ADVERTISEMENT

After a night's rest and reflection

Jul 9, 2015
I still feel drained. The fact that the Wisky game was ours to lose has been hashed out repeatedly already. It seems that we have have snatched bowl appearance optimism from the jaws of a January Bowl. I am sure many are aware of this irony: Last year, we won our last 3 to become Bowl eligible; this year, we may indeed.......How ironic that both we and IU are in the EXACT same position as last year, concerning bowl eligibility; ie both needing to beat their hated rival to accomplish the task. The good guys are reeling, have frittered away that accomplishment in back-to-back meltdowns (let's face it!) The BOBs (boys of bloomington) have to be riding high, KNOWING this is their home game this year, and that our D is between vulnerable and suspect. If an old geezer alum is feeling this way the morning after, I have to imagine the feeling is widespread, hated rivals notwithstanding. IU has to be optimistic, knowing they played a top 5 team to the end, on the road. Oh, to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it...BOB 52, good guys 38.

Reactions: rgarlitz
I had things to do last night, but didn't do any of them after the game.

Just when I think a Purdue loss cannot get anymore excruciating; we lose in triple overtime. I hate it that our last score in regulation wasn't a fake field goal for a touchdown. If there was ever a play that screamed for a fake field goal it was that one. Every loss that we have had this year just seems to be unbelievably painful. As far as the IU game goes; I sure hope we can play our best and whip our little brother. If the refs don't screw us, I am going with Purdue 38, IU 28. Win or lose, it won't matter that much to me if we get good news on Monday that Coach Brohm is definitely staying at Purdue for next year!

Just when I think a Purdue loss cannot get anymore excruciating; we lose in triple overtime. I hate it that our last score in regulation wasn't a fake field goal for a touchdown. If there was ever a play that screamed for a fake field goal it was that one. Every loss that we have had this year just seems to be unbelievably painful. As far as the IU game goes; I sure hope we can play our best and whip our little brother. If the refs don't screw us, I am going with Purdue 38, IU 28. Win or lose, it won't matter that much to me if we get good news on Monday that Coach Brohm is definitely staying at Purdue for next year!
I thought a fake field goal was coming too. Then I remembered how fast their linebackers were. We would not have even made the line of scrimmage on a fake, and the game would have ended there. The field goal gave more chances to win and was the smart play.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
I noticed on a couple of the punts / kicks the players glanced at each other after seeing the way the defense was lined up and changed positions. Fakes shound not necessarily be based on timing but the way the defense was set up. I am sure if they set up a particular way we would have called it and I am sure we were looking for it and it was not there. The armchair quarterbacking after yesterday’s game is awful.

ADVERTISEMENT