ADVERTISEMENT

A Democrat assessment of Harris’s economic plan

TheGunner

All-American
Aug 30, 2001
"This is not sensible policy” …Former Obama administration economist Jason Furman on Friday slammed Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris’s price control scheme

They are wrong. Corporate greed like I always said. Companies feel the need to charge more when the demand is high.
Please site where this is stated in the article. When demand is high, manufacturers can add to pricing and ask workers to work overtime and pass the costs on to consumers, but it’s the demand for the products that drive pricing not greed.

So when toilet paper demand increases are stores and manufacturers supposed to just leave the shelves bare? No. Kroger. Walmart and Meijer order more. The suppliers add shifts or at some point work OT make the toilet paper and thus costs go up.

But I’m sure you are right and the SF Fed is wrong.

Even Obama’s economic advisor says you’re wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinDegrees2
They are wrong. Corporate greed like I always said. Companies feel the need to charge more when the demand is high.
LOL. Did you actually read this ?

“Historically, governments have also implemented measures like price controls to cap costs for specific goods, with limited success.”

Please site where this is stated in the article. When demand is high, manufacturers can add to pricing and ask workers to work overtime and pass the costs on to consumers, but it’s the demand for the products that drive pricing not greed.

So when toilet paper demand increases are stores and manufacturers supposed to just leave the shelves bare? No. Kroger. Walmart and Meijer order more. The suppliers add shifts or at some point work OT make the toilet paper and thus costs go up.

But I’m sure you are right and the SF Fed is wrong.

Even Obama’s economic advisor says you’re wrong.
The part where they pass the increase to the consumers. They don’t have to that.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGunner
The part where they pass the increase to the consumers. They don’t have to that.
So do you believe companies are making more profit and gouging consumers or are you saying companies should take accept less profit when costs increase?

If you believe the latter part of my question, (aka accept less profit)…that’s why companies go bankrupt.

So do you believe companies are making more profit and gouging consumers or are you saying companies should take accept less profit when costs increase?

If you believe the latter part of my question, (aka accept less profit)…that’s why companies go bankrupt.
Companies are making more profit and gouging consumers.

I’m hoping you’re just trolling, and not actually this ignorant. And that you didn’t somehow pass an Econ class at Purdue.

Do you realize that profit margins in the grocery business (on food) are 1-2% ?

Do you realize that Nixon tried price controls in the early 1970s?

Any comment here @BNIBoiler ?

Last edited:
Companies are making more profit and gouging consumers.
Okay, let's try this one more time.... using farmers

1. When Fuel costs rise.
Costs of manufacturing rise with it because it has to, to keep up with inflation
2. That raises the farmers and manufacturers cost.
For the farmer, his seed costs and fertilizer costs explode. Farmers don't work on great margins to begin with. His diesel costs go up, tire costs go up, weed killer costs go up, etc.

And you believe he can simply eat those costs and still survive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT