ADVERTISEMENT

A little off season humor

Oct 15, 2007
‘91 Alum here and true story. So I’m standing in the meat section at Publix here in Tampa with my Purdue shirt on when I hear “ we gonna whip u boys this year in B town”. I look to the left, nothing. I look to the right and there is this 60 year old hill jack with a beer gut the size of a basketball wearing a red IU football shirt that is two sizes too small. I said “ are you talking to me Sir?”. He says “yeah we gonna get revenge this year in B town”. I simply replied “with a 2-10 record I admire your enthusiasm, have a nice day Sir”. His smile exposing several teeth missing, dissipated and he looked like he lost his best friend.

IU Football, the gift that keeps on giving, even from 1000 miles away..

‘91 Alum here and true story. So I’m standing in the meat section at Publix here in Tampa with my Purdue shirt on when I hear “ we gonna whip u boys this year in B town”. I look to the left, nothing. I look to the right and there is this 60 year old hill jack with a beer gut the size of a basketball wearing a red IU football shirt that is two sizes too small. I said “ are you talking to me Sir?”. He says “yeah we gonna get revenge this year in B town”. I simply replied “with a 2-10 record I admire your enthusiasm, have a nice day Sir”. His smile exposing several teeth missing, dissipated and he looked like he lost his best friend.

IU Football, the gift that keeps on giving, even from 1000 miles away..
go to old st Pete distillery … owned by Purdue alum

Reactions: boilersteve91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT