ADVERTISEMENT

9th Place is not Acceptable

mathboy

All-American
Feb 4, 2004
Michigan
I think there is sufficient talent on this team to win, but the coaching staff seems to be holding them back. I am disappointed in the current staff, both in their recruiting and especially in their game coaching. I used to think Sharon had a good X & O skill, but I don't see it translated into results on the court. Placing 8-9th in the BIG is simply unacceptable for Purdue.

I say we go after the Louisville coach. He is good, but mostly I want to see the Louisville fans squirm.

:cool:

Reactions: Gesysp
THis season has been up and down for sure, but heading in the wrong direction at a time when things should be stabilizing/improving. Feel bad for the players - the “adults in the room” are letting them down.
As for Jeff Walz, he’s pretty darn happy where he is. I don’t see him leaving UofL any time soon, for anywhere. Maybe Maryland, as he was an assistant there before coming to Louisville... they are one of only 2 B10 teams ranked in top 25. The ACC is strong. 6 teams ranked in top 25. It’s a better league, today.

Would I love to have him? Absolutely. He’s a dynamo, excellent recruiter and x’s and o’s coach. I go to a couple UL games each year, and yeah, I’m jealous of what they have built there - and seem to be sustaining at a high level. Just don’t think he’d be interested in Purdue, but then again, we did grab a home-run hire in Jeff Brohm.....

Reactions: Gesysp
I think there is sufficient talent on this team to win, but the coaching staff seems to be holding them back. I am disappointed in the current staff, both in their recruiting and especially in their game coaching. I used to think Sharon had a good X & O skill, but I don't see it translated into results on the court. Placing 8-9th in the BIG is simply unacceptable for Purdue.

I say we go after the Louisville coach. He is good, but mostly I want to see the Louisville fans squirm.

:cool:

I just don’t know how the AD can overlook this - especially when you review his comments on his expectations for the program. Also, we failed to live up to Versyp’s own expectations based on her preseason assessment and goals. Time for the next chapter!

Reactions: Carolsh
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT