ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz

depthcharge623

Sophomore
Dec 31, 2013
On the post-game show in the studio said that Purdue this year is better than last year without Ivey and Tre, a d that last year should have been a Final Four team. He said that he thinks Edey could very well be the National Player of the Year.

First off, thats a pretty ballsy thing to say but I agree.

Second, glad to be getting the love.

PG (#1 position) and SG (#2 position) are better than last year...very important positions on a team.

When a player out rebounds the entire other team...it is very remarkable and quite a feat. Zach numbers today (31 points and 22 rebounds) are POY numbers. Edey's agility for someone that tall probably was developed playing hockey and baseball growing up. As the Duke coach said after playing Purdue in Portland, OR...he is a very unique player.

Last year’s team had more talent! This year’s team has more grit and scrappiness!
Last years team had Ivey, that's the only more talented player. Maybe Tre. But our backcourt this year is much better then IT/Hunter/Morton/Sasha

Reactions: boiler800
I’ve also noticed this year’s team is much better at hitting FTs down the stretch when closing out games. I’m not sure if the overall percentage is different. But in those last two minutes, we’re making those FTs when in the past, we would always seem to miss a lot of one and ones.

Basketball is ruined by all the exaggerated foul motions of the head and falling down. They should all be treated as penalties.

Basketball is ruined by all the exaggerated foul motions of the head and falling down. They should all be treated as penalties.

Haha.....just imagine if Merton Hanks had played basketball at Iowa instead of football. Unstoppable under Dr. Tom Davis. :)

going-to.gif

ADVERTISEMENT