of birth control. I can't see how it's not murder. A woman already does have a right to choose. There are plenty of birth control options out there. And of course, there is also the choice of simply not having sex.

The fact is a couple makes several choices on the way to creating a baby, so this isn't really about a woman's "right to choose". It's about a woman's (and her partner's) "right to zero responsibility for our actions". Seems to be a common theme these days.

Last edited:

You should tell that to the liberals who keep pushing for late term abortion up to 9 months

@BuilderBob6 is this what you wanted to say but couldn’t articulate it like this poster did? Again, you could have just said you didn’t have the answer to my original question instead of calling me a pinhead. The pinhead seems to be you.

Huh? Men are affected too Bucko. Why doesnt anyone talk about men and women taking responsibility to avoid getting pregnant?

Ever heard of contraception? Adoption?

I guess the abortion ban does effect men. It allows them to control what a woman does legally. You are right. It is totally appropriate to tell a woman to stop whining because you are effected too. Nobody thinks about the burden placed on men now that they have to spend energy controlling a woman.

Do you have children?

If you don’t think the loss of a baby, whether intentional or not, regardless the stage of the pregnancy, doesn’t also impact the man, then my guess is your answer to my question will be a “no”

Do you have children?

If you don’t think the loss of a baby, whether intentional or not, regardless the stage of the pregnancy, doesn’t also impact the man, then my guess is your answer to my question will be a “no”

I do. They weren’t my kids until they were born.

ADVERTISEMENT