ADVERTISEMENT

Abby Ellis

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Has been amazing lately, she’s my favorite player on the team, love her leadership and desire when she’s on the court. Her, Harper, Terry can all return next season, it’s assumed that Abby and Harper come back, add in another year with Terry and Madison with lots others returning and brought in and it’s possible Purdue is upper tier in the league next season. It’s funny how a few wins change things, however, winning brings confidence, if this continues maybe the momentum continues into next year and all want to return next year. I would think Purdue probably adds a portal player in the off-season as well, thoughts? It’s cold out and I’m bored lol

With an excellent class coming in I am not sure how Katie would wedge all of them into the roster and find enough time to satisfy them. I suspect we will lose some to the portal but not enough to make room for 4 or 5 newcomers and 3 or 4 returnees.

You can’t help but notice the shortened rotation in the last two big wins. Even though Petree is starting she is not getting many minutes. And off the bench it is really just Layden and Smith getting significant time. It’s hard to argue with success.

Both Layden and Smith had big makes and plays in the last quarter of the Ohio State game when the Buckeyes were charging but Purdue held them off. I think Coach KG is saying if you want time on the court, you better be there to perform in the critical minutes.

You can’t help but notice the shortened rotation in the last two big wins. Even though Petree is starting she is not getting many minutes. And off the bench it is really just Layden and Smith getting significant time. It’s hard to argue with success.

Both Layden and Smith had big makes and plays in the last quarter of the Ohio State game when the Buckeyes were charging but Purdue held them off. I think Coach KG is saying if you want time on the court, you better be there to perform in the critical minutes.
I will say this, Stoddard loves being at Purdue, she’s bummed about minutes but understands this year probably wasn’t her time, she’s been told that her minutes will increase next year, guessing Woltman will be one player that moves on if she wants the Covid year.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT