ADVERTISEMENT

#5 in this week's poll.

I expect we will pass up Arizona with their loss. Last week 25+/- of the 36 voters had Purdue ahead of Virginia with 8 of them having us in first vs 2 for Virginia. It will be close but I expect we will be right behind Virginia for 4th tomorrow. Guys paying close attention will see we played the same opponent this week and we clearly were the better team so I wouldn’t be surprised if we did leapfrog them but not likely.

Up to #4 just a few points behind UVa.
Texas hosts Illinois tomorrow night and UVA hosts Houston on 12/17. Keep winning and it seems certain that we'll be #2 or #3 by the end of the year. Seems unlikely to reach #1 in that time period unless the winner of the UVA / Houston game then gets upset elsewhere.

Texas hosts Illinois tomorrow night and UVA hosts Houston on 12/17. Keep winning and it seems certain that we'll be #2 or #3 by the end of the year. Seems unlikely to reach #1 in that time period unless the winner of the UVA / Houston game then gets upset elsewhere.
The Illinois game is in New York. So neutral court, not at Texas. Gives the Illini a better chance at least.

Reactions: northside100
This season feels less like a house of cards than last--living and dying by Jaden's heroics. This team can become a #1 ranking and hold it.

Big Man U + Team Ball + Defense lives here again.

Hopefully the guys who were there last year remember what happened and won't let it happen again. It's a different team with different attitudes. Take the #1 spot and never give it up.
Agree with this. You're not going to 'fly under the radar' when you're ranked in the top five, not sure it makes much difference if you're #3 or #1. I'd imagine that this team will lose some games, hopefully the continue playing hard and consistently doing things the right way.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT