ADVERTISEMENT

Alamo and Sun Bowls

goboilers2

All-American
Sep 26, 2001
St Augustine
I wish the B1G would realign themselves with the two Texas bowls. I went to both the OSU and KSU Alamo Bowls and both the Washington and Washington St Sun Bowls. The four were certainly more enjoyable than the Rose and Citrus Bowls. Tampa was enjoyable as well, with exception of blowing the large lead and letting Georgia get the biggest comeback in history (BTW, that field goal was good).

I wish the B1G would realign themselves with the two Texas bowls. I went to both the OSU and KSU Alamo Bowls and both the Washington and Washington St Sun Bowls. The four were certainly more enjoyable than the Rose and Citrus Bowls. Tampa was enjoyable as well, with exception of blowing the large lead and letting Georgia get the biggest comeback in history (BTW, that field goal was good).
Definitely the Alamo Bowl, kinda "meh" on the Sun bowl (maybe because it was the destination 3 times in like 5 years?) Alamo did a tremendous job and the Riverwalk was the icing on the cake.

The KSU Alamo Bowl was an exciting game, I enjoyed the Rose Bowl because it wasn’t the Midwest with its crappy winter weather but the Music City Bowl vs TN was extremely exciting. I plan to go to any future bowls if at all possible because of how this bowl season sucks with no Boilermakers playing.

Reactions: goboilers2
I was at the KSU Alamo and the UGA Outback. That Alamo Bowl was one of the most fun trips of my life. Too bad bowl games are completely meaningless now and I'll never attend another one.
And when Purdue does make another bowl game it will be meaningless as any good players will opt out. It won’t be the same team playing in that bowl game.

And when Purdue does make another bowl game it will be meaningless as any good players will opt out. It won’t be the same team playing in that bowl game.
I hated it when Tiller asserted years ago that Purdue treated lower-tier bowl games as nothing more than a relaxing reward for a long regular season, but it’s now obvious that is the prevalent attitude in CFB

Definitely the Alamo Bowl, kinda "meh" on the Sun bowl (maybe because it was the destination 3 times in like 5 years?) Alamo did a tremendous job and the Riverwalk was the icing on the cake.
Agree about going to the Sun too many times in a short span. I was impressed by their hospitality at the events, though. The stadium, while old, was loud. The WSU game was probably the most enjoyable, with exception of the final score.

Now that I live in Jacksonville, I am holding out hope for a Gator Bowl. All that is up in the air right now with the new stadium plans, assuming it really happens. Jaguars will be without a home for at least a year. I expect two games in London, and possibly Gainesville as the temporary home field.

I was at that Outback bowl game in Tampa.

Yep, I can't wait to go to our next bowl game and watch our third string QB play while 9 other starters sit out to promote their NFL aspirations.......

We were near the end zone where Purdue scored the winning TD against Kansas State.....that game was bonkers with the back and forth big swings of momentum. Colvin and Okeafor caused a LOT of havoc as well.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
College football, by allowing bowl op-outs, and also allowing the transfer portal and coach hirings to occur during the same time as post season bowl games, have really killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

What if players could announce their intention to transfer but be allowed to play for their current team? I doubt any player that entered the portal have actually started attended classes at their new school.

I think of the portal as sort of like the NBA draft. Players announce for the draft, but they continue to play for their college teams. They may leave school early. They may not. Why can’t the portal operate the same way? As long as they are attending classes and haven’t enrolled at their new school yet, allow them to play!

The Purdue player who announced he was going to transfer before the IU game should have been allowed to play in that game.

McChord should have played for osu

What if players could announce their intention to transfer but be allowed to play for their current team? I doubt any player that entered the portal have actually started attended classes at their new school.

I think of the portal as sort of like the NBA draft. Players announce for the draft, but they continue to play for their college teams. They may leave school early. They may not. Why can’t the portal operate the same way? As long as they are attending classes and haven’t enrolled at their new school yet, allow them to play!

The Purdue player who announced he was going to transfer before the IU game should have been allowed to play in that game.

McChord should have played for osu
I think Day ran him off showing him the door.

Yes, that FG was good.

Reactions: goboilers2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT