ADVERTISEMENT

#5 in this week's poll.

It's nice recognition for a great holiday tournament performance. But, I suppose we should also acknowledge that early volatility in the polls is normal and reflects how little we know about how the season will shake out.

I will say this: Purdue's guard play has already shown a high ceiling. I don't expect it to be this rosy every time out for the next 30 games. But, Fletcher Loyer has shown he can shoot against quality opponents. Ethan Morton can handle the ball. And Braden Smith can get to the rim. Purdue will need all of that in the B1G. They'll all probably go through rough spots. But, they've shown they can do it.

i made one bandwagon duke fan upset asking him what the duke score was and then after asking said burp....... boiler up

i can be very annoying in a good way

Reactions: mathboy
I release my Top 25 about an hour ahead of the AP... They were pretty close to mine. All the same teams except I have WVU in at 25(they 28th) and they have SDSU in while they were basically my #26 team.

I release my Top 25 about an hour ahead of the AP... They were pretty close to mine. All the same teams except I have WVU in at 25(they 28th) and they have SDSU in while they were basically my #26 team.
I would have ranked uconn at 6, but otherwise agree with your poll. Well done sir.

Reactions: IMSKRONG
Why is Houston number 1? Come on man! They have yet to play a ranked team as far as I can tell. Just their weak schedule to this point should disqualify them from being number 1!
They have a nice win at Oregon but that's about it. They get Alabama and Virginia in December before conference play that doesn't seem that challenging this year.

Houston going to #1 is simply a function of a lot of voters moving up #2 when #1 loses.

Good time to bring this up again this year. 20 unbeatens left, including such powers like Seattle and Southern Miss.

Reactions: TX4GB
3 unbeatens play tonight with 2 underdogs:

Mississippi St -24.5 vs Omaha
Sam Houston St +4.5 @ Nevada
Seattle +5 @ Washington

Epitome of talking heads not knowing much at the start of a season.

I suppose you knew Purdue was a top ten team before the season?

I guess I thought maybe 25-40th nationally & 4th-6th in the B10, which I also thought might be weak conference this year. I was, wrong, wrong & wrong. So I will cut the talking heads some slack.

Reactions: Steve83 and ejs1111
Rankings matter
Who cares really
Just keep winning
Rankings matter for exposure and perception of a program with recruits and casual fans … there are plenty of news and social media that literally ONLY cover the top 25 out of convenience. Blows my mind how many fans practically take pride in broadcasting that they don’t care about rankings, lol.

Just keep winning and the ranking will take care of itself. We stay undefeated through Dec (which is possible) then watch out as this team is still learning about themselves and growing more confident each game.

Drake and Kansas St lost

Utah State moving for world domination.....

TepidUnawareAndalusianhorse-max-1mb.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT