ADVERTISEMENT

And Purdue VB gets another good transfer

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan

She is a 6'2" middle blocker who as a senior played in all of Iowa's sets with a high in kills of 17 and a total of 199. She had 89 blocks and a 0.279 hitting average. Sounds like a good transfer. Roster is getting pretty full???

Reactions: Boilermb

She is a 6'2" middle blocker who as a senior played in all of Iowa's sets with a high in kills of 17 and a total of 199. She had 89 blocks and a 0.279 hitting average. Sounds like a good transfer. Roster is getting pretty full???

So maybe Jael Johnson isn’t returning….
Dunno. Oh, forgot about Taylor Trammel leaving via the portal. So 19. Sure wish Trammel would stay

Reactions: DocRon
Yes - on both points. This seems like a really good addition, and - if my memory serves, this makes the third transfer coming in for 2022? Along with 3 freshman recruits?
There were/are 7 departures via graduation from a 21-player squad, which was a big squad. If my math ((and facts) are correct then we’re back up to 20 ?

Dunno. Oh, forgot about Taylor Trammel leaving via the portal. So 19. Sure wish Trammel would stay
Raven Colvin will be Purdue's next great MB. From Taylor's freshman year, I thought it would be her, but Raven is a great talent!

Yes - on both points. This seems like a really good addition, and - if my memory serves, this makes the third transfer coming in for 2022? Along with 3 freshman recruits?
There were/are 7 departures via graduation from a 21-player squad, which was a big squad. If my math ((and facts) are correct then we’re back up to 20 ?

I believe only 2 incoming Frosh are coming in, roster at 18. Guessing Johnson’s not coming back after seeing this.

Thanks- I wasn’t sure about my numbers.
Still, as for JJ, holding out hope she returns as she will obviously be in WL for the rest of 2022. 😊
Maybe she doesn’t want to play anymore, bringing in a blocker from another Big Ten school leads me to believe that her Boiler career might be over. I guess we’ll see, if she were to come back that would be a roster of 19 players, 2 less than last year but still a good number considering 12 is the scholarship limit.

ADVERTISEMENT