ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of JUCO news lately...

RegionWarrior101

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2014
2-1-9
Like Kansas State. Is this cause for concern that other recruits have not panned out? Sign of desperation? Good way to get in talent that can play right away? I am not sure what to make of it, I just remember it was bad at the end of the Tiller run when he was brining in 6 or so JUCO players.

Originally posted by RegionWarrior101:
Like Kansas State. Is this cause for concern that other recruits have not panned out? Sign of desperation? Good way to get in talent that can play right away? I am not sure what to make of it, I just remember it was bad at the end of the Tiller run when he was brining in 6 or so JUCO players.
As long as they pan out it is okay. Tiller brought in a lot in his early years as well.

Generally i would prefer no more than 1 or 2 a class, but they are so thin at DL and TE due to lack of recruiting i understand.

Purdue's history has been 50/50. For every Rob Ninkovich, there was a Larry Shyne. I would take 50/50 at this point. I agree we need depth. The later end of the Danny Hope era is hurting us there- remember seeing 20 guys with 1 or 2 linemen... Uhhhh.... Danny??

Purdue's history has been 50/50. For every Rob Ninkovich, there was a Larry Shyne. I would take 50/50 at this point. I agree we need depth. The later end of the Danny Hope era is hurting us there- remember seeing 20 guys with 1 or 2 linemen... Uhhhh.... Danny??
Yeah and Hazell hasnt done much to fix it, at least not on the defensive line.

I loved the Tiller startegy early on...

Recruit athletes to play the secondary, recruit safeties to play LB, recruit LBs to be DE, recruit DE to be DT, recruit DT to play OL, recruit TE to play OL. It worked.

Recruit athletes to play the secondary, recruit safeties to play LB, recruit LBs to be DE, recruit DE to be DT, recruit DT to play OL, recruit TE to play OL. It worked.

And then recruit Drew Brees.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

True but look at the Colletto guys that a position switch made them $$$

Matt Light TE to NFL Tackle
Chike Okeafor LB to NFL Defensive End
Brandon Gorin DE to NFL Tackle

Re: True but look at the Colletto guys that a position switch made them $$$

That say more about recruiting evaluation and player development than a specific strategy when its team wide like that.

Re: True but look at the Colletto guys that a position switch made them $$$

Originally posted by boiler17:

That say more about recruiting evaluation and player development than a specific strategy when its team wide like that.
This. Hope was the guy behind SOME of those flips and development too.

He just couldn't pull those off successfully when he was the head guy here.

Its not a flawed strategy when it works!

ADVERTISEMENT