ADVERTISEMENT

Amateur Scouting: Flory Bidunga

tenwest

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
Went to see him play tonight. Got up next to him, the program is correct, he’s all of 6’10”. I’d say around 210-215 lbs. Got a little bit of Kevin McHale shoulder on him so I’d say lotsa room to fill out and get stronger. South paw and he takes his right hand off the ball at the release point. Kokomo played a 2-3 zone most of the night and I’d say he protected the rim very well. They didn’t seem to have much offense thru him but he rebounded nicely. Think he ended up with around 14-15 points. Just about that many rebounds. Ran the floor well. Had 1 really nice dunk. 5-6 at the line. Considering he has 2 full years of HS basketball left, I’d definitely consider him a prospect. I’m sure he’ll play again in town next year, I’m looking forward to seeing him play again. Guess we’d all like to know what CMP thought of him. And what Brandon Brantley could do with him.

Went to see him play tonight. Got up next to him, the program is correct, he’s all of 6’10”. I’d say around 210-215 lbs. Got a little bit of Kevin McHale shoulder on him so I’d say lotsa room to fill out and get stronger. South paw and he takes his right hand off the ball at the release point. Kokomo played a 2-3 zone most of the night and I’d say he protected the rim very well. They didn’t seem to have much offense thru him but he rebounded nicely. Think he ended up with around 14-15 points. Just about that many rebounds. Ran the floor well. Had 1 really nice dunk. 5-6 at the line. Considering he has 2 full years of HS basketball left, I’d definitely consider him a prospect. I’m sure he’ll play again in town next year, I’m looking forward to seeing him play again. Guess we’d all like to know what CMP thought of him. And what Brandon Brantley could do with him.
Thanks for the scouting report! He has more weight than I thought and good to hear about the FT %.

My intention is to see him Saturday. I texted to a guy that coached JV at Kokomo under Basil a few years ago yesterday. I usually sit near him on the north baseline side ( NW corner of that location)...assuming he shows up and I make it as well. I know nothing about Kokomo other than there are many youtube games on line for any interested in watching.

This is what he said-

"He's a nice player I think Purdue ought to be recruiting him I think IU already looked at him twice! Better get him!!
I think you'll be impressed with the boy from Kokomo he's shown a lot of improvement just in a short amount of time he's been here struggle with the language but he's getting better every game, only a sophomore!! I heard La Lumiere is recruiting him for next year."

Just got back from Kokomo to see Tipton play Kokomo. Tipton started in man, but played 2-3 mostly...I only saw him shoot two Fts and they were at the other endin the second half. He missed them and was too far away to see any mechanics. I wanted to see his shot to go along with all the potential I saw. I'm sure Purdue and probably every team in the Big is aware. He is a broad shouldered young man...with well working quick twitch muscle as he got up quick. He is light from waist down and so he is lean, but not what I would call weak. IN the first couple of minutes he went to set a ballscreen out on the wing and rolled to the basket for a lob and a flush. Prior to that he showed some soft hands catching a pass in close quarters. After the lob he ended up with the ball pretty well pinned under the basket by Tipton pivoted and dunked it on the other side of the rim. He ran the court well and had a soft touch around the basket...and he is a lefty that Matt always has an eye on. Kid is a soph and I understand he is leading the state in double doubles for points and rebounds. Guy I used to play some pickup with told me he finished with 20pts and 19 rebounds. Said he is learning some English, but speaks five languages right now. In my very limited view...I see teh body frame, running the court adn being a quick jumper that reminded me of Jajuan Johnson. he swatted the ball one time so hard it took off like a bullet and hit a man on the front row in the head...and he kept looking at him in what I took to tell him he was sorry. :)

Just got back from Kokomo to see Tipton play Kokomo. Tipton started in man, but played 2-3 mostly...I only saw him shoot two Fts and they were at the other endin the second half. He missed them and was too far away to see any mechanics. I wanted to see his shot to go along with all the potential I saw. I'm sure Purdue and probably every team in the Big is aware. He is a broad shouldered young man...with well working quick twitch muscle as he got up quick. He is light from waist down and so he is lean, but not what I would call weak. IN the first couple of minutes he went to set a ballscreen out on the wing and rolled to the basket for a lob and a flush. Prior to that he showed some soft hands catching a pass in close quarters. After the lob he ended up with the ball pretty well pinned under the basket by Tipton pivoted and dunked it on the other side of the rim. He ran the court well and had a soft touch around the basket...and he is a lefty that Matt always has an eye on. Kid is a soph and I understand he is leading the state in double doubles for points and rebounds. Guy I used to play some pickup with told me he finished with 20pts and 19 rebounds. Said he is learning some English, but speaks five languages right now. In my very limited view...I see teh body frame, running the court adn being a quick jumper that reminded me of Jajuan Johnson. he swatted the ball one time so hard it took off like a bullet and hit a man on the front row in the head...and he kept looking at him in what I took to tell him he was sorry. :)
Thanks for the scouting report! We should have more scholarships for the 2024 season. We’ll see what happens with his development and a potential offer. Might depend what happens with X Booker in 2023.

Thanks for the scouting report! We should have more scholarships for the 2024 season. We’ll see what happens with his development and a potential offer. Might depend what happens with X Booker in 2023.
I've learned over the years that seeing a person one time might result in some inaccuracies. However, that mostly seemed to be in shooting and maybe effort if the kid was fighting some illness or some emotional thing going on. Physically, he just reminded me of JaJuan Johnson since he could run the court and was such a quick jumper. Being a Soph and thinking he has this year and two more there is a lot of time for more growth

Kokomo defeated a fairly good Lafayette Jeff team in Saturday’s Logansport sectional championship. Quite a box score for Flory with a triple double.
30-14-10 blocks! The final score was 49-42.

My grandson played against him earlier in the year, and I'm not that all impressed with him. Awkward, lack of footwork, indecisive, and right now I'd say Indiana Wesleyan would be a great fit for him. Just my opinion from sitting under the basket and watching him. His advantage....6'10" which I will agree with you on. But he does have two more years to improve.

Last edited:
In the new Rivals 2024 rankings Flory is #6 in the country and a 5*. Has him listed at 6’9” 220. Early offers were WF and Creighton.

Kentucky starting to get in the mix.

I am shocked!

ForcefulEdibleHogget-size_restricted.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Do Dah Day
So what is the story as to why Purdue and IU aren't getting involved here? I've seen cryptic comments about Mark Adams, but I don't know much about him or why that means some schools are looking the other way. It's odd that he's been known for over a year now and he's clearly a top 50 talent, but there has been minor interest from high majors to this point.

So what is the story as to why Purdue and IU aren't getting involved here? I've seen cryptic comments about Mark Adams, but I don't know much about him or why that means some schools are looking the other way. It's odd that he's been known for over a year now and he's clearly a top 50 talent, but there has been minor interest from high majors to this point.
Anytime one of the Adams is involved it’s kind of shady. Remember AHOPE? Crean got in trouble a bit with them. It involved Peter Jerkin and Hanner. Scott Drew was involved too. That’s when Indiana High school coaches soured on both. I’m not saying that’s the reason but it might.

Anytime one of the Adams is involved it’s kind of shady. Remember AHOPE? Crean got in trouble a bit with them. It involved Peter Jerkin and Hanner. Scott Drew was involved too. That’s when Indiana High school coaches soured on both. I’m not saying that’s the reason but it might.
I'm out of the loop here. Is this the coach of Tx Tech?

It is Drew Adams at Bradley
THX!
No. Adams was AHOPE and indiana elite. His son(drew adams) was a video coordinator under Crean. Some cheating and shady stuff happened.(not sure what). All I know is Scott Drew threw a fit about Hanner and the rest is history. Not sure all the specifics.
THX!

Kid is the real deal.

My grandson played against him earlier in the year, and I'm not that all impressed with him. Awkward, lack of footwork, indecisive, and right now I'd say Indiana Wesleyan would be a great fit for him. Just my opinion from sitting under the basket and watching him. His advantage....6'10" which I will agree with you on. But he does have two more years to improve.
Glad you dont work for a recruiting service...Lets go Indiana Wesleyan!

Twin doesn’t specify: after reading this again is it possible that Twin is not impressed with his own grandson?!?

Wow, that’s harsh, but best wishes to your grandson at Indiana Wesleyan.

Last edited:
Twin doesn’t specify: after reading this again is it possible that Twin is not impressed with his own grandson?!?

Wow, that’s harsh, but best wishes to your grandson at Indiana Wesleyan.
There's a reason you support players fleeing police, drinking and driving, lying to the cops and letting them suffer no consequences. You just displayed that.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierfanJM
There's a reason you support players fleeing police, drinking and driving, lying to the cops and letting them suffer no consequences. You just displayed that.

1) I do not support any of those things.
2) Trying to clarify whether your grandson is 6'10" and considering Indiana Wesleyan is not a display of support for any of those things.

Happy to have cleared that up for you. Now, let's agree that this thread is about Bidunga and get back on topic (c'mon, man)!

Last edited:
1) I do not support any of those things.
2) Trying to clarify whether your grandson is 6'10" and considering Indiana Wesleyan is not a display of support for any of those things.

Happy to have cleared that up for you. Now, let's agree that this thread is about Bidunga and get back on topic (c'mon, man)!
No, he's not 6'10. Might grow to 6'6...maybe. And IWU is one heck of a basketball progam if either of the players wanted to go there.

For a guy likely a 1 & done, and NOT a Purdue target, sure see alot of posts about him.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT