ADVERTISEMENT

A possible RB walk on!

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
His last name is Stang! He’s a RB from Wisconsin. He was named the Wisconsin Gatorade Player of the year yesterday! He doesn’t have any offers. He said he has received interest as a preferred walk on from Purdue and UW. He has a very nice story and sounds a lot like Spegal.

The story is on Yahoo sports. He’s from a small school. He made all state for his division and led his team to a state championship where he broke his collarbone! He has a nice GPA and very active in his community. He’s from Muckwanago a small town outside of Milwaukee. It seems like the Milwaukee Journal was trying to give him some free press to help his recruitment. As I said, it’s a nice, positive story.

I have no idea why there is so much hatred from this board aimed at Spegal. He may not be worthy of a scholarship, but our depth at running back is low and he’d make a great walk on. You already know his name and his high school achievements. He could be Purdue’s Rudy

He'd be a fool not to attend Wisconsin. It's in his backyard and is a running back powerhouse.
They are not running the same Wisconsin offense as in years past. Phil Longo's offense throws more than runs. Drake Maye (Longo's QB at UNC) was 4th in passing yards this season.

He'd buried further on the depth chart at Wisconsin. Purdue is not deep at that position at all.
Oh I'm well aware. I personally would rather bet on myself by putting myself in the best position with coaching and a great system that I can thrive in than take the easy path, but that's just me.

Oh I'm well aware. I personally would rather bet on myself by putting myself in the best position with coaching and a great system that I can thrive in than take the easy path, but that's just me.
At Purdue the chance of earning a scholarship and saving myself and my family thousands of dollars in the process is a much better and thoughtful plan, than building my ego. But that's just me.

OK. he's the Wisconsin Gatorade Player of the year. the award goes to players who exhibit additional activity outside of football. His actual stats were not tremendous. he supposedly has preferred walk-on offers from UW and Purdue. I have to believe both UW and Purdue have better current options at RB.

My thoughts were since Purdue lost several RBs, he might be able to fill a depth void as a walk-on. he seems like a smart athlete who is good in his community. Projecting him as a starter at either college is remote. Sometimes we need warm bodies.

You're still acting like they're going to be running the '3 yards and a cloud of dust' offense of Wisconsin past. Their offense will look nothing like the last 25 years. Their 'great system' you mention is a pass oriented attack now. On par with what Purdue ran with Brohm. Harrell's system is way more run friendly than what Fickell/Longo will run at Wisconsin.

You're still acting like they're going to be running the '3 yards and a cloud of dust' offense of Wisconsin past. Their offense will look nothing like the last 25 years. Their 'great system' you mention is a pass oriented attack now. On par with what Purdue ran with Brohm. Harrell's system is way more run friendly than what Fickell/Longo will run at Wisconsin.
You missed my previous post apparently.

Somehow, the word needs to get out to athletes and their parents that success in sports doesn’t always translate into a scholarship. This RB rushed for over 2800 yards, 42 TDs and was named the max preps player of the year and Gatorade player of the year for Wisconsin. He led his team to their state championship. And all he received were two walkon offers from uw and purdue.

Parents and players also need to know that many walkons become an integral part of their team if they keep trying.

ADVERTISEMENT