ADVERTISEMENT

3 on 3 tournament, who wins?

Jan 3, 2015
Just for fun 94 team Glen Robinson, C Martin, B Brantley and M Waddell as the alt… vs 09 team Hummel, Moore, JJ, alt Kramer. Bottom Bracket 2018 team V. Edwards, C Edwards, I Haas, alt D Mathias vs 2022 team J. Ivey, Sasha, T. Williams ( I think he would thrive in 3 on 3) alt Gillis (quicker than Edey) Who wins this tournament? Who would be a good 5th team to add?

Chad Austin, Brad Miller, Brian Cardinal, alt Jaraan Cornell

Troy Lewis, Todd Mitchell, Everette Stephens, alt Steve Scheffler

Reactions: ChuckJr and DAG10
Chad Austin, Brad Miller, Brian Cardinal, alt Jaraan Cornell

Troy Lewis, Todd Mitchell, Everette Stephens, alt Steve Scheffler
Who wins the tournament, even if you add these 2
Teams? I have to say I personally like the 09 team.

I was actually considering posting a thread earlier today asking who would win between the '09 squad (obviously before Hummel went down) to this year's team. I'm honestly not sure who would win (22 better offense, 09 better defense).

Love this!

3 on 3 almost impossible to double team, too much room to recover. Edey could actually be very effective with just single coverage. Defense would be tough for him though. With the teams as they are listed, I would go with 2022 team barely beating 94 team.

This team would handle the 09 team I think.

simply because JuJuan, as much as I love him, would have not been able to hold up.

E’Tuan guarding Ivey would be pretty fun though.
Yeah, but he was a great shot blocker, could score at all 3 levels. He would of had a hard time matching up with Tre, but I think Tre would struggle to keep up with JJ

Love this!

3 on 3 almost impossible to double team, too much room to recover. Edey could actually be very effective with just single coverage. Defense would be tough for him though. With the teams as they are listed, I would go with 2022 team barely beating 94 team.
The problem with Edey is 3 on 3 is constant motion. Not sure Edey would be able to hang. An honorable mention to the 22 team would be Morton. I believe he is a multi gold medalist for USA in 3 on 3

Reactions: ChuckJr
Any team with Glenn will win. Most people have forgot just how great a college basketball player Glenn Robinson was. He was simply on another level than just about anyone. I would put him in the top 5 college basketball players ever.
Glen would be tough for sure, but 3 on 3 is pretty fast paced, and I think Mason would put adequate D on him. I would pay money to see the matchup though, it would be great. Also 3 on 3, you have to sub through you 5 players. When Glen went to the bench, that team might be in a little trouble.

Glen would be tough for sure, but 3 on 3 is pretty fast paced, and I think Mason would put adequate D on him. I would pay money to see the matchup though, it would be great. Also 3 on 3, you have to sub through you 5 players. When Glen went to the bench, that team might be in a little trouble.
Gillis couldn't even guard Diabate last night. You really believe he could guard Glenn Robinson? Lol.

Any team with Glenn will win. Most people have forgot just how great a college basketball player Glenn Robinson was. He was simply on another level than just about anyone. I would put him in the top 5 college basketball players ever.

Glenn was better than Ivey going to the basket. This video is grainy, but you'll get the idea. Add his extra height, better D, and better shot any two former Purdue starters with Glenn would win.

Reactions: Russ Ford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT