ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Recruiting

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002

NOTE: Feel free to post any new/additional information in this thread and I'll update this summary accordingly.

Offer Summary

Guard - McKenzie Mathurin - Broken Arrow HS, Tulsa OK - AAU team - Oklahoma SWIFT WBB
Forward - Kira Reynolds - South Bend Washington HS, South Bend IN - AAU team - Sports City U
Combo - Jaylah Lampley - Lawrence Central HS, Indianapolis IN - AAU team - Indiana Blaze United
Guard - Ella Todd - William Fremd HS, Palatine, IL - AAU team - Wolverinas

Last edited:

Purdue visit: 8/5/21

Other Offers: Kansas State, Illinois, SMU, McNeese State, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Arkansas, Abilene Christian, UT Arlington, Oklahoma, Arkansas State, Wichita State, Missouri S&T

Visits: Kansas State, Illinois, LSU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Missouri, Tulsa, Texas Tech, Arkansas

Last edited:
Note: Daughter of Purdue great Jannon Lampley (Jannon Roland)

Other Offers: Cincinnati, West Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Mississippi State, Michigan, Kentucky, Michigan State, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Butler

Visits: Pittsburgh, Louisville, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Kentucky, Purdue

Last edited:
While I was updating these to include offers the other night, I learned that Jaylah Lampley is the daughter of Jannon Lampley, who might be better known to Purdue women's basketball fans by her maiden name Roland. She has another daughter we've offered in the 2026 class named Lola. These appear to be very highly-rated players nationally and you can tell by their offer list that we are not alone in offering them early. To be clear, the class of 2025 is probably playing their first varsity game this week, at least in Indiana, and the class of 2026 are still in 8th grade this season. There's a ways to go here but it is an early recruiting opportunity for Coach Gearlds.

While I was updating these to include offers the other night, I learned that Jaylah Lampley is the daughter of Jannon Lampley, who might be better known to Purdue women's basketball fans by her maiden name Roland. She has another daughter we've offered in the 2026 class named Lola. These appear to be very highly-rated players nationally and you can tell by their offer list that we are not alone in offering them early. To be clear, the class of 2025 is probably playing their first varsity game this week, at least in Indiana, and the class of 2026 are still in 8th grade this season. There's a ways to go here but it is an early recruiting opportunity for Coach Gearlds.
Let me know when its kosher to talk about 2027.

Ok thanks. Yes my friends daughter is on this list. I would consider her a heavy Purdue lean even tho its extremely early. And of course you know what I’m going to say now..... I expect her to do some serious climbing up this list. Boiler Up!

Ok thanks. Yes my friends daughter is on this list. I would consider her a heavy Purdue lean even tho its extremely early. And of course you know what I’m going to say now..... I expect her to do some serious climbing up this list. Boiler Up!
I like to hear this!

Reactions: BoilerUp81
The other night, as I was updating them to include offers, I discovered that Jaylah Lampley is the daughter of Jannon Lampley, who Purdue women's basketball fans may be more familiar with by her maiden name Roland. She has a second daughter, Lola, who we've offered in the 2026 class. These players seem to be among the best in the country, and you can tell from their offer list that we are not the only ones making an early offer on them. To be clear, the class of 2026 is still in 8th grade this season, and the class of 2025 is likely to play their first varsity game this week, at least in Indiana. Although there is still work to do, Coach Gearlds is taking advantage of this early recruiting opportunity.

Hopefully TC4THREE is ok, haven’t saw any posts lately unless I’m missing something.
He is still lurking.... he thought IU losing in the second round justified him saying last year was their best ever chance for a Final Four and laughed at my post from a year ago stating I thought they would have a good chance this year as well. Apparently being a #1 seed but being upset is proof for him that they weren't better this year than last... ;)

Reactions: DavidBoiler
Roland was a really good player at Purdue. Wasn't she also on Kristy Curry's staff here?

Roland was a really good player at Purdue. Wasn't she also on Kristy Curry's staff here?
Yes, and at the heart of the scandal with Merriweather, as it was Jannon that twice went to Curry over Merriweather's cheating and finally went to Burke over it. With Katrina's hiring at UCincy, we have one less competitor for Lampley as I cannot see her mother not telling her what kind of a person Katrina Merriweather is.

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
Yeah I am starting to recall all of that crap now when Curry ran away. Though we still had a couple good teams just after that year, I swear it was the start of our decline to mediocrity. I guess you could say Alabama wouldn't be on the list of suitors either.

Reactions: DocRon
Yes, and at the heart of the scandal with Merriweather, as it was Jannon that twice went to Curry over Merriweather's cheating and finally went to Burke over it. With Katrina's hiring at UCincy, we have one less competitor for Lampley as I cannot see her mother not telling her what kind of a person Katrina Merriweather is.
Hmmm. I have never heard that about Jannon before. That is sad and makes me even more bitter about Curry. Thanks, Michael.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Yes, and it was Jannon who brought up Merriweather's cheating to Curry twice before bringing it up to Burke. Jannon was at the centre of the Merriweather scandal. We now have one less opponent for Lampley thanks to Katrina's job at UCincy, as I cannot imagine her mother keeping Katrina Merriweather's character a secret from her daughter.

Reactions: Purdue80 and DocRon
After taking quite a fall in the updated ESPN rankings - Kira Reynolds showed out this weekend at the Run 4 Roses AAU event - leading her team to the championship and getting some great publicity from ESPN - getting her on board will be absolutely pivotal for the program rebuild. Thankfully the Reynolds family seems to be SUPER close!

She looks like she could be the best of the bunch. Any idea how the rankings are made??? Dont understand how someone could drop so far while others like Stoddard and Woltman were classified as top 100 players?

She looks like she could be the best of the bunch. Any idea how the rankings are made??? Dont understand how someone could drop so far while others like Stoddard and Woltman were classified as top 100 players?

There’s still time for her to rise a bit which I think she will. Rankings are heavily based on a prospect’s potential. Woltman had a ton of potential coming out of high school. At 6’4 and with her build and nice mobility - she showed tons of potential as a high school prospect although wasn’t super productive in terms of stats I remember correctly.

To me, she didn’t seem to be super in love with the game (as shown by her not coming back or transferring somewhere for her Covid year) which might have led to her failing to develop the fundamental part of the game. So many easy bunnies and basic basketball moves were blown with her - even late in her basketball career. She never seemed to be able to put it all together.

Stoddard, as only a rising sophomore, still has a ton of potential IMO. Posts take a lot more time to develop- it’s pretty rare to see a post player, save for a HS All American- to come in right away and make an instant impact. Their full presence is normally felt by year 2 or 3. I still think she’ll be a player that will be productive as a junior or senior as long as she progresses with her fundamental skillset and can develop her frame in the weight room because the length and mobility are there.

There’s still time for her to rise a bit which I think she will. Rankings are heavily based on a prospect’s potential. Woltman had a ton of potential coming out of high school. At 6’4 and with her build and nice mobility - she showed tons of potential as a high school prospect although wasn’t super productive in terms of stats I remember correctly.

To me, she didn’t seem to be super in love with the game (as shown by her not coming back or transferring somewhere for her Covid year) which might have led to her failing to develop the fundamental part of the game. So many easy bunnies and basic basketball moves were blown with her - even late in her basketball career. She never seemed to be able to put it all together.

Stoddard, as only a rising sophomore, still has a ton of potential IMO. Posts take a lot more time to develop- it’s pretty rare to see a post player, save for a HS All American- to come in right away and make an instant impact. Their full presence is normally felt by year 2 or 3. I still think she’ll be a player that will be productive as a junior or senior as long as she progresses with her fundamental skillset and can develop her frame in the weight room because the length and mobility are there.
Stoddard should have redshirted last year, not sure it was an option but it would have been a good move for both her and Potts. Potts father was/is pissed about the Covid extra year, one way to counter it is with a redshirt.

Stoddard should have redshirted last year, not sure it was an option but it would have been a good move for both her and Potts. Potts father was/is pissed about the Covid extra year, one way to counter it is with a redshirt.

I find it interesting that Potts has yet to make a transfer destination known.

The rankings reflect both where a player is now, and the upside potential they seem to possess. Other than the top 25 players, a lot of the ranking is on potential. Woltman never progressed the way she was expected to in her four years. For Woltman, its hard to say if it was a misranking, a mismatch in coaches to her training needs, or just she did not put in the effort. Stoddard never got a chance, so she may well be a top 75 player by the time she graduates, we will see. But few players are significantly better at their second schools than their first, although with the portal that seems to be less true than it was 10 years ago.

As to why Kira dropped in the rankings it could be a single bad outing at a tournament seen by the wrong people at the wrong time, a matter of her not progressing as fast as some of her peers year over year, or just a statistical anomaly. Really the difference most years from 40-80 is insignificant, the difference from 20-40 however is usually huge.

The rankings reflect both where a player is now, and the upside potential they seem to possess. Other than the top 25 players, a lot of the ranking is on potential. Woltman never progressed the way she was expected to in her four years. For Woltman, its hard to say if it was a misranking, a mismatch in coaches to her training needs, or just she did not put in the effort. Stoddard never got a chance, so she may well be a top 75 player by the time she graduates, we will see. But few players are significantly better at their second schools than their first, although with the portal that seems to be less true than it was 10 years ago.

As to why Kira dropped in the rankings it could be a single bad outing at a tournament seen by the wrong people at the wrong time, a matter of her not progressing as fast as some of her peers year over year, or just a statistical anomaly. Really the difference most years from 40-80 is insignificant, the difference from 20-40 however is usually huge.

If Woltman was truly passionate about the game she would’ve taken advantage of the extra Covid year - especially considering she barely played her first 2 years. Either here or somewhere else. The fact she turned that down tells you all you need to know.

Stoddard was given a chance. I know you think you know more than any coach on the planet but no coach in their right mind would leave a 6’4 kid on the bench if she proved she could play at this level or better than the two kids that received the PT. It wasn’t some vendetta KG had against the kid. She just didn’t have what it takes physically or skill wise to play her freshmen year. She showed that pretty glaringly during her few minutes she received. If you want to blame KG - blame it on her not redshirting the kid but not not giving her a chance.

If Woltman was truly passionate about the game she would’ve taken advantage of the extra Covid year - especially considering she barely played her first 2 years. Either here or somewhere else. The fact she turned that down tells you all you need to know.

Stoddard was given a chance. I know you think you know more than any coach on the planet but no coach in their right mind would leave a 6’4 kid on the bench if she proved she could play at this level or better than the two kids that received the PT. It wasn’t some vendetta KG had against the kid. She just didn’t have what it takes physically or skill wise to play her freshmen year. She showed that pretty glaringly during her few minutes she received. If you want to blame KG - blame it on her not redshirting the kid but not not giving her a chance.
The "cult of personality" is certainly obvious here. Even when CKG is not directly criticized some militant posters feel the need to rush to her defense. It's like no one learned anything from the 15 year slog of Versyp and her cult following. Not saying CKG will fail, but it's obvious no matter what her results some "fans" on here will support her until their dying breath

The "cult of personality" is certainly obvious here. Even when CKG is not directly criticized some militant posters feel the need to rush to her defense. It's like no one learned anything from the 15 year slog of Versyp and her cult following. Not saying CKG will fail, but it's obvious no matter what her results some "fans" on here will support her until their dying breath
I literally said criticizing KG for not red shirting her is valid - but criticism for her not giving her a shot is certainly not. Coaches give all scholarship players a shot during summer workouts and preseason practices - but they take those results and play the kids who give them the best chance of winning and Stoddard in, freshmen form, did not. It was obvious the minutes she did get. Hence why the only valid criticism in my mind is not redshirting her.

The case I have for why she was wasn’t redshirted - we were thin in the post - she was insurance for if Woltman/learn/Harper was injured. And with the instant transfer rule now in effect - coaches may be less prone to make major investments in players. What happens if you redshirt a player and they turnaround and transfer the next year. Stoddard was not her recruit - you could surmise that her relationship with her wasn’t as strong as “her” recruits that are in this year’s freshmen class. Heck I’m not even sure KG would’ve offered her because she’s certainly not a 3 level scorer that she seems to covet. She was a SV leftover, so I don’t think the initial trust was there on either side to warrant KG to make the decision to make that investment.

Reactions: mathboy and DocRon
I literally said criticizing KG for not red shirting her is valid - but criticism for her not giving her a shot is certainly not. Coaches give all scholarship players a shot during summer workouts and preseason practices - but they take those results and play the kids who give them the best chance of winning and Stoddard in, freshmen form, did not. It was obvious the minutes she did get. Hence why the only valid criticism in my mind is not redshirting her.

The case I have for why she was wasn’t redshirted - we were thin in the post - she was insurance for if Woltman/learn/Harper was injured. And with the instant transfer rule now in effect - coaches may be less prone to make major investments in players. What happens if you redshirt a player and they turnaround and transfer the next year. Stoddard was not her recruit - you could surmise that her relationship with her wasn’t as strong as “her” recruits that are in this year’s freshmen class. Heck I’m not even sure KG would’ve offered her because she’s certainly not a 3 level scorer that she seems to covet. She was a SV leftover, so I don’t think the initial trust was there on either side to warrant KG to make the decision to make that investment.
CKG should also be questioned/criticized for not playing Potts and or Stoddard in the blowouts in BT play. That sent a VERY clear signal she wanted them gone or that she cannot manage player development. JMO

Sure you can make that case - it was surprising they weren’t given more PT but that wouldn’t have changed anything in terms of the team winning and losing and that’s what KG is ultimately judged on. But at the end of the day. Potts left and has yet to commit anywhere - and it’s almost the end of summer workouts so I’m not sure if she’s going juco or D2 or what - she would’ve been the most obvious choice for a redshirt out of the two due to our many guards on the roster. She really must’ve showed absolutely nothing in practice that even gave the coaches the hope she’d turn into anything… and it looks like she’s not alone considering she’s still without a school. So she’s certainly not a big loss. I mean is she just quitting basketball? Strange

Stoddard probably should’ve gotten more reps but I really think KG knew she didn’t have a future with the program and that’s fine, Versyp and KG have differences in their styles - and the major one is that of post players. KG wants more versatile posts. Something Stoddard def isn’t. Maybe she’ll fit Butler’s system better and have a nice career, or maybe she’ll be a role player for a bottom feeder big east school. Again - losing either is not a big loss at all.

Why is it that the kid sitting on the end of the bench collecting splinters is "obviously" a great player, and yet, the coach never plays her? When I read these posts, I just get this feeling that the poster has no f-ing clue. Surely I wrong? Surely these internet warriors are brilliant basket savants, right?

I guess the way a player works in practice sessions all year long might be the best predictor of the way she might play in games. If we don't see them in blow out games, we probably shouldn't consider them a player with any sort of development potential, right? Well at least that's the perspective I carry.

:cool:

Why is it that the kid sitting on the end of the bench collecting splinters is "obviously" a great player, and yet, the coach never plays her? When I read these posts, I just get this feeling that the poster has no f-ing clue. Surely I wrong? Surely these internet warriors are brilliant basket savants, right?

I guess the way a player works in practice sessions all year long might be the best predictor of the way she might play in games. If we don't see them in blow out games, we probably shouldn't consider them a player with any sort of development potential, right? Well at least that's the perspective I carry.

:cool:
No one called for Stoddard to start of play a significant role or number of minutes, but to snub the end of your bench in a 25 point blowout is just shitty coaching any way you measure it.

No one called for Stoddard to start of play a significant role or number of minutes, but to snub the end of your bench in a 25 point blowout is just shitty coaching any way you measure it.
I agree on some points, no reason to not play Stoddard and Potts in blowouts, both families were close and both went to games, give the girls some minutes when games were decided. In Stoddard’s case a bit of animosity has happened because of that. They’re a great family but would get irritated as any family would, play the kid a little in blowouts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT