ADVERTISEMENT

Almost giddy about the future

paintball1979

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2008
Haarms , ED, Carsen, Eastern and a player to be named later. Almost would have to put Cline with that group to provide more shooting.
Gives you Wheeler, Willams, Eifert, Ewing, Taylor back ups to choose from for front court help and Sasha and Hunter for the backcourt help.
Some would question ED starting but 2 rim protectors at the same time would be interesting. I think he is going to be a stud.

It's hard not to be excited about the future based on what we have seen so far. There is a lot of basketball left, but CMP seems to have the pieces in place for a good run this year and a solid foundation going forward.

The game has changed dramatically since CMP became our coach and he is adapting to those changes in the type of players he is going after and getting. I can't wait to see it all pan out.

My guess for next years starters would be Eastern, Edwards, Williams , Haarms and probably Cline to start the year. If Wheeler can develop his game enough to start that would be ideal but I don't see him catching senior Cline as hard as Clines seems to have been working. Williams skill set seems far ahead of ED. We will see if he can adjust as a freshman but I the a front court of Haarms and Williams would give you 2 hybrid 4/5s that could fill either roll and really keep teams off balance.

Next years team is going to be fun to watch at times and likely frustrating more often. I love Eastern's mix of size and quickness but I'm real glad the team isn't reliant on him as a freshman. Next year some of those freshmen are probably going stuck in and struggle.

Next year, the Eastern - Edwards combination will be dreaded by our opponents. We will hear the lamentations of their women... etc.

Cline will be the designated senior starter, and contribute his assassin's dagger at least once per game.

The front line is where the questions will line up. Haarms of course, but which forward will par with him? I am betting it will be Ewing, but Wheeler is close and will be first off the bench. After that, we are down to green freshmen in Williams or Dow.

Next year we will be talented, but green once you get past the starters. Oops! I forgot about Taylor. Maybe we won't be as green and thin as I thought.

Reactions: punaj
Next year, the Eastern - Edwards combination will be dreaded by our opponents. We will hear the lamentations of their women... etc.

Cline will be the designated senior starter, and contribute his assassin's dagger at least once per game.

The front line is where the questions will line up. Haarms of course, but which forward will par with him? I am betting it will be Ewing, but Wheeler is close and will be first off the bench. After that, we are down to green freshmen in Williams or Dow.

Next year we will be talented, but green once you get past the starters. Oops! I forgot about Taylor. Maybe we won't be as green and thin as I thought.
Taylor is the wild card next year. If he can stay healthy he might be a clear cut starter.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
Hopefully it works out and we get him. We are looking a whole lot more attractive right now than is Depaul.

Haarms , ED, Carsen, Eastern and a player to be named later. Almost would have to put Cline with that group to provide more shooting.
Gives you Wheeler, Willams, Eifert, Ewing, Taylor back ups to choose from for front court help and Sasha and Hunter for the backcourt help.
Some would question ED starting but 2 rim protectors at the same time would be interesting. I think he is going to be a stud.
Let me ask this...if someone were to leave early, who would it be? Carsen is talented, but his size limits him....I would argue that the only one on the roster that what would cut out early is Haarms....obvious size, extremely agile for that size, has and outside shot and can put it on the floor...he was a steal....would hate to see him get on NBA scouts radar.

Ok....I guess I understand...why? No TIC, I want to know why...did u expect him to look this good through 3 games? What’s his ceiling?
If biggie was near the bottom of the first round... After he stayed an extra year.. Do the math. And how many go after their junior year?

Ok....I guess I understand...why? No TIC, I want to know why...did u expect him to look this good through 3 games? What’s his ceiling?
His ceiling is first team all American... So what? How many others have the same ceiling at this point? And I love him... Just reality

Reactions: cjf04
If biggie was near the bottom of the first round... After he stayed an extra year.. Do the math.
I wish there was math to do....he’s 7’3”, Biggie was a tweener according to the NBA....I hate the NBA...but he never figured in their “math” to transfer to that level....Haarms does transfer, good, bad or otherwise....

I wish there was math to do....he’s 7’3”, Biggie was a tweener according to the NBA....I hate the NBA...but he never figured in their “math” to transfer to that level....Haarms does transfer, good, bad or otherwise....
You asked, I answered... He goes after 4 years

Reactions: cjf04
His ceiling is first team all American... So what? How many others have the same ceiling at this point? And I love him... Just reality
Biggie made his future based on hard work and heart....love his game, but he is the exception.

You asked, I answered... He goes after 4 years
Hope ur right, solid insight! Enjoy the night and the games, always fun to discuss!

A PG would be a nice addition. Maybe we can land a really good 5th year PG in the spring/summer?!!

He will turn 24 before the draft if he plays 4 years. I think he leaves one year earlier, with his degree, to either play in the NBA or in Europe. Can’t use up that many prime years playing
for free.
Ah, had not considered that. That's a real possibility then.

Don't forget about Sasha, I didn't get to see him in WUG play but it sounds like he is a little more athletic Dakota. Giving Sasha a year to learn how Dakota went from nameless Ohio kid to an All-B1G team most likely, and add a little extra ability has me excited for next year on top of the other returning pieces.

I think Haarms may be ready after his junior year, so perhaps he leaves a year early. Maybe after his sophomore year, but I doubt it. Hope he stays all 4 years, but you never know. Liking what I am seeing from our team so far this year. Things are definitely looking up!

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Don't forget about Sasha, I didn't get to see him in WUG play but it sounds like he is a little more athletic Dakota. Giving Sasha a year to learn how Dakota went from nameless Ohio kid to an All-B1G team most likely, and add a little extra ability has me excited for next year on top of the other returning pieces.
Dakota ended up in the Rivals 150, not sure that qualifies as “nameless”.

Let me ask this...if someone were to leave early, who would it be? Carsen is talented, but his size limits him....I would argue that the only one on the roster that what would cut out early is Haarms....obvious size, extremely agile for that size, has and outside shot and can put it on the floor...he was a steal....would hate to see him get on NBA scouts radar.
He’s not staying off of the NBA radar by playing at Purdue. Scouts will know all about him.

He’s not staying off of the NBA radar by playing at Purdue. Scouts will know all about him.
I was in Mackey and Mollenkopft every day for 6 years, including summers. Every NBA/NFL team has a scout for this region. He stops by with Bagels, yes, always bagels, at least every two weeks. He hangs around, stops by each coach's office, watches some film, does Scouting kinds of stuff ...

Wanted to bring this post back to the fore front, maybe some others are coming around to my way of thinking regarding Haarms and his potential going forward....not that I want him to leave, I just see something that will carry him to the next level sooner than we would like....Mitch McGary left early because "they" thought it was a good idea.

Reactions: BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT