ADVERTISEMENT

Alot of rumblings on the IU board about

Mar 3, 2020
Purdue, Wisconsin, Rutgers and other schools making it difficult for other big 10 teams to recruit top level talent. because kids don't want to play in a league that allows so much holding and physical play that the aforementioned schools like to play. do you think there is any validity to the argument?

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
Northwestern of any school did the most holding last year. Purdue especially Edey was hurt by the constant holding and grabbing that went on.
You are "spot on" with that comment Purduedavie. I lost a lot of respect for Chris Collins last year and the crap that he used to contain Zach Edey. No one in the Big 10 played as dirty as Northwestern last year.

Trying to be objective here, think that Purdue shed the "handsy and grabbing" label of defense around the time Kramer graduated. With rule changes (or supposed rule enforcement) seems like I heard Painter acknowledge such and instruct his guys to approach it differently

When you look at some of the all big ten type of defenders Purdue has had since Kramer - Rapheal Davis, Dakota, Nojel - none of them seem to be as grabbing and holding like what was allowed when Kramer or Aaron Craft from OSU played.

Do some teams still do it? Of course. Someone already mentioned Northwestern, definitely them and I'd say Rutgers and Wisc too are the 3 worst offenders, of which you can expect that crap pretty much each season.

Now if you wanna say the B10 style as a whole could potentially turn certain recruits off, I'd agree. The entire league is phsysical and the inconsistency of how games are called affect all teams in the league. I also don't expect a handful of IU knobs on a message board to be objective, and therefore for them to group Purdue with the likes of NU, Wisc, etc is par for the course.

Iu fans need to stop they can't recruit so this is the reason they missing on recruit s lol
well, they point to the lack of success in March for the big 10, Keady and now Painter generally didn't recruit as well as other schools in the big, so they had to do what they had to do to win. normally a team with less physical talent can overcome it by muddling the game up and play at a slower physical pace. the sec for example is looked upon as a lesser league historically. but their tournament performance out paces the big 10 almost every year for the last 20.

Purdue, Wisconsin, Rutgers and other schools making it difficult for other big 10 teams to recruit top level talent. because kids don't want to play in a league that allows so much holding and physical play that the aforementioned schools like to play. do you think there is any validity to the argument?
No think it is an excuse of an ignorant fanbase. One that thinks each year they will win the BT , but doesn't happen. IU Sucks!

The whole B10, iu included, is a MMA basketball league with the incompetent refs & commissioner that allow it.

This is not new to anyone. Old news.

This does hurt recruiting of the very elite top 25 kids, most who go elsewhere. Also part of the reason the B10 has only had like 8 teams in the championship game in over 20 years.

You are "spot on" with that comment Purduedavie. I lost a lot of respect for Chris Collins last year and the crap that he used to contain Zach Edey. No one in the Big 10 played as dirty as Northwestern last year.
Agreed, it wasn’t so much dirty though, it was fouls that didn’t get called. I don’t blame Collins for doing it, they got away with it all game. I always considered NW my second favorite Big Ten team, after that game not so much!

Reactions: wallyboiler79
lol. Why would we care what the gap-tooths think about us? It's not enough for little brother to whine about big brother on their trailer park board, they now feel the need to bring it here?

Reactions: delarno
One fan mentioned Purdue in that group, just one.
You’re an idiot and you need to be shunned away from our board. Can we get some mods to clean this mess up?

Combine it also with the abominably abysmal and inconsistent officiating......and there you go.

IU was as guilty as about anyone for their extremely physical defense.

Purdue has been one of the least handsy defensive teams (and also not all that good) the last few years. ***

hes-right-you-know-morgan-freeman.gif

Out trolling today are we? 😂

Reactions: pboiler18
The whole B10, iu included, is a MMA basketball league with the incompetent refs & commissioner that allow it.

This is not new to anyone. Old news.

This does hurt recruiting of the very elite top 25 kids, most who go elsewhere. Also part of the reason the B10 has only had like 8 teams in the championship game in over 20 years.
thanks for the response without all the name calling, some of your compatriots on here lead angry lives.

IU has played more physical defense than Purdue the last few years.

well, they point to the lack of success in March for the big 10, Keady and now Painter generally didn't recruit as well as other schools in the big, so they had to do what they had to do to win. normally a team with less physical talent can overcome it by muddling the game up and play at a slower physical pace. the sec for example is looked upon as a lesser league historically. but their tournament performance out paces the big 10 almost every year for the last 20.
I think that you are missing the point. In the St. Peter's game last year, Purdue was victimized by St. Peter's physically mauling Purdue, not the inverse. Your argument is contradicted by the facts.

If you want to consider a more correct explanation for the Big Ten's shortfalls in the tournament, I suggest that the physicality allowed during the conference games wears down players. Loyer and Smith were beaten up by the time that they got to the tournament. That fatigue affected their shooting and general play. Big Ten teams that were older, thus having more physically developed players, did better as they were less likely to be worn down.

Iu fans need to stop they can't recruit so this is the reason they missing on recruit s lol
I think the team that can't recruit is Purdue you got all these slow slow on athletic guards and an ogre at center you're not going anywhere in the NCAA tournament oh yeah an Indiana just letting the top 10 recruits so so much for them not being able to recruit right.

Indinia is the worst at holding. That’s why most of their games are in 50s-60s. Indinia hand checks more than anyone. Galloway is the worst. He constantly has a hand on the offensive player. I don’t understand why they always get away with it.

I think the team that can't recruit is Purdue you got all these slow slow on athletic guards and an ogre at center you're not going anywhere in the NCAA tournament oh yeah an Indiana just letting the top 10 recruits so so much for them not being able to recruit right.
I am assuming that the "ogre" to whom you were referring is the NPOY. I get it - you don't think that he is much of a player when compared to someone who has not played one minute of college basketball.

The degree of 'insight" in your post is truly breath-taking. You are clearly a member of The Brothers Dimm.

Last edited:
I am assuming that the "ogre" to whom you were referring is the NPOY. I get it - you don't think that he is much of a player when compared to someone who has not played one minute of college basketball.

The degree of 'insight" in your post is truly breath-taking. You are clearly a member of The Brothers Dimm.
[
can't defend that clown not sure what he was even trying to say. there are idiots on both sides.

I'm sure recruits are afraid of Smith, Loyer, and Morton roughing them up on the perimeter....

U must have graduated from IU. IU Sucks!

Indinia is the worst at holding. That’s why most of their games are in 50s-60s. Indinia hand checks more than anyone. Galloway is the worst. He constantly has a hand on the offensive player. I don’t understand why they always get away with it.
Indiana, as much as you call iu fans stupid you should learn to spell the name of your home state.

Can another clownpants troll who speaks gibberish translate this to general-studies-level English for this poster? He is really struggling to say something.

thanks for the response without all the name calling, some of your compatriots on here lead angry lives.

You come here TO stir up shit.
Post what you think are provocative things, and then are butt hurt when Boilers take offense at your (typical) iu mentality and lack of thought in your posts.
Try a clue.........

Indiana, as much as you call iu fans stupid you should learn to spell the name of your home state.
To answer your post:

1. It is not my home state but I do know how to spell it;
2. A previous post has explained to you that the misspelling was done on an IU football jersey with a photo showing it;
3. Since you have been previously advised of the source and reason for the misspelling, your failure to acknowledge it strongly suggests that you are intentionally stirring up trouble.

Trying to be objective here, think that Purdue shed the "handsy and grabbing" label of defense around the time Kramer graduated. With rule changes (or supposed rule enforcement) seems like I heard Painter acknowledge such and instruct his guys to approach it differently

When you look at some of the all big ten type of defenders Purdue has had since Kramer - Rapheal Davis, Dakota, Nojel - none of them seem to be as grabbing and holding like what was allowed when Kramer or Aaron Craft from OSU played.

Do some teams still do it? Of course. Someone already mentioned Northwestern, definitely them and I'd say Rutgers and Wisc too are the 3 worst offenders, of which you can expect that crap pretty much each season.

Now if you wanna say the B10 style as a whole could potentially turn certain recruits off, I'd agree. The entire league is phsysical and the inconsistency of how games are called affect all teams in the league. I also don't expect a handful of IU knobs on a message board to be objective, and therefore for them to group Purdue with the likes of NU, Wisc, etc is par for the course.
IU since Woodson is physical

Northwestern of any school did the most holding last year. Purdue especially Edey was hurt by the constant holding and grabbing that went on.
Good Lord, how many weeks did Big Maple have that deep scratch on his right bicep after the NW game???

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
This is not about particular teams. Some teams are more grabby some years ( last year Northwestern, Purdue a number of years back). It’s a league issue and how the refs call the games. They allow all this crap and apparently the league is good with that. So coaches end up with a tilt toward recruiting more physical, but less quick and athletic players who are better suited to play through and dish out pushing, grabbing, handsy and smacking. Plus as stated many of the great athletes don’t want to play in the BIG. The only way it changes is if the league wants it to and makes it happen.

Reactions: DualGrad
This is not about particular teams. Some teams are more grabby some years ( last year Northwestern, Purdue a number of years back). It’s a league issue and how the refs call the games. They allow all this crap and apparently the league is good with that. So coaches end up with a tilt toward recruiting more physical, but less quick and athletic players who are better suited to play through and dish out pushing, grabbing, handsy and smacking. Plus as stated many of the great athletes don’t want to play in the BIG. The only way it changes is if the league wants it to and makes it happen.
Completely agree. Also agree it's a detriment to the b10 in the tourney. We were not a grabby team last year and I can see edey taking into account the way he got mauled last year into his decision to stay or go. If anything it hurt purdue last year and depending on what edey decides this year.

LOL. Yep, your own team spelled it Indinia on a foodball jersey. It was captured on national news. But some IU fans weren't smart enough to realize it was spelled wrong until the internet pointed it out to them.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
How do you think you win,it's not having good players.

Speaking of ogres, someone recently reposted Courtsense’s doxxing on another site. Brutal, even for him. No wonder he feels the need to lie so much.

ADVERTISEMENT