ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Tight End Decommits From Purdue

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
2024 tight end and three-star prospect Eric Karner has de-committed from Purdue. He announced his decision Thursday evening.

After previously committing to the Boilermakers in March, Karner received offers from Texas A&M, Alabama, South Carolina and Arkansas.

Why worry about a recruit decommitting, lots of tight ends out there, the guy doesn’t want to be a Boiler, what good does talking about it gonna do

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
The potential BIG suck is a lot of the perennial top ten or money schools may just sit back and wait to poach not just first and second year stand outs from programs, but they may keep an eye on schools that have built reputations on catching "diamonds in the rough" in the recruiting process and step in to take them away.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Kind of sucks but glad we've got plenty of time to recruit another. Also, Bama or A&M never seem to utilize their TE's much.

Reactions: krf3632
Kind of sucks but glad we've got plenty of time to recruit another. Also, Bama or A&M never seem to utilize their TE's much.

Alabama has had a few TEs go in the first couple rounds. O.J Howard was the 12thish? overall pick.

Alabama has had a few TEs go in the first couple rounds. O.J Howard was the 12thish? overall pick.
Did you really name a player from 8-10 years ago? And I'll bet you had to look that up. TE might be the lowest drafted position coming out of Bama under Saban.

Did you really name a player from 8-10 years ago? And I'll bet you had to look that up. TE might be the lowest drafted position coming out of Bama under Saban.

No didn't look it up, otherwise I am sure I could have done better than 12ish with my pick.

Edit: It was 6 years ago, since then Alabama also had Irv Smith Jr drafted 50th. Going to Alabama (if that's where he goes) has nothing to so with utilization in college otherwise he goes to Iowa.

Last edited:
When is someone’s dad gonna help us
Both of his kids are really high on Walter's. One is a former IU, NFL player, trains the top players in the state of Indiana and also has a positional coach offer from Purdue and the other is a Purdue undergrad, AAU Indy heat coach and NFLPA agent.

We're in a good place with Walter's. A ton of top talent are high on Purdue and that has come from Walter's young vibrant leadership.

Last edited:
If the NCAA does not install a HARD CAP asap like the NHL has which has successfully been upheld, COLLEGE SPORTS will just be a side show of the haves playing the have nots since we do not have Billionaires willing to dump money down a hole with no bottom!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Honestly, looking at the roster, we're pretty stacked with solid guys with upside. Could be as much about playing as anything else.

If the NCAA does not install a HARD CAP asap like the NHL has which has successfully been upheld, COLLEGE SPORTS will just be a side show of the haves playing the have nots since we do not have Billionaires willing to dump money down a hole with no bottom!
Shame that Alabama pumps out better graduates who make more money, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT