ADVERTISEMENT

247 sports updated bowl projections

As for the music bowl, doesn’t the Big 10 have a policy of not sending a team back to the same bowl in back to back years if at all possible?

A lot will depend on who from the west ends up playing for the big 10 championship. And if the Big 10 can get 2 teams in the final championship. It appears now that TCU will fight with USC for that final 4th spot! Could a big 10 team that is not conference champion claim it?

I still see Michigan in the rose bowl, Penn st at the cotton bowl, Iowa at the citrus bowl and Purdue at the reliaquest bowl in Tampa!

With Tennessee and Utah and ucla losing, Penn st will end up in the top 10. And go to the cotton bowl as one of those top 10 team bowl games. That leaves the citrus and reliaquest bowl games for the next best two teams.

If Iowa plays in the championship game and gets blown away, by record, Purdue has a chance at playing in the citrus bowl! It’s obvious the citrus bowl would prefer Penn st, or Iowa. But stranger things have happened.

As I see. It both Michigan and Penn st will play in one of the bigger bowl games. And Purdue will have the next best record . And that means citrus bowl. The key is for Purdue to end up tied with Iowa. And let Iowa get blown away by OSU

It’s odd Penn st was predicted to go to the cotton bowl for the last 3 weeks. They blow their opponents away and Tennessee loses and now Penn st gets their ranking higher but their bowl status lowered to go to the citrus bowl !

I guess just ensure Purdue beats IU and worry about the bowl games later! Maybe TCU or usc will lose. Tennessee’s qb is out for the year. Maybe they will lose again. Maybe OSU and mich will play to a tie! Maybe Nebraska will win!

I’m not sure given a choice what bowl game I’d want to see Purdue play in! Is the Realquest bowl better than the Duke mayo bowl?

I'd prefer the Las Vegas Bowl being here, but unfortunately its not the Big 10's turn this year.

ADVERTISEMENT