ADVERTISEMENT

6.5 min of scrimmage yesterday…

Lots of fighting and jockeying for positional playing time. More aggressive play and seeking of shots by several players. Cox and Harris look good but cox had a few turnovers while playing point. Not much from Benter, which could lead you to speculate on him red shirting. Fletch definitely more aggressive on attacking off of picks and curling to initiate offense. Braden seeking more scoring opportunities. Myles shot is pretty and I think he’ll look to attack the basket this year…

In a “no way overreaction”…

The Beard looks different (in a good way)—-hunting his shot and aggressive.

DJ - if he can hit that mid range off the PnR and hit the sky hook in the lane, he’s gonna be tough for the other team

Loyer - finishing at the rim and being automatic from 3

Colvin - at the 3:50 mark decides to dunk on everyone and gets fouled. He was automatic from the corner 3s he took.

Heide - need more highlights from him but expecting him to be our main defensive guy on athletic wings/stretch 4s.

Harris - looked like he was handling the rock a lot and looked good

Cox - got himself in a bit of trouble which he will learn from but that middy is 💯

TKR - not too many highlights here but looks to be his solid self and I think will surprise the rest of the country

Berg - looked good. A bit slow. But hopefully can pick it up

Burgess - man I wish we had mins for him this year and maybe he will play over furst or berg. He’s going to be good.

What’d I miss?!?

Reactions: Schnelk
Lots of fighting and jockeying for positional playing time. More aggressive play and seeking of shots by several players. Cox and Harris look good but cox had a few turnovers while playing point. Not much from Benter, which could lead you to speculate on him red shirting. Fletch definitely more aggressive on attacking off of picks and curling to initiate offense. Braden seeking more scoring opportunities. Myles shot is pretty and I think he’ll look to attack the basket this year…
I see we agree haha

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
I liked what I saw from Cox. I did see the turnovers, but give him time and I think he’s going to be a handful. I won’t be surprised if in a few years people across the country are going to be wondering how he could have been so overlooked during the recruiting process.

Per the video.....So we should expect 85% shooting then?

Yes that will work.

So checked the roster on this site....not up to date.
Who is 0? That kid is a baller.
Had a TO, but he is a bucket maker.

Last edited:
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I liked what I saw from Cox. I did see the turnovers, but give him time and I think he’s going to be a handful. I won’t be surprised if in a few years people across the country are going to be wondering how he could have been so overlooked during the recruiting process.
I’m high on cox as well and overall think he looked good except for the turnovers. My point was if they weren’t exceptions and he has a few more than others it will be considered in his bid for playing time. I believe both Harris and Cox are great pickups going forward and may possibly contribute this year.

I’m high on cox as well and overall think he looked good except for the turnovers. My point was if they weren’t exceptions and he has a few more than others it will be considered in his bid for playing time. I believe both Harris and Cox are great pickups going forward and may possibly contribute this year.

You know CMP will absolutely not tolerate the TOs. So that won't fly, but I like his aggression. Bucket maker. Scoring will get him PT, but the TOs will get him bench time

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Starters?

TKR, Heide, Colvin, Fletch and the Beard?

Is that the plan?
Potentially…I know paint usually goes with same lineup all year but he has so many options this year. I just don’t have a clue.

It probably will be what you mentioned if I had to bet…with Colvin and DJ being the 6 and 7 guys off the bench

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
In a “no way overreaction”…

The Beard looks different (in a good way)—-hunting his shot and aggressive.

DJ - if he can hit that mid range off the PnR and hit the sky hook in the lane, he’s gonna be tough for the other team

Loyer - finishing at the rim and being automatic from 3

Colvin - at the 3:50 mark decides to dunk on everyone and gets fouled. He was automatic from the corner 3s he took.

Heide - need more highlights from him but expecting him to be our main defensive guy on athletic wings/stretch 4s.

Harris - looked like he was handling the rock a lot and looked good

Cox - got himself in a bit of trouble which he will learn from but that middy is 💯

TKR - not too many highlights here but looks to be his solid self and I think will surprise the rest of the country

Berg - looked good. A bit slow. But hopefully can pick it up

Burgess - man I wish we had mins for him this year and maybe he will play over furst or berg. He’s going to be good.

What’d I miss?!?
Saw some Myles defense (!!!!) and TKR 3 off the pick and pop around the 2:10 mark.

My observations

Harris - going to get a bunch of minutes. Running 1&2 with Smith is going to be lethal combination.

Cox - silky smooth jumper and generally good handles but has to be more careful with the ball

I like that we have 2 potential options to spell Braden. Think that will help as the season goes on.

Berg - looked decent but a little slow.

Jacobsen - he is going to take minutes from Berg. He is legit but worry about physically being able to handle the brunt of the workload.

Colvin - looks more comfortable on the floor in general.

Should be fun season. I expect the start to be a little wonky as we figure out lineups and rotations. Honestly, we have enough talent to do hockey style lineup changes 😂

Potentially…I know paint usually goes with same lineup all year but he has so many options this year. I just don’t have a clue.

It probably will be what you mentioned if I had to bet…with Colvin and DJ being the 6 and 7 guys off the bench
I had Colvin starting, not off the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT