ADVERTISEMENT

Amping up the schedule

Schmedly_Whiplash

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2022
Seems like there is a determined effort to amp up the pre-Big 10(ish) schedule the past few years. Our ability to compete with anyone makes it a bit of a no brainer from our end. But wondering if it's our "newly ordained" status as a "contender" that has OTHER teams wanting to play us too. more now than when we were the perennial underdog that thrived on beating up higher ranked teams. (no win situation for them)
Or maybe it's just timing. ???

Reactions: pboiler18
Purdue's national consistency in top 10 has definitely helped. An example is the Indy Classic has went from Davidson to Arizona, Texas AM, and then Auburn next year.

I also think teams that schedule tough find each other, like the Alabama home and home series. Both teams were near the top of SOS ratings last year.

Purdue's national consistency in top 10 has definitely helped. An example is the Indy Classic has went from Davidson to Arizona, Texas AM, and then Auburn next year.

I also think teams that schedule tough find each other, like the Alabama home and home series. Both teams were near the top of SOS ratings last year.
Indy classic also added butler and Wisconsin this year too.

Oates and Painter aren’t afraid to challenge their teams to make them better. They aren’t playing the system and playing a ton of cupcakes. They are trying to get as much national exposure as possible. As a player, you want to play the best teams and not cupcakes (at least IMO as a competitor) and I think the types of players both coaches recruit, like that about Purdue and Alabama.

Reactions: rjmpu82

good point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT